Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
powerupguy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?

Post by powerupguy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:07 pm

So I have been watching DBZ Kai on Nicktoons and I really don't like it. However, I have seen the Japanese dub and I find it really enjoyable. So my question becomes, would it be wise for me to buy the Blu-ray of Kai and watch the Japanese dub? I would also like to know if the Blu-ray release is edited like Kai is on TV.

User avatar
Cootie
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:26 am

Re: Blu-Ray

Post by Cootie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 pm

No. The DVD's are uncut and not edited in any way. It comes with an English dub and the original Japanese while both play the Japanese score. You can buy them on the Funimation website for pretty cheap.
"It just says dear Freeza... and then theres a picture of a butt"

User avatar
Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am
Location: U..S..A..

Re: Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:27 am

The video quality is the same, I'd only buy the JPN version if you care about the text being in Japanese and only having the Japanese version.

User avatar
Puto
I Live Here
Posts: 2673
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Portugal, Oeiras

Re: Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?

Post by Puto » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:18 am

I don't think he's asking if he should buy the Japanese Blu-rays... He's just asking if it's worth buying the (US) Blu-rays so he can watch them in Japanese.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

User avatar
powerupguy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?

Post by powerupguy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Puto wrote:I don't think he's asking if he should buy the Japanese Blu-rays... He's just asking if it's worth buying the (US) Blu-rays so he can watch them in Japanese.
Correct.

Post Reply