The UK Dragon Ball Z movies

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sho™
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sho™ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:08 pm

Magnaboss wrote:
Sho™ wrote:My God... The technique names are beyond belief. Magic Needle for Makankosappô? It really makes the show extremely childlike.
What, more than it already is? :roll:
Heh. The uncut version is comparable to this? I think not! I'm sure Akira Toriyama-sama would be shocked at the British accents, not to mention the technique names. I just can't imagine Piccolo talking with a similar voice/accent to Alan Rickman. :P
[i]"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time..."[/i]
[| [url=http://rpg.naget.com]Ganadu'r - The Eternal Saga[/url] |]

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:58 pm

(Goku prepares the Genki-Dama)
Goku: Oh sun, source of all life and energy, give me greater strength...! Kame-yame-ya!

(Tulluce telling Gohan about being a "Super Warrior")
Tulluce: You know what this is? It's a ball of fire! *Hurls "ball of fire"* Halt! Explode!

Goku: Don't look at the fireball!

(At the end of Moive #2)
Kamesennin: I'm going to miss that Dr. Wheelo, he did say I was the strongest man in the world afterall...

(During Slug's transformation)
Kaiosama: Yes! Slug is just like that of Big Green; originating from the unhappy planet Nemak, only he's a Super Nemak!

Goku: A Super Nemak?

(Gohan meets Tulluce)
Gohan: Huh? You look like my dad.

Tulluce: Yes, almost.[/b]
:lol: Oh my god! This sounds worse than the Ocean Dub. LOL! I swear, I'll probably die of laughter! Big Green? What the hell are they smoking?

I'd like some though...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:40 pm

I'd dare say Akira Toriyama doesn't actually care. It's still a kids show, so whatever?

Also, those lines sound well.. corny as shit. WONDERFUL! It'salmost giving me TF:headmasters nostalgia!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:47 am

So I got my UK DVD's today. Yup there pretty bad, but I wasn't expecting great dubbing. Its really really off with the voices and the acting. Whenever anyone grunts it sounds like Grover from Sesame Street. Krillin sounds like he's younger then Gohan, Goku sounds like Mr.Satan and when ever they scream its really funny cause its just so bad.

Anyone want sound clips just ask I don't know how to post them into HTML. Come on, you don't wanna miss the funny sounds Krillin makes when he misses with his attack. :wink:

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:13 pm

I didn't like the UK movie dubs, I hate Goku's voice completely, it sounds like He-man or something, Gohan is acceptable, but I hate hearing Piccolo being called Big Green, I couldn't believe my ears, it wasn't even like watching DBZ, they actually didn't do that bad, what with keeping the original BGM and all, it was...decent, but too unlike the Funi dub(which I'm used to) to enjoy. The Pioneer movies are so much better to watch.

And in the UK, we get the Ocean dub instead of Funi's dun, it has different voices and BGM too, the voices aren't the same as in the UK movies though, I don't know who does those ones.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:15 am

Okay, more dialogue.

The Strongest Guy in the World:
*Goku fights one of the yellow monsters*
Goku "He's fluffier than a marshmellow sandwhich"

*Goku extends the Nyo-Bo*
Goku "I want the magic stick!"

*Goku prepares to hurl a Genki-Dama at Dr. Wheelo*
Goku "This is your end"
Wheelo "Or your's perhaps!"

Super Battle in the World:
*Tullece watches as Oozaru-Gohan plays with his dragon*
Tullce "What am I, dreaming? Now the gorilla is as gentle as a lamb. Gohan! Leave that ridiculous creature and come with me!"
Goku "That's not a ridiculous creature, it's his best friend!"

*Fight talk*
Goku "When I look at you, I'm glad that I banged my head as baby, otherwise I would've become a monster like you! And I'm not letting you destroy the Earth, it's too great!"
Tullece "Catastrohpe; increasing super power!"

*The two Raisin aliens*
Raisin 1 "They are defeated."
Raisin 2 "Excellent."
Both "We are the Twilight Twins, we always win!"

Super Saiya Son Goku:
*Slug kills his men*
Slug "Retreating, and you call yourself soldiers?!"

*Slug observes the Dragon Radar*
Slug "Yes it's a special radar device for gathering all of the other Crystal Balls!"

*Yajirobe speaks to Goku*
Yajirobe "Anyway I brought you some Magic Beans"

*Slug holds the earless Piccolo while Gohan whistles*
Slug "That's why you pulled your antennas into your ears, you miserable traitor!"

The Burning Battles:
*Vegeta flies at Brolli*
Brolli "Splendid, another living sacrificed, I'm beginning to enjoy this!"

*Brolli goes insane*
Brolli: Kakarotto.... Kakarotto! Kakarotto! Ko! Ko! (goes on for a while)

I'll post more later, I need to go now.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:31 am

Does Tullece claim to be Goku's brother in the UK dub? He does in the Norwegian one. Multiple times.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:29 pm

Adamant wrote:Does Tullece claim to be Goku's brother in the UK dub? He does in the Norwegian one. Multiple times.
Sort of, but it is never revealed. They do imply that he is the evil double of Goku and what he would have been if he was evil, and Tullece says "no, thanks to my idiot brother". It's unlikely that he's mentioning Bardock (Bridge happened to change some things about Bardock, such as completely rubbing Raditz out of the picture so Goku "is the one and true son of Bardock") but as they are mentioning the Earth's condition, it's likely that he knew of how Goku didn't destroy it and he also claims "we sent him down to Earth in a space capsule". With this scene of dialogue you can guess that Bridge was adding in some of their own material.

On another note, yes most of the voices are pretty crappy, but the guy who did Slug and Tullece is very good at producing a dark and evil tone.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]