Farewell

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo-San
Banned

Farewell

Post by Piccolo-San » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:43 pm

I've only been here for a day or so, but it has become apparent that I have overstayed my welcome. Forgive me, but as bizarre as this might sound, I was actually under the impression that this was a discussion board... Clearly, I was mistaken.

It certainly is a shame that Vegetto felt the need to lock the other thread. I had no idea he was such a dictator. You mention something he doesn't like, and bam - LOCKED. lol. Ah well.

If you need me, I'll be searching for a DBZ board where peeps are allowed to discuss controversial issues without fear of persecution. Farewell.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:44 pm

We really need a "goodbye" forum.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Farewell

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:50 pm

Piccolo-San wrote:I've only been here for a day or so, but it has become apparent that I have overstayed my welcome. Forgive me, but as bizarre as this might sound, I was actually under the impression that this was a discussion board... Clearly, I was mistaken.

It certainly is a shame that Vegetto felt the need to lock the other thread. I had no idea he was such a dictator. You mention something he doesn't like, and bam - LOCKED. lol. Ah well.

If you need me, I'll be searching for a DBZ board where peeps are allowed to discuss controversial issues without fear of persecution. Farewell.
There's a difference between "controversial issues" and "I'm both asking for and promoting illegal things on a forum where they aren't welcome, it's been made clear they're not welcome, I'm still asking for them anyway, people that make money off of the things I want to bootleg are reading what I'm saying"... etc., etc., etc.

This isn't your realm. This is my realm. I'm the one that runs things. Yes, I'm a dictator. This is my forum... it's not YOUR forum. If you want to make and maintain one that allows the discussion of how to obtain bootlegs, and get such an amazing, diverse, intelligent, and caring community as can be found on this board... I'd be behind you 100%. You're guaranteed to fail, though.

Wah-wah-wah, I'm not welcome here, wah-wah-wah, I want my bootlegs and no-one will help me, wah-wah-wah, let me do my best to make it seem like I'm the victim, wah-wah-wah.

No-one cares. You're just a typical, whining, irrelevant, and unwelcome twirp.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:53 pm

I've only been here for a day or so, but it has become apparent that I have overstayed my welcome. Forgive me, but as bizarre as this might sound, I was actually under the impression that this was a discussion board... Clearly, I was mistaken.

Gah, what a baby. Go ahead, buy your bootleg DVDs! See if any of us gives a shit if you get arrested or not.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:22 am

Eh, I'm kinda disappointed in the community myself as of late. Originally it seemed like 'hey, here's a place where people can intelligently discuss DragonBall without it degenerating into a pile of crap like GameFAQs or DBZOA', but now it seems more like 'VegettoEX is the webmaster and you may only discuss things he isn't tired of hearing about, despite their relevance or any new facts/opinions you may have uncovered'.

I'm not against Mike or anyone else, hell the guy and I have helped eachother on more than one occasion and I have no regrets about it, but I still wish the place was less 'Nah, I'm tired of hearing about this, so no one else can talk about it on my forum'. His place though, his call.

I might be around less as a result, but I'm not leaving 100% myself.

-Corey

P.S. - This has nothing to do with advocation of bootlegs or anything of that sort, it's just a general statement. I'm 100% against piracy myself, hence my owning the DragonBoxes and so forth.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:59 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Eh, I'm kinda disappointed in the community myself as of late. Originally it seemed like 'hey, here's a place where people can intelligently discuss DragonBall without it degenerating into a pile of crap like GameFAQs or DBZOA', but now it seems more like 'VegettoEX is the webmaster and you may only discuss things he isn't tired of hearing about, despite their relevance or any new facts/opinions you may have uncovered'.

I'm not against Mike or anyone else, hell the guy and I have helped eachother on more than one occasion and I have no regrets about it, but I still wish the place was less 'Nah, I'm tired of hearing about this, so no one else can talk about it on my forum'. His place though, his call.

-Corey

P.S. - This has nothing to do with advocation of bootlegs or anything of that sort, it's just a general statement. I'm 100% against piracy myself, hence my owning the DragonBoxes and so forth.
It's really mostly due to bootleg DVDs. I just have such a HUGE problem with that.

And let's be totally honest. It's not like I've never bootlegged anything in my life. To say so would just be totally gross.

At the same time, and in a somewhat different vein, it's quite obvious that the forum has been getting a lot more people lately. As such, I've had to do more moderation. Further as such, more of the "rules" and "persona" of both myself and the forum are coming out. It's not that they're new... they just haven't ever had to be expressed before, because the community here has been so closely-knit and just not in *need* of it.

If people honestly feel they're being "censored" on discussions that don't relate to illegalities and the promotion of such, I'd love to hear your thoughts and examples. Let's just not cite pointless versus and "power level" threads :P (some of which I've allowed, anyway).

