DBZ Kai "Ranker"
- The S
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2414
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
- Location: Moesko Island, WA
- Contact:
DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Came across this at complete random when I went back to the old 4Kids site to see if it had changed since I was last there (which it did, a lot).
They've got this "ranker" for characters pitting two against one another, and tallying votes to see who is most popular (natch, SS Goku and vanilla Goku are at the top). I remember them having something similar to this with TMNT back when 4Kids still had the license, which was cool because it included obscure characters like Abraham Lincoln, 80's Casey Jones (who never showed up in any 4Kids production) and all of the Serling-esque robots.
Anyway, what I thought was interesting about the Kai ranker, is that it uses many... unusual names for a Funimation dub-based product - most of which are actually the Japanese versions, like Kaio, Tenshinhan, and Kamesennin.
http://www.4kids.tv/show/dragon-ball-z- ... er/results
Just thought I'd share since it's a wee bit out of the ordinary.
They've got this "ranker" for characters pitting two against one another, and tallying votes to see who is most popular (natch, SS Goku and vanilla Goku are at the top). I remember them having something similar to this with TMNT back when 4Kids still had the license, which was cool because it included obscure characters like Abraham Lincoln, 80's Casey Jones (who never showed up in any 4Kids production) and all of the Serling-esque robots.
Anyway, what I thought was interesting about the Kai ranker, is that it uses many... unusual names for a Funimation dub-based product - most of which are actually the Japanese versions, like Kaio, Tenshinhan, and Kamesennin.
http://www.4kids.tv/show/dragon-ball-z- ... er/results
Just thought I'd share since it's a wee bit out of the ordinary.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!
- VegettoEX
- Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
- Posts: 17867
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Huh, pretty fun seeing the "Saichoro" and "Saibaiman" in there... "Goku Super" has to be my favorite, though
.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::
- gotensottile
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 pm
- Location: Connecticut
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
I dunno EX, Pual has to be my favorite.
Kiwi? Gyumao? Weird.
And yet Frieza and with "i".
Kiwi? Gyumao? Weird.
And yet Frieza and with "i".
[My YouTube] [My Twitter]
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Blue Popo looks even worse than he does on the show, somehow.
I'm Rosie (she/her
). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago 
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Umm yes he is.Taku128 wrote:But King Vegeta isn't even in Kai...
He is to be found(amongst other appearances I think) in episode 45 at least.
Episode 45 is that episode, where Goku uses Kaiokenx20.
- Metalwario64
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6332
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
- Location: Namek
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly! At least they didn't misspell "Frieza" as "Freiza". 
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash
- Makaioshin
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Kokomo
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Poor Oolong is in last place.
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Oh. I haven't watched Kai that far, but I figured since it's cut to be closer to the manga he wouldn't be in it.dbgtFO wrote:Umm yes he is.Taku128 wrote:But King Vegeta isn't even in Kai...
He is to be found(amongst other appearances I think) in episode 45 at least.
Episode 45 is that episode, where Goku uses Kaiokenx20.
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
I like how King Cold is there despite not having appeared in the US version of Kai yet. When I saw him I half-expected to see some of the Androids.
-
Piccolo Daimaoh
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5407
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
There's also some pretty neat wallpapers on 4kids' site, if you guys want.
- DB_Fan1991
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1230
- Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
- Location: Tampa, FL, USA
- Contact:
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Yep I snagged the wallpaper of Freeza and his henchmen.Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:There's also some pretty neat wallpapers on 4kids' site, if you guys want.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]
- ShadowDude112
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
I grabbed the one of Goku and Vegeta fighting. It's the last one. It looks totally awesome. I hope to see more. It gives me a good reason to go on 4Kids' website.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
- The Time Traveller
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 3456
- Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
- Location: UK
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
That actually looks waaaaay more accurate than "Jeice"...Metalwario64 wrote:Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly!
-
Piccolo Daimaoh
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5407
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Especially since FUNimation pronounces it "Jayce".The Time Traveller wrote:That actually looks waaaaay more accurate than "Jeice"...Metalwario64 wrote:Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly!
- Metalwario64
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6332
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
- Location: Namek
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Actually thinking now, you're right if it'd be pronounced like "Jiis". I actually originally read it as "Jii-ehs", so I can see your point.The Time Traveller wrote:That actually looks waaaaay more accurate than "Jeice"...Metalwario64 wrote:Wow. "Jiece". They couldn't even spell FUNimation's spelling correctly!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash
- Great Saiyaman I
- Regular
- Posts: 726
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:34 pm
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Gotta wonder why Shenlong is that high up. Especially why he's higher than the stronger reincarnation of the guy who blew him up two arcs ago.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:No.Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
- Innagadadavida
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3480
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Arkansas, USA
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
I gotta wonder how kids even know what Shenron is. They edited him out of the opening and he rarely appears in the show. 
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
Maybe the kids like his name.....orrr....some fans can't seem to keep away from 4kids. I get it though, it's DBZ.Zephyr wrote:I like how King Cold is there despite not having appeared in the US version of Kai yet. When I saw him I half-expected to see some of the Androids.
Anyway, go supah Goku.
- MetaMoss
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 614
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:14 pm
- Location: Portland, Oregon area
Re: DBZ Kai "Ranker"
"Vegeta Kid", "Tenshinhan" (thumbs up for them on that one)VegettoEX wrote:Huh, pretty fun seeing the "Saichoro" and "Saibaiman" in there... "Goku Super" has to be my favorite, though.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.







