The Jinzoningen Chronology makes no sense.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: The Jinzoningen Chronology makes no sense.

Post by Herms » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:36 am

Bussani wrote:And the Nameless Namekian is also known as "The Son of Kattatz".
Not to pick on you, but there seems to be some confusion lately as to how to spell the name of God/Piccolo's parent. In Japanese it's カタッツ/Katattsu, a pun on katatsumuri, meaning snail. So you could leave that as-is and call the character "Katattsu", or adapt it a bit and call him "Katatz" (similar to how Radittsu becomes "Raditz"), but there's no reason to double that first 't' in his name; it's only the tsu part that has a doubled consonant.
CODii wrote:I'm confused. Doesn't Freeza mention in passing his father AND mother during the fight on Namek?
Not exactly:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Senzu_Bean is right, the term used in Japanese could mean either parent or parents. Although, one has to wonder why he didn't just say father (or "Papa," as he says), if he was only talking about Cold...
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Herms wrote:
Not to pick on you, but there seems to be some confusion lately as to how to spell the name of God/Piccolo's parent. In Japanese it's カタッツ/Katattsu, a pun on katatsumuri, meaning snail. So you could leave that as-is and call the character "Katattsu", or adapt it a bit and call him "Katatz" (similar to how Radittsu becomes "Raditz"), but there's no reason to double that first 't' in his name; it's only the tsu part that has a doubled consonant.
I'm glad you said something actually. I have to stop and think of how to spell it every single time. In fact, I think I might spell it differently every time I use it...
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Herms wrote:
CODii wrote:I'm confused. Doesn't Freeza mention in passing his father AND mother during the fight on Namek?
Not exactly:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Senzu_Bean is right, the term used in Japanese could mean either parent or parents. Although, one has to wonder why he didn't just say father (or "Papa," as he says), if he was only talking about Cold...
Do you guys think that Freeza was born form an egg then? It would make sense seeing as he doesn't have an penis. Or maybe he is like a turtle, with it inside his body and it's waiting to come out?

Also I was thinking Cell's tail shot out his babies, but Namekians spit theirs out their mouth? Could tails be the way Freeza's (race?) give birth?
This takes me back early 97. I remember those days

http://daizex.db-destiny.net/Daizenshuu_EX_-_Episode_0070.mp3

I remember watch Dragonball on UPN or was in fox back in 1987. It air 4:00am in the morning.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 pm

UMMX wrote:Do you guys think that Freeza was born form an egg then? It would make sense seeing as he doesn't have an penis. Or maybe he is like a turtle, with it inside his body and it's waiting to come out?

Also I was thinking Cell's tail shot out his babies, but Namekians spit theirs out their mouth? Could tails be the way Freeza's (race?) give birth?
Please work on improving your spelling and grammar. I have fixed several of your posts within the last half-hour and I can't keep doing it forever.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Kaboom wrote:
UMMX wrote:Do you guys think that Freeza was born form an egg then? It would make sense seeing as he doesn't have an penis. Or maybe he is like a turtle, with it inside his body and it's waiting to come out?

Please work on improving your spelling and grammar. I have fixed several of your posts within the last half-hour and I can't keep doing it forever.
You still didn't answer the question. Also it was good enough to be understood by the hearts of the people, so relax. Go have yourself a beer.

I remember watch Dragonball on UPN or was in fox back in 1987. It air 4:00am in the morning.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:40 pm

UMMX wrote:You still didn't answer the question. Also it was good enough to be understood by the hearts of the people, so relax. Go have yourself a beer.
I'm not interested in your question. I'm interested in doing my job as a moderator, which includes telling you to improve your spelling and grammar. So please do it.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Kaboom wrote:
UMMX wrote:You still didn't answer the question. Also it was good enough to be understood by the hearts of the people, so relax. Go have yourself a beer.
I'm not interested in your question. I'm interested in doing my job as a moderator, which includes telling you to improve your spelling and grammar. So please do it.
I'll try, but I can keep no promises, that's all I have to give to you.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Why do you say Freeza doesn't has a penis? Since he is half lizard it should stay inside of his body, however I think it probably is just not draw the same way Puar or any other aninal also don't have anything exposed...

And there is no way Freeza would have birth from his tail, his tail is clearly not like that...

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:50 pm

I think it's noted in Daizneshuu 7 that it's implied to be something derived from Piccolo. Here's Herms' translation.
Herms wrote:Birthing Cell Juniors
First Appearance: Chapter 406
Category: ability
People: Cell
Special Characteristics: This is a technique where Cell, after reaching his perfect form, creates children with the same abilities as him from out of his tail that he has to absorb life energy. Cell can freely control the number of children created. Each of the children then has roughly the same amount of power and speed as Cell. This special ability could be said to be a developed version the Namekian Piccolo’s ability to create offspring.
I'd be willing to bet that it's probably related to Namekians, as opposed to Freeza's race. The gene splicing it took to make Cell might have just screwed up how exactly it happens.