.
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
I could see it getting one big, super-encompassing, so-expensive-you'll-never-eat-again box set containing the full series once the TV and smaller DVD runs have finished.
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]
[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]
Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT
[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]
Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
I'm not telling or suggesting you do anything. Saying "I could see it happening" holds no bearing on whether or not it will. Don't hold your breath for something that may never exist.AnimeMaakuo wrote:So I should wait and save my money?
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]
[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]
Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT
[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]
Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT
- Budogenkai
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 771
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 am
- Location: Ohio
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
AnimeMaakuo wrote:So I should wait and save my money?
If you're not impatient then yes, save your money for now.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64
http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips
anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?
360: Bhuda64
http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips
anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
- Kingdom Heartless
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3393
- Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
- Location: QLD, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
Waaaaaay more. Like, over $1000.AnimeMaakuo wrote:But why in the world would Toei "Re-Release " DB "Kai" ? I think the singles are the only thing they will release...
I mean, if you add it all up, it will be more than $300 ... I think FUNimation might do it, because they always seem to have problems (no offense).. Wouldn't you agree?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
You're asking a question, disregarding the feedback, and answering your own question.AnimeMaakuo wrote:But why in the world would Toei "Re-Release " DB "Kai" ? I think the singles are the only thing they will release...
I mean, if you add it all up, it will be more than $300 ... I think FUNimation might do it, because they always seem to have problems (no offense).. Wouldn't you agree?
Just thought I'd let you know.
-
Piccolo Daimaoh
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5407
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
He's just looking for people to agree with him, so he can feel better about not waiting for a possible future box set release.Rory wrote:You're asking a question, disregarding the feedback, and answering your own question.AnimeMaakuo wrote:But why in the world would Toei "Re-Release " DB "Kai" ? I think the singles are the only thing they will release...
I mean, if you add it all up, it will be more than $300 ... I think FUNimation might do it, because they always seem to have problems (no offense).. Wouldn't you agree?
Just thought I'd let you know.
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
There's always a market, if they do it will be cheaper than buying them all on their own if it's mass produced. Or it could be more expensive but a very limited run, meaning some fans will want to pick it up kind of like the Dragon Boxes in Japan.
I think it will happen, but that's just my opinion, you've already made your mind up though.
I think it will happen, but that's just my opinion, you've already made your mind up though.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force
If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure
If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me
If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure
If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
I'd recommend buying the singles because they all have new original artwork that probably won't be available in an all encompassing box set. Of course, that's just what FUNImation's marketing department said about the packaging....
DBK Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cdb5HTwlc
DBK Part 2 (skip to 3:03): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrupD7316w
DBK Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cdb5HTwlc
DBK Part 2 (skip to 3:03): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrupD7316w
- Gaffer Tape
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6141
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
- Contact:
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
Meh. I personally can't see justifying a few hundreds dollars just for some cover art I could easily find on the internet. Honestly, it's the contents of the discs that are important, not the darn cover.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:
MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)
MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
Aesthetic value? What matters is if it's nice to look at on a TV screen as well as on the shelf.
- Gaffer Tape
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6141
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
- Contact:
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
But is that really important enough to own them TWICE? Isn't there enough aesthetic value with just one set of artwork? Yes, nice-looking cover art is good, too, but I'm honestly much more concerned with what I see on my screen (you know, what I spent a few dozen dollars on) than what I see on my shelf. I mean, really, there's no difference whether you spend $30 for a DVD or Blu-ray you'll never use because you already own it and just want the new box art; or going online, printing out the pretty picture for free, and putting it on your shelf alongside the first Dragon Ball Kai releases you already bought.
I mean, hey, it's your money, but if any FUNimation muckety-muck reads threads like this, he must be salivating: "Wow. We don't have to do anything at all! We can just repackage the exact same discs in the exact same way with the exact same box... and slap on a new picture, and they'll buy it all over again! Brilliant!" Again, it's your money. Some people want to have everything, and there's nothing really wrong with wanting the ultimate collection for bragging rights or even a good joke (after all, how many different versions of movie 1 does Mike have at this point, for example, but at least most of those are different language versions, different dubs, released by different companies, etc...), but at the same time part of me does become quite concerned that the home video industry can get away with the scenario I just mentioned because it seems the "die-hard fans" are willing to shell out cash for just about anything, no matter how redundantly redundant it is. And that leads me to worry that, if consumers don't make discerning choices with their money, there will be no reason for the ones who release the products to concern themselves with putting out quality products. I mean, the whole home video market is based on getting people to repeatedly buy things they already own, but do we have to make it this easy for them? After all, what would cost less money for FUNimation? Buying the distribution rights to the GT Dragon Boxes or just combining the pre-existing season sets into a new box with a new cover design and selling it all over ag... oh, wait...
I mean, hey, it's your money, but if any FUNimation muckety-muck reads threads like this, he must be salivating: "Wow. We don't have to do anything at all! We can just repackage the exact same discs in the exact same way with the exact same box... and slap on a new picture, and they'll buy it all over again! Brilliant!" Again, it's your money. Some people want to have everything, and there's nothing really wrong with wanting the ultimate collection for bragging rights or even a good joke (after all, how many different versions of movie 1 does Mike have at this point, for example, but at least most of those are different language versions, different dubs, released by different companies, etc...), but at the same time part of me does become quite concerned that the home video industry can get away with the scenario I just mentioned because it seems the "die-hard fans" are willing to shell out cash for just about anything, no matter how redundantly redundant it is. And that leads me to worry that, if consumers don't make discerning choices with their money, there will be no reason for the ones who release the products to concern themselves with putting out quality products. I mean, the whole home video market is based on getting people to repeatedly buy things they already own, but do we have to make it this easy for them? After all, what would cost less money for FUNimation? Buying the distribution rights to the GT Dragon Boxes or just combining the pre-existing season sets into a new box with a new cover design and selling it all over ag... oh, wait...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:
MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)
MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
I'm not saying that I'd get a box set like that because I too think that it's a waste to buy the same thing twice like that. However, it may be a good idea for someone who doesn't want to buy all the individual boxes right now to wait for a series box set if there ever is one.
- Gaffer Tape
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6141
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
- Contact:
Re: Do you think they will release JP " Kai " box sets?
Well, in that case... we're in agreement. 
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:
MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)
MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)



