Obscure DB rumours

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eire
Advanced Regular

Re: Obscure DB rumours

Post by Eire » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:38 am

Puto wrote:
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:the guy just doesn't get romance.
I wonder if pure Saiyans are even capable of falling in love.
The definition of love even in our culture evolved through the time- for example in middle ages it was told that true love between husband and wife can destroy good marriage. That was a theory, but real life was much more complicated. :D Marriage exists in every human culture, but it has lots of different forms- for short time, for lifetime, polygamy, "regular" harems Chinese model (wife and concubines if you could afford for them) or from Ottoman's imperial court (concubines had different ranks, the wife was the highest), made by matchmaker, or contract between families and many other.
For me Sayians could have a "proper model" of mating, but like everywhere there were ones who suited that better or worse.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 am

I'm not talking about the Saiyan culture, which Gokû wouldn't know about anyway. I mean, I wonder if pure Saiyans are even capable of feeling the emotion that we humans call (romantic) love. Though I doubt Toriyama thought it through that much :P
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Keamy

Post by Keamy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Haha I remember years ago on dA someone was tot-a-lly convinced that Bardock's 'wife' was named Valerie.
Don't recall where they said they 'read' or heard it from but it still made me LOL.
Late last night and the night before
Tommyknockers, Tommyknockers,
knocking at the door.
I want to go out, don't know if I can,
'cause I'm so afraid
of the Tommyknocker man.
My name is Zep, as in Hindle. If you call me Keamy instead, it's Kay-mee, not Kee-mee, there is a difference. And dammit Serp, my name is not spelled "Kreamy".

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:48 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:About the Goku X Bulma thing... :mrgreen:

NOW GOKU IS A MAN!
Lol, I didn't suspect that ending at all. :P

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:52 am

Puto wrote:I'm not talking about the Saiyan culture, which Gokû wouldn't know about anyway. I mean, I wonder if pure Saiyans are even capable of feeling the emotion that we humans call (romantic) love. Though I doubt Toriyama thought it through that much :P
Well it's likely so, that at least Goku does. Vegeta probably does, but...Yeah he's a complicated case.
Also I think he knew what he was doing romance wise, to an extent. He does have a wife after all.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:51 am

Puto wrote:I'm not talking about the Saiyan culture, which Gokû wouldn't know about anyway. I mean, I wonder if pure Saiyans are even capable of feeling the emotion that we humans call (romantic) love. Though I doubt Toriyama thought it through that much :P
I think Saiyans do feel love in general. Bardock and Vegeta both felt something for their sons, and in terms of romantic love, I also think Vegeta felt something romantically for Bulma after those 7 years (remember the Final Explosion?), and they even had another kid in those 10 years. Vegeta did get pretty pissed off when Goku was talking about letting the elder Kaiôshin have Bulma.
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:If no one else does, I might make an odd pairings thread later so we don't get off-topic anymore here. I think it's got discussion potential, especially since we have been getting off-topic with it in the first place.
No, don't worry, I'll do it. I was just thinking about it last night, and I think it does have potential.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:17 pm

I once met someone who was convinced that Vegeta's last name was "Baleto", which supposedly meant something like "great saiyan warrior".
XD
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:14 am

the_abberration wrote:I also once heard rumor/speculation of Mr. Satan being based off a real life martial artist, known as Count Dante.

Wow. You win the thread. :shock:

That's so awesome no matter if it's true or not. :lol:

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:22 am

The craziest bullshit rumour would be that they were gonna make a live action movie with white!high school!Goku, No!Krillin and a Kamehameha dump. That was crazy!

Wait....
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:The craziest bullshit rumour would be that they were gonna make a live action movie with white!high school!Goku, No!Krillin and a Kamehameha dump. That was crazy!

Wait....
What about the rumor that Goku is Asian?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:The craziest bullshit rumour would be that they were gonna make a live action movie with white!high school!Goku
Not this again... :roll:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:The craziest bullshit rumour would be that they were gonna make a live action movie with white!high school!Goku, No!Krillin and a Kamehameha dump. That was crazy!

Wait....
No no no no no... The craziest bullshit rumor would be a faithful to the original Dragon Ball Movie directed by either: James Cameron, Peter Jackson or Michael Bay!!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

dr_raichi

Post by dr_raichi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

There is a false rumour about DBZ 2V.
Most of people trust that the number of the copy is 1,000 ex.
We can find this affirmation on wiki : http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_2_V
But the originally V Jump Magazine published the number as 2,000 ex
That's all thanks for attention. :wink:

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Mr Satan's first name is actually Mark. :lol:

.....wait, really? :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Mr Satan's first name is actually Mark. :lol:

.....wait, really? :P
It's not his first name, it's his real name. According to Toriyama, he and Videl live in a region where people don't have family names. So his entire real name is "Mark" and his ring name is "Mister Satan".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh yeah, of course....
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:"Janemba was the one who trapped Kaiôshin in the Z-Sword"
Never heard that one.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am

I remember back when I was like 7 I was reading a DBZ Becklett magazine, I saw a picture of a SSJ4 Goku toy and wondering who it was (this was sometime before DBGT came to America), my older brother happened to be next to me and told me that was Goku's brother.

I don't know where they even get the idea...
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:Not the above plan..... Kakarotto's father is truly Goku's father, Bardock.
Oh SilverPlaqueVII, you're so random and nonsensical its not even funny.
Last edited by Son Geeko on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 am

I remember back when I was like 7 I was reading a DBZ Becklett magazine, I saw a picture of a SSJ4 Gogeta toy and wondering who it was (this was sometime before DBGT came to America), my older brother happened to be next to me and told me that was Goku's brother.

I don't know where they even get the idea...
A very similar thing happened to me... when I first started watching, I didn't know who anyone was. My sister claimed that Vegeta was Goku's other son, and his name was Goken.

She was only like seven or eight at the time, so I doubt she knew it was a load of poop.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:40 am

Eire wrote:
Puto wrote:
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:the guy just doesn't get romance.
I wonder if pure Saiyans are even capable of falling in love.
The definition of love even in our culture evolved through the time- for example in middle ages it was told that true love between husband and wife can destroy good marriage. That was a theory, but real life was much more complicated. :D Marriage exists in every human culture, but it has lots of different forms- for short time, for lifetime, polygamy, "regular" harems Chinese model (wife and concubines if you could afford for them) or from Ottoman's imperial court (concubines had different ranks, the wife was the highest), made by matchmaker, or contract between families and many other.
For me Sayians could have a "proper model" of mating, but like everywhere there were ones who suited that better or worse.
I think, they are simply falling in f**k literally. I think their culture is not different from Gorrilas or chimpanzees if you really wanna have some real life model. They are also agrresive quite like chimps, so there you go :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88