Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
-
MetalMadness
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:06 pm
Post
by MetalMadness » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 am
xzero wrote:I'm working on editing the audio of Return of Cooler to include the Faulconer score, but I'm running into a problem of being unable to satisfactorily remove the Kikuchi score from the background. I'm trying to reverse-phase it with other audio tracks, but I can't seem to get rid of it to isolate the voices and SFX. Any suggestions?
What is your method of ripping the audio? Is it the same as mine? You need to make sure to split the audio into 6 channels in order to isolate the voices.
Maybe the audio on Cooler Returns is set up differently, it's possible that some of the BGM could have been mixed into the center. Let me try to see if I can isolate the voices on mine, if I can then it means your audio might have been ripped incorrectly.
-
xzero
- Regular
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:18 am
Post
by xzero » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:28 pm
MetalMadness wrote:xzero wrote:I'm working on editing the audio of Return of Cooler to include the Faulconer score, but I'm running into a problem of being unable to satisfactorily remove the Kikuchi score from the background. I'm trying to reverse-phase it with other audio tracks, but I can't seem to get rid of it to isolate the voices and SFX. Any suggestions?
What is your method of ripping the audio? Is it the same as mine? You need to make sure to split the audio into 6 channels in order to isolate the voices.
Maybe the audio on Cooler Returns is set up differently, it's possible that some of the BGM could have been mixed into the center. Let me try to see if I can isolate the voices on mine, if I can then it means your audio might have been ripped incorrectly.
When I ripped the audio, the center channel is voices and BGM. The left and right panned channels also have voices and some BGM. I think the remaining 3 have SFX and some quiter BGM parts to them. The biggest problem is that center channel.
-
MetalMadness
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:06 pm
Post
by MetalMadness » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:22 am
xzero wrote:MetalMadness wrote:xzero wrote:I'm working on editing the audio of Return of Cooler to include the Faulconer score, but I'm running into a problem of being unable to satisfactorily remove the Kikuchi score from the background. I'm trying to reverse-phase it with other audio tracks, but I can't seem to get rid of it to isolate the voices and SFX. Any suggestions?
What is your method of ripping the audio? Is it the same as mine? You need to make sure to split the audio into 6 channels in order to isolate the voices.
Maybe the audio on Cooler Returns is set up differently, it's possible that some of the BGM could have been mixed into the center. Let me try to see if I can isolate the voices on mine, if I can then it means your audio might have been ripped incorrectly.
When I ripped the audio, the center channel is voices and BGM. The left and right panned channels also have voices and some BGM. I think the remaining 3 have SFX and some quiter BGM parts to them. The biggest problem is that center channel.
Ok, I just tried ripping the audio and you are right, unfortunately that is how FUNi set up the audio, there's nothing we can do about it to isolate the voices because the BGM is mixed in with them.