Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
-
StarRot
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
-
Contact:
Post
by StarRot » Fri May 27, 2011 3:35 pm
Last edited by
StarRot on Fri May 27, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
Sun-Wukong
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 466
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm
Post
by Sun-Wukong » Fri May 27, 2011 4:16 pm
He also did this awesome piece of commission art.
Yeah, that comic is fantastic; I can't wait to see what happens next.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.
I can't believe this is on-topic.
-
Rocketman
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10799
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm
Post
by Rocketman » Fri May 27, 2011 7:01 pm
I love it when fanmangas use a different art style. Also like the five o' clock shadows on Goku and Vegeta.
-
StarRot
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
-
Contact:
Post
by StarRot » Sat May 28, 2011 2:56 pm
Rocketman wrote:I love it when fanmangas use a different art style.
Totally agreed.
Makes for a nice change of pace. I'm bored of Toriyama clones.
-
StarRot
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
-
Contact:
Post
by StarRot » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 pm
Page 18.

-
Akumaito Beam
- Regular
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 pm
Post
by Akumaito Beam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm
Wow this is really good, I kinda want the entire story in this art style. I love the attention to detail like Vegeta glancing at Goku exasperatedly at his super line. We're getting a lot of really solid fan mangas recently for reasons I'm not quite sure of.
-
StarRot
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
-
Contact:
Post
by StarRot » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:20 pm
It would be quite cool if the artist did his own take on some of the sagas, re-drawing and re-telling them.
He's a talented writer as well as artist.
-
batistabus
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 2108
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
- Location: DBS:SH
Post
by batistabus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:18 pm
Damn...awesome art style going on here. I Definitely want to keep up with this one.
-
Maphisto86
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 1007
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada.
Post
by Maphisto86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:01 am
I always thought a plotline resembling this would be a cool Fan Fiction idea (Vegeta stealing Trunk's time machine to alter history or somesuch). Carlos' comic is a real fun read and he captures the essence of the characters well with his artform I think. Not to mention I never pictured Son Goku with some facial scruff.

That alone is worth it!

I wonder where this is heading and how or why Goku and Vegeta decided to alter the past. Or is that create an alternate timeline? Sci-fi temporal paradoxes are so hard to figure out.

-
BlazingFiddlesticks
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2103
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm
Post
by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:37 pm
It's like.... Emperor's New Groove DBZ. Seriously, that Goku has a very recent Disney look about him.
So darn original I really can't complain!
Time paradox indeed. Looks like Appule or someone like him is actually getting to hit something.
JulieYBM wrote:Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like
Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:Metalwario64 wrote:BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada