Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?
- powerupguy
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm
Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?
So I have been watching DBZ Kai on Nicktoons and I really don't like it. However, I have seen the Japanese dub and I find it really enjoyable. So my question becomes, would it be wise for me to buy the Blu-ray of Kai and watch the Japanese dub? I would also like to know if the Blu-ray release is edited like Kai is on TV.
Re: Blu-Ray
No. The DVD's are uncut and not edited in any way. It comes with an English dub and the original Japanese while both play the Japanese score. You can buy them on the Funimation website for pretty cheap.
"It just says dear Freeza... and then theres a picture of a butt"
- Daimo-Rukiri
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1529
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am
- Location: U..S..A..
Re: Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?
The video quality is the same, I'd only buy the JPN version if you care about the text being in Japanese and only having the Japanese version.
Re: Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?
I don't think he's asking if he should buy the Japanese Blu-rays... He's just asking if it's worth buying the (US) Blu-rays so he can watch them in Japanese.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.
- powerupguy
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm
Re: Purchase the Blu-ray for the JP version or not?
Correct.Puto wrote:I don't think he's asking if he should buy the Japanese Blu-rays... He's just asking if it's worth buying the (US) Blu-rays so he can watch them in Japanese.

