.

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm

.

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm

.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14524
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:05 pm

I could see it getting one big, super-encompassing, so-expensive-you'll-never-eat-again box set containing the full series once the TV and smaller DVD runs have finished.
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]

[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]

Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm

.

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:06 pm

.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14524
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Kaboom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:11 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:So I should wait and save my money?
I'm not telling or suggesting you do anything. Saying "I could see it happening" holds no bearing on whether or not it will. Don't hold your breath for something that may never exist.
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]

[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]

Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT

User avatar
Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:02 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:So I should wait and save my money?

If you're not impatient then yes, save your money for now.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm

.

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:46 pm

.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:48 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:But why in the world would Toei "Re-Release " DB "Kai" ? I think the singles are the only thing they will release...
I mean, if you add it all up, it will be more than $300 ... I think FUNimation might do it, because they always seem to have problems (no offense).. Wouldn't you agree?
Waaaaaay more. Like, over $1000.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
Rory
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Rory » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:35 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:But why in the world would Toei "Re-Release " DB "Kai" ? I think the singles are the only thing they will release...
I mean, if you add it all up, it will be more than $300 ... I think FUNimation might do it, because they always seem to have problems (no offense).. Wouldn't you agree?
You're asking a question, disregarding the feedback, and answering your own question.
Just thought I'd let you know.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 am

Rory wrote:
AnimeMaakuo wrote:But why in the world would Toei "Re-Release " DB "Kai" ? I think the singles are the only thing they will release...
I mean, if you add it all up, it will be more than $300 ... I think FUNimation might do it, because they always seem to have problems (no offense).. Wouldn't you agree?
You're asking a question, disregarding the feedback, and answering your own question.
Just thought I'd let you know.
He's just looking for people to agree with him, so he can feel better about not waiting for a possible future box set release.

User avatar
oXdanXo
Regular
Posts: 562
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 am
Location: Capsule Corp.

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by oXdanXo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm

There's always a market, if they do it will be cheaper than buying them all on their own if it's mass produced. Or it could be more expensive but a very limited run, meaning some fans will want to pick it up kind of like the Dragon Boxes in Japan.
I think it will happen, but that's just my opinion, you've already made your mind up though.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

User avatar
Masa95000
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Masa95000 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:12 am

I'd recommend buying the singles because they all have new original artwork that probably won't be available in an all encompassing box set. Of course, that's just what FUNImation's marketing department said about the packaging....

DBK Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cdb5HTwlc

DBK Part 2 (skip to 3:03): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrupD7316w

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 am

Meh. I personally can't see justifying a few hundreds dollars just for some cover art I could easily find on the internet. Honestly, it's the contents of the discs that are important, not the darn cover.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

User avatar
Masa95000
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Masa95000 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 am

Aesthetic value? What matters is if it's nice to look at on a TV screen as well as on the shelf.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:31 am

But is that really important enough to own them TWICE? Isn't there enough aesthetic value with just one set of artwork? Yes, nice-looking cover art is good, too, but I'm honestly much more concerned with what I see on my screen (you know, what I spent a few dozen dollars on) than what I see on my shelf. I mean, really, there's no difference whether you spend $30 for a DVD or Blu-ray you'll never use because you already own it and just want the new box art; or going online, printing out the pretty picture for free, and putting it on your shelf alongside the first Dragon Ball Kai releases you already bought.

I mean, hey, it's your money, but if any FUNimation muckety-muck reads threads like this, he must be salivating: "Wow. We don't have to do anything at all! We can just repackage the exact same discs in the exact same way with the exact same box... and slap on a new picture, and they'll buy it all over again! Brilliant!" Again, it's your money. Some people want to have everything, and there's nothing really wrong with wanting the ultimate collection for bragging rights or even a good joke (after all, how many different versions of movie 1 does Mike have at this point, for example, but at least most of those are different language versions, different dubs, released by different companies, etc...), but at the same time part of me does become quite concerned that the home video industry can get away with the scenario I just mentioned because it seems the "die-hard fans" are willing to shell out cash for just about anything, no matter how redundantly redundant it is. And that leads me to worry that, if consumers don't make discerning choices with their money, there will be no reason for the ones who release the products to concern themselves with putting out quality products. I mean, the whole home video market is based on getting people to repeatedly buy things they already own, but do we have to make it this easy for them? After all, what would cost less money for FUNimation? Buying the distribution rights to the GT Dragon Boxes or just combining the pre-existing season sets into a new box with a new cover design and selling it all over ag... oh, wait...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

User avatar
Masa95000
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Masa95000 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm not saying that I'd get a box set like that because I too think that it's a waste to buy the same thing twice like that. However, it may be a good idea for someone who doesn't want to buy all the individual boxes right now to wait for a series box set if there ever is one.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Well, in that case... we're in agreement. :wink:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

Post Reply