Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

XxVidel-MrSatanxX

Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Post by XxVidel-MrSatanxX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 am

Hi guys, I'm new here! ^^

Now that I have that out of the way, let's get down to business. We know that Mr. Satan is the strongest man in the world who rather than using ki to amplify his own power (read: cheat), relies on his own technique and abilities to overcome his opponents.

On the other hand now, we have Videl who aside from learning from Gohan how to fly, uses similar techniques to Mr. Satan as far as relying on her own wit and physical abilities. Plus she's pretty good looking. :wink:

Naturally, it stands to reason that Videl and Mr. Satan are meant to be with one another. Has anyone else ever noticed how incredibly similar they are? I really do believe that Toriyaka designed these two characters with each other in mind, but given the fact that he originally wanted Gohan to be the lead when making the Buu saga, decided to give him Videl as compensation for letting Goku and Mr. Satan be the heroes of the Buu arc.

Really, my point is that since we've gotten an original OVA that elaborated more on Vegeta's backstory and even a rehash of an old game guide, why not have an OVA that expands into a "What If" scenario where Mr. Satan and Videl meet for the first time and gradually fall in love? This would be in much the same vein as the Clannad special which featured Tomoya and Kyou as a hypothetical couple.

What does everyone else think? Are there other fans of this pairing on the board? :D

(Yes, I do realize that the two characters hardly ever interact in the actual canon, but their personalities compliment each other so well for some reason. I also remember a line about Mr. Satan knowing Videl's mother.)
<3Videl<3

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Re: Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Post by violadude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:49 am

ummmm Mr. Satan is Videl's father, so that would be rather awkward. :shock:

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:28 am

Didn't Gohan say that Videl was stronger than Mr. Satan (before he taught her anything).

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:53 am

Gohan said she 'might' be stronger/better/whatever.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:54 am

XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:(Yes, I do realize that the two characters hardly ever interact in the actual canon, but their personalities compliment each other so well for some reason. I also remember a line about Mr. Satan knowing Videl's mother.)
Mr. Satan knows Videl's mother because he's Videl's father.
I think you don't really know much about their relationship...

XxVidel-MrSatanxX

Post by XxVidel-MrSatanxX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:20 am

Oh, wow! Mr. Satan is really Videl's father?! It's been a while since I've read or watched the Buu saga. When is this stated?? Ugh, I'll have to change my signature and avatar and maybe even my name if this is true. :oops: :oops:

On that note, if they are related, do you guys think it'd be possible that Mr. Satan could gather the Dragon Balls and wish for Videl to not be related to him?
<3Videl<3

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 am

On that note, if they are related, do you guys think it'd be possible that Mr. Satan could gather the Dragon Balls and wish for Videl to not be related to him?
Whoa.... odd thread!

I think it would be hard to say a man is deserving of a girl if he would do something so depraved and horrific. :lol:
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

XxVidel-MrSatanxX

Post by XxVidel-MrSatanxX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:40 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Whoa.... odd thread!

I think it would be hard to say a man is deserving of a girl if he would do something so depraved and horrific. :lol:
That may be the case, but you know, it wouldn't be the first time this has happened in anime. There are the Aizen siblings in Shakugan no Shana or the entire romantic plot of Kaze no Stigma. If Videl and Mr. Satan are blood related, I think that wishing for Shenlong to remove such a (hypothetical :evil:) blood relation would be a step above the two examples I named.
<3Videl<3

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 am

As odd a question as it is to begin with, I doubt that Shenlong could make Videl unrelated to Mr. Satan since he couldn't even return 17 and 18 back to being normal humans. All that would have required was taking out some mechanical stuff and potentially returning some organs, you're wanting Shenlong to completely change half of Videl's DNA.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:07 am

And even if he changed Videl's DNA, she would still know Mr. Satan as her father and vice-versa.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 am

Dear Kami-sama, first that scary thread about Kaioshin on Neoseeker earlier this week now this. :shock:
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 am

rereboy wrote:And even if he changed Videl's DNA, she would still know Mr. Satan as her father and vice-versa.
Yeah, it's not like it's less disturbing.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 am

Ya, even if they weren't related Videl is still in Highschool and Mr. Satan looks like he's in his 40's or something.

However, to put a positive spin on this thread, the fact that someone who didn't know Videl and Satan were related but still sensed some sense of "belonging to each other" about them shows how talented Toriyama is at writing characters. :D

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 am

Lord of the Rings... good movie, but it would be better without this pathetic hair-foot dwarfs and all that Ring stuff.

Sorry, I couldn't stand. :lol:

As a doctor I must say that changing DNA would be too disturbing- it would turn Videl into completely different person. The rate of gene's influence on our personality is still unknown, but it can't be denied. Besides, only 1% of DNA make difference between us and chimpanzees. One tiny mutation can destroy life and health forever. Still wanna try?

Second: No matter what hentai makers say, sexual relations involving foster parents or "siblings not connected by blood" by culture, law and most of the religions are considered as incest.

Which I personally find disgusting.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:Oh, wow! Mr. Satan is really Videl's father?! It's been a while since I've read or watched the Buu saga. When is this stated??
In the very first chapter/episode of the Boo story arc.
Really, my point is that since we've gotten an original OVA that elaborated more on Vegeta's backstory
What are you talking about?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 am

I think he or she is talking about that short story thing about Vegeta that came out along with the one about Piccolo and Trunks.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am

Really, my point is that since we've gotten an original OVA that elaborated more on Vegeta's backstory
What are you talking about?
My translation:
Since we have gotten Anniversary Special that introduced new being out of the nowhere that forced lots of fans to make huge facepalm and made no sense besides being pathetic attempt to have comic relief
or
Since we have gotten Plan to Eradicate Sayians that as a back story makes no sense besides making more mess in already messed Saiyan history
PS. Videl is hot? Such a clothes and hair I was wearing when I was checking if my boyfriend really appreciate my intellect more than my charm and elegance. It was the worst afternoon ever.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 am

@Eire: Ah, OK. The recent Jump special wasn't really an "OVA" though, since it debuted in theaters (though in only an extremely select few) and was then officially streamed on the internet before getting a DVD release.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:59 am

As you can see I'm not really sure what is meant- but I'd vote for this. You think that no-nerds pay attention to such a details?

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:00 am

Haha, this thread is hilarious! This guy obviously only read/watched DB/Z in bits and pieces. Anyone would know the two are father and daughter.