Hironobu Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
songohan619
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 1457
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 am
Location: Askøy, Norway

Hironobu Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by songohan619 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:32 am

Also known as "GeniDude" and "NerdyNorwegian"!

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:36 am

No, that is not Hironobu Kageyama.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

User avatar
Mewzard
I Live Here
Posts: 2009
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by Mewzard » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:53 am

I agree with Mike. That's not Hironobu Kageyama. He looks too young, for one thing. Kageyama still looks good for his age, mind you, but that looks like someone who hasn't even seen all of his 20s, even if much of them.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3772
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 pm

*sigh*...If only Kageyama did sing Dragon Soul. I still believe "Chala Head Chala" is the greatest opening theme of all Dragon Ball opening themes.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

User avatar
songohan619
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 1457
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 am
Location: Askøy, Norway

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by songohan619 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:39 pm

i couldnt see the singer very well, but i guess you are right. it still sounds abit like him. do you know who is singing?
Also known as "GeniDude" and "NerdyNorwegian"!

User avatar
NUDEoctopus
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: United States

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by NUDEoctopus » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Whether that is Hironobu or not, he sounds just like him.
PSN: moyerman105

User avatar
Ryu-Ken Bakuhatsu
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by Ryu-Ken Bakuhatsu » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:11 pm

I consider myself a fairly avid listener to Mr. Kageyama's work and I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly confuse this for him. In my opinion Kageyama is incomparable both in looks and most certainly his unique sound. There are few I've seen that have as quite a tremendous stage presence as Hironobu Kageyama. That aside I did enjoy the video.

Jaetinh
Regular
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Hironubo Kageyama singing Dragon Soul?

Post by Jaetinh » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:23 am

That was good.

I'd prefer him over the original singer.

Post Reply