In the end, though, I do fully stand by the fact that this is... really... "my" forum... and I get to say what goes on. I always say it, but it's true -- when I'm in someone else's domain, I fully abide by their rules and restrictions, even if I feel like I have something else to say about it. I respect the fact that they're the ones running everything and keeping it together, and that in-and-of-itself demands respect and admiration. I can only hope that other people see the same thing when they visit other forums (this one being one such possible example).

Not that I expect anyone to agree with or even *like* me, but I do expect you to follow the rules and act like every other community member.

Please note that "you" in the context of this post is generalized and plural.

As always, I genuinely thank 99.9999999% of the people on this board for being such an amazing group. You people exhibit the most astonishing level of intelligence, community, thoughtfulness, and so much more. It makes me really proud to still be a fan, and be among you.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:32 am

VegettoEX wrote:Scroll up, you lazy bastards.
Yeah, I'm not gonna try and act as though I'm never bootlegged anything, but buying something from someone and supporting their efforts to make money off illigitimate merchdise is different from Napster. Besides, in this case, I even looked at the auction and told the guy the DVD's would suck regardless since they were roughly 11 episodes per DVD. I mean, yikes.

As for the forum in general, I respect that it's Josh(who stole from me)'s server and your forum, but on the reverse of that I also acknowledge that no visitors = one sorry community. And don't get me wrong, I don't pretend that I'm a massive influence on the population of this site.

Power level threads? I can take or leave them. They get annoying, but I don't see the harm. Our debates about Japanese vs. US domestic releases? I kinda get ticked when they get killed. I mean, I'd think a more welcome compromise would be a sticky thread where we can discuss it (and delete uncivil messages as you see fit) which would eliminate multiple threads while allowing people who want to talk about it the ability to do so. Still, it's your forum, we simply populate it.

Just keep in mind...eventually you're gonna run out of topics no matter what. Series has been over for ten years, and the dub is gonna be over finally in another year or so, so everything *will* have been discussed sooner than later. And it's not like I'm asking for you to allow a 'Goku vs. Superman' thread ;p

-Corey

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:56 am

On the issue of bootlegs: I don't particularly care who has or who hasn't bootlegged this, that or the other thing; it's not something I'm going to judge a person over. However, further review the things Piccolo-San said leaves me in amazement that he wasn't banned sooner. I can't believe that there are still people in the fandom who are willing to publicly defend the alleged legality of bootlegging DBZ, much less that they find their way to this board . . . though even with that aside, his attitude probably could have been better.

Regarding DBZ, we have just about everything in a legal format these days anyway; FUNi or the Dragon Boxes, take your pick.
VegettoEX wrote:Not that I expect anyone to agree with or even *like* me, but I do expect you to follow the rules and act like every other community member.
Well, every good show has its price of admission. Speaking as part of the influx of new people mentioned above, I'm trying my best.

(Li'l Lemmy, the courteous guest.)
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Farewell

Post by Smooth Criminal » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:58 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Piccolo-San wrote:I've only been here for a day or so, but it has become apparent that I have overstayed my welcome. Forgive me, but as bizarre as this might sound, I was actually under the impression that this was a discussion board... Clearly, I was mistaken.

There's a difference between "controversial issues" and "I'm both asking for and promoting illegal things on a forum where they aren't welcome, it's been made clear they're not welcome, I'm still asking for them anyway, people that make money off of the things I want to bootleg are reading what I'm saying"... etc., etc., etc.

This isn't your realm. This is my realm. I'm the one that runs things. Yes, I'm a dictator. This is my forum... it's not YOUR forum. If you want to make and maintain one that allows the discussion of how to obtain bootlegs, and get such an amazing, diverse, intelligent, and caring community as can be found on this board... I'd be behind you 100%. You're guaranteed to fail, though.

Wah-wah-wah, I'm not welcome here, wah-wah-wah, I want my bootlegs and no-one will help me, wah-wah-wah, let me do my best to make it seem like I'm the victim, wah-wah-wah.

No-one cares. You're just a typical, whining, irrelevant, and unwelcome twirp.
Christ, a simple "kbye" would've sufficed...

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:27 am

Being the Chief Mod of the DB/Z/GT section of MFG n' all, I can say I like the way things are done around here in contrast to what I'm forced to put up with on a daily basis. I wish I could eliminate members like he does, but I'd get hell n' a half from my "Superior" if I did it.

Don't take for granted what you get here, because you won't find it anywhere else.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:19 am

Hey, guys:

Thanks for the feedback. One other thing I want to mention/point-out is that very few of the threads actually, physically LOCKED are ones out of disgust with a topic. I truly only lock things when attitudes there-in cycle well out of control and against the forum rules, or when the topic is just an honest mistake and a duplicate of something that was just created.

