"DragonBall Facts" Series

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
Gozar
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:18 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

"DragonBall Facts" Series

Post by Gozar » Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

I just wanted your opinions on this new YouTube series that I'm starting up. It's a series that will talk about not so well known facts in DragonBall to the watchers of the Videos.

Now keep in mind that the things that will be discussed will be nothing new to the members of this Forum. It's more aimed towards the casual fan and I think we all know that 90% of the users here are anything but casual.

But none the less I'd like to know what you guys think...Click Here

User avatar
Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: "DragonBall Facts" Series

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon May 02, 2011 12:26 am

Sounds interesting. Would it be on the same channel?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

User avatar
Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus
Posts: 10550
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Jupiter
Contact:

Re: "DragonBall Facts" Series

Post by Herms » Mon May 02, 2011 12:37 am

You probably ought not to have phrased it as "Mark is Mister Satan's true first name", since it's his true full name. Toriyama specifically notes that "Mister Satan" is a ring name and the character's true name is "just Mark", because he and Videl live in a region where people don't have family names. So his true name is simply "Mark" and he goes by "Mister Satan"; he's explicitly not named "Mark Satan".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

User avatar
Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: "DragonBall Facts" Series

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 am

Personally, I don't enjoy the concept of this.
One of the things I like about this forum is I learn things I didn't know, and they aren't well known things, and it's good to know something others don't.

By doing this, you're thrusting it out there.

If people wanted to know that badly, they'd come here.
I think people who subscribe to you are more looking for humorous fan-dubs, rather than facts.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Post Reply