もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by Cipher » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm

So, I'm convinced Broly, or more specifically videos centered around "What if Broly were (something or other)?" are some sort of strange Japanese meme.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... 83%BC&aq=f

I mean, one person can't be making all of these, right? Right?

Oh, and here's a whole playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LKcujpf ... 8843F566CE

Clearly, Broly is something hilarious to Japanese people that just doesn't come across stateside?
Last edited by Cipher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
StarRot
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: もしもブロリーが何々

Post by StarRot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm

I wonder about this myself. There's hundreds of parody art of him on pixiv too.

User avatar
TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: もしもブロリーが何々

Post by TonyTheTiger » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Some of those are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF_FB2qIGE

:lol:

User avatar
StarRot
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: もしもブロリーが何々

Post by StarRot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:38 pm

^ Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ5xOFEcalA

Lyrics:
I realized just how much I liked it when we saw eye to eye …
“How are you feeling right now?”
I understand we can’t be together again but
If only for a bit longer…don’t avert your eyes from me …

Oh, okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTF-m1O ... re=related

Huh.

User avatar
Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: もしもブロリーが何々

Post by Ahiru77 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Some of those are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF_FB2qIGE

:lol:
Soccah Broly!!!!

Well, now I know a bit more about him.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by Cipher » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 pm

This is my favorite one. It's actually quite funny if you can understand the dialogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtAIbpVW ... re=related

I keep finding more and more of them. I'm guessing Broly is the Japanese equivalent of "Over 9,000!." Could this be why he keeps showing up in games? Is it not because he's bad-ass and popular, but actually because he's a huge Japanese in-joke?

User avatar
The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 3456
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: もしもブロリーが何々

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:Some of those are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF_FB2qIGE

:lol:
I hate Football and I hate Broli but I looooove this.

I posted some strange Japanese Broli videos a long while ago but they were removed from YouTube and I don't remember my Nico Video details...

Pixiv is indeed a goldmine to all kinds of Broli bullshit. I should look into saving some more.

User avatar
SonEric84
Banned
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm

Re: もしもブロリーが何々

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 pm

StarRot wrote:^ Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ5xOFEcalA

Lyrics:
I realized just how much I liked it when we saw eye to eye …
“How are you feeling right now?”
I understand we can’t be together again but
If only for a bit longer…don’t avert your eyes from me …

That is creepy and hilarious.
Trans rights, now!

User avatar
Zephyr
I Live Here
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by Zephyr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubMyxNAS1s

Kind of long, but hilarious if you've played Pokemon before.


User avatar
BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Cipher wrote:This is my favorite one. It's actually quite funny if you can understand the dialogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtAIbpVW ... re=related

I keep finding more and more of them. I'm guessing Broly is the Japanese equivalent of "Over 9,000!." Could this be why he keeps showing up in games? Is it not because he's bad-ass and popular, but actually because he's a huge Japanese in-joke?
Which would explain everything

Also, Broly McDonald, why does this make so much sense?
Zephyr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubMyxNAS1s

Kind of long, but hilarious if you've played Pokemon before.
So Broly's Gengar now? Woot!
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

KiddoCabbusses
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:18 am

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by KiddoCabbusses » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:50 am

Zephyr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubMyxNAS1s

Kind of long, but hilarious if you've played Pokemon before.
This is probably a dumb question, but why random Spanish subs in that segment where Vegeta is counting?

Although I'm guessing it's simply an issue of "find the first thing available" in this instance.

User avatar
Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by Maphisto86 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:07 am

Zephyr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubMyxNAS1s

Kind of long, but hilarious if you've played Pokemon before.
That one edit with Super Roshi firing the Kamehameha at Broli only to wipe out a certain prince cracked me up. It actually reminded me that you can beat the crap out of Broli just like this in Sparking! Meteor 8) .

User avatar
djkalteraphine
Regular
Posts: 746
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Contact:

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by djkalteraphine » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 am

Zephyr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DubMyxNAS1s

Kind of long, but hilarious if you've played Pokemon before.
This is awesome.

User avatar
Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Ohio

Re: もしもブロリーが何々だったら

Post by Budogenkai » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Broly has a sick slide-tackle.

Also, Japan u crazy!

There was this one animation of dragonball z characters but the animation was so weird, like it had a rapping Vegeta or whatever, anyone know what I'm talking about?
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Post Reply