At least I hope so...!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:28 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Eh, I'm kinda disappointed in the community myself as of late. Originally it seemed like 'hey, here's a place where people can intelligently discuss DragonBall without it degenerating into a pile of crap like GameFAQs or DBZOA', but now it seems more like 'VegettoEX is the webmaster and you may only discuss things he isn't tired of hearing about, despite their relevance or any new facts/opinions you may have uncovered'.

-Corey

I agree. It's not that I don't have the utmost respect for Mike and his dedication, I do. And I'm quite new here and don't have the luxurey of experience a lot of the members have.

And I havn't been to many forums, but most I seen are full of trash (to put it mildly). The moderation here is the most dedicated I've ever seen. And I fully understand that this really is Mike's place, and we're just guests here.

But it seems like there are more than a few posts that are unneccessarily interupted, or closed, because "this isn't the place for that" or "we've been through this before". Mike probably doesn't mean to, but it always comes off as, well, mean. It seems like Mike just jumps on any thread he doesn't care to hear again. Just asking about PlanetNamek.com (after someone else mentioned it) in a thread got me a rather stern message that "This is not Planet Namek. This is not the Planet Namek forum. This is not a thread about Planet Namek." Am I not allowed to send such an incredibly pro-DaizEX message like 'everybody else is gone, but DaizEX is still going strong'?*

But I digress, Mike's not a bad moderator - and not just because I've seen worse - but because he does allow for most threads to run their course before closing them (that childish exchange between myself and lost in thought comes to mind :oops: ). And the fact that PiccoloSan wasn't banned long before he started this thread is a testament to the fact that Mike doesn't just want to weed out the infidels ut al least try to help them.

Finnaly, I just want to say how greatful I am to Mike and SaiyaJedi and everyone else who has contributed to such a great knowledge base and community.

*PS: I didn't try to rhyme that at all :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:53 am

desirecampbell wrote:Just asking about PlanetNamek.com (after someone else mentioned it) in a thread got me a rather stern message that "This is not Planet Namek. This is not the Planet Namek forum. This is not a thread about Planet Namek." Am I not allowed to send such an incredibly pro-DaizEX message like 'everybody else is gone, but DaizEX is still going strong'?*
You've been here long enough that I figured I didn't have to hold your hand and say, "Now, now... let's do our best and try to remember to keep threads on-topic as best we can! Thanks so much, you cutie!" :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:55 am

VegettoEX wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Just asking about PlanetNamek.com (after someone else mentioned it) in a thread got me a rather stern message that "This is not Planet Namek. This is not the Planet Namek forum. This is not a thread about Planet Namek." Am I not allowed to send such an incredibly pro-DaizEX message like 'everybody else is gone, but DaizEX is still going strong'?*
You've been here long enough that I figured I didn't have to hold your hand and say, "Now, now... let's do our best and try to remember to keep threads on-topic as best we can! Thanks so much, you cutie!" :P
I agreed with everybody up until that post. Now I think you're just a mean meany! :cry: :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:52 pm

He had to take such a cool name, too!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:08 pm

Kendamu wrote:He had to take such a cool name, too!
But it also lacked a lot of creativity. Atleast if you think up your own name, you're like really, really creative. :P

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:32 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
But I like being told I'm cute :cry:

:P

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:36 pm

People like to be dramatic. Whatever. Hasn't been the first; won't be the last.
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:46 pm

This is actually the first Dragonball message board I've ever posted on. VegettoEX and SaiyaJedi are great at everthing they do, and I support them 100%. This is a great board and I can actually post and not have to worry about trying to read someone's post in 1337. :lol:

These people who get banned sure are nutty. :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:02 pm

It's true that things here are a lot different than in other forums. Namely other DBZ forums. This is my first DBZ forum, and after searching around for other DBZ forums, they are certainly unlike this one. Sorry for using the term DBZ forums 3 times. :)

You can have a proper discussion about DBZ related issues here comfortably, in other forums you get idiots with text you can't even read, and not all forums have spelling and grammar rules, some just type neat, and some write in a sometimes un-readable manner. You just have to accept it. You get the feeling you can do what you want, like you're in a playground with no teacher. Here is like a playground with CCTV camera's put up everywhere. That's quite a good thing actually, it's nice to write neatly and correct and read other people's views the same way.

VegettoEX is a leader who doesn't really take shit from anyone, if you're here it's like you've entered he's house. If he spots a topic that isn't relevant it get's locked, sometimes without even the need to post a reply confirming the lock, just locked. It's good to have someone who knows what he's doing and doesn't care for petty excuses some users give. Like this guy Piccolo-San.

Rules are rules.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/