Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Post by Herms » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm

TobyS wrote:I always assumed this meant his real name was Mark Satan.
Toriyama specifies in the SEG that his entire name is "just Mark", because they don't have surnames in the region where he and Videl live (which is why Videl's name is also simply Videl, Toriyama says).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

XxVidel-MrSatanxX

Post by XxVidel-MrSatanxX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Eire wrote:You know, that detail is quite important... maybe it's not the level of missing "No. I'm your father", but it's still pretty.
Anyway, nobody wants to eat you alive. You repeated mistake made by thousands of fans, but now you know that you must do a little research before login. In 3 weeks nobody will remember that thread.

Why didn't you just buy/borrow manga, but relayed on "Chinese whisper" translation? I didn't have a choice when it came to DBZ movies, but wasn't manga in USA was available printed or scanlated back then?

Ps. And no, Anniversary movie didn't explain me anything.
I was only in middle school back in 2000, which is when I was exposed to the manga. I don't think I could tell the Vietnamese kids to come back with a different language. :lol:

All I meant about the anniversary special is that it elaborates on Vegeta's backstory by showing he has a little brother and that Toei could make another ova expanding on a relationship that has been completely shattered for me. :?
<3Videl<3

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, back then I was in primary school and when I was interested in something I used to go to book store or order something personally.

And what "relationship" are you talking about? Hello Kitty fetishist was kicked out as a baby that was probably the wisest decision of his father. Vegeta surely cared much about keeping that piece of crap away.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

XxVidel-MrSatanxX

Post by XxVidel-MrSatanxX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Eire wrote:Well, back then I was in primary school and when I was interested in something I used to go to book store or order something personally.

And what "relationship" are you talking about? Hello Kitty fetishist was kicked out as a baby that was probably the wisest decision of his father. Vegeta surely cared much about keeping that piece of crap away.
I think there's some miscommunication goin' on between us right now. :lol:
In the US about 11 years ago, you couldn't just go to the book store and get all of Dragon Ball in manga form. I don't think we had anything past the beginning of Namek in the US manga and the dub shown on Cartoon Network always gave me a headache.

As for the relationship, I was talking about Videl and Mr. Satan before I knew they were father and daughter. x.x
Last edited by XxVidel-MrSatanxX on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3Videl<3

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Eire wrote:Well, back then I was in primary school and when I was interested in something I used to go to book store or order something personally.

I think she is talking about Videl and Mr.Satan

Man,you sure dont like Tarble,do you?

Edit:Damn I'm slow today <.<
-凯

JohnnyJoestar

Post by JohnnyJoestar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Mr Satan deserves the best of the best because he saved the world twice! True story..

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:36 pm

All I meant about the anniversary special is that it elaborates on Vegeta's backstory by showing he has a little brother and that Toei could make another ova expanding on a relationship that has been completely shattered for me. :?
Doesn't Videl actually refer to Mr. Satan as Dad in this "OVA"?

And why would there need to be an OVA to elaborate their relationship? Vegeta didn't have a brother before the 40th Jump special, Videl has always been Mr. Satan's daughter.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Wait, what are you guys trying to figure out? All she's saying is that she would have liked a backstory on Videl and her relationship with Mr. Satan just as there was some backstory on Vegeta and his relationship with Tarble in the anniversary special....it's pretty straight forward.

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:55 pm

XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:Oh, wow! Mr. Satan is really Videl's father?! It's been a while since I've read or watched the Buu saga. When is this stated?? Ugh, I'll have to change my signature and avatar and maybe even my name if this is true. :oops: :oops:

On that note, if they are related, do you guys think it'd be possible that Mr. Satan could gather the Dragon Balls and wish for Videl to not be related to him?

No, cause that would just be incest in the brain anyway.

oh my god... how could you not have known this? It's one of the first things you learn in Buu saga! xD
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:56 pm

violadude wrote:Wait, what are you guys trying to figure out? All she's saying is that she would have liked a backstory on Videl and her relationship with Mr. Satan just as there was some backstory on Vegeta and his relationship with Tarble in the anniversary special....it's pretty straight forward.

No, he wanted a love relationship on them. He didn't know they were related.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 pm

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=13797

I find this thread fitting for the original poster. :P
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm

XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:We know that Mr. Satan is the strongest man in the world who rather than using ki to amplify his own power (read: cheat)
That strikes me as like saying it's cheating to use your arms in a fight. Or to use knowledge of martial arts.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Chibi Gohan wrote:http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=13797

I find this thread fitting for the original poster. :P
I'll say. :mrgreen:
violadude wrote:However, to put a positive spin on this thread, the fact that someone who didn't know Videl and Satan were related but still sensed some sense of "belonging to each other" about them shows how talented Toriyama is at writing characters. :D
Totally. They don't even look alike.....nope it's all in the writing.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:While I, too, find it almost impossible to believe that anyone with even the most cursory knowledge of the characters Mr. Satan and Videl would not know they are father/daughter, I do think it's only fair to not start tossing the "troll" card out so early. That's not particularly friendly or welcoming. You'd be surprised at the things I've read in my 13 years of running a website that people genuinely believe from the bottom of their hearts and are either surprised to find out are wrong, or continue to hold onto despite all the evidence and opinions to the contrary.
HA! I was just going to call him a troll. Tell us a few of the most bizarre things you've come across here.

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 pm

TobyS wrote:Clearly Trolling.

That picture is a clipped hentai pic.

Probably got it from Paheal.
You seem to know your hentai pretty well.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Best thread yet? Possibly, possibly.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Rocketman wrote:Best thread yet? Possibly, possibly.
Most definably! I think it's one hell of an entrance to this forum! :lol:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Sooo.... does this weird incest universe include anything about Mr. Satan trading up for the new model?

Kidding. Gross.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Double post? But how?
Last edited by Kendamu on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Well, they do have the same voice...!!

God, this is sick.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️