Just something amusing (Daizenshuu EX Dream)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Just something amusing (Daizenshuu EX Dream)

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Last night I dreamt that Mike, Julian, lost_in_thought and I were in my living room interviewing some guy (who was oddly American) who worked for an animation studio that worked on DBZ. I remember I wanted to ask him about Triangle Crap Guy, but hesistated just in case he was the Crapster himself (don't want to insult anybody, y'know...). In the end I also tried to refer myself so that I could work at Toei (my dream is to become a cartoonist).

Anyway, thought that might amuse you. Don't ask me why I'm having dreams of forum members... no doubt that came from listening to that Podcast.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:50 pm

That is disturbing Kenisu.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:52 pm

That is disturbing Kenisu.
:shock: I second that, lost in thought.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:00 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:Last night I dreamt that Mike, Julian, lost_in_thought and I were in my living room interviewing some guy (who was oddly American) who worked for an animation studio that worked on DBZ. I remember I wanted to ask him about Triangle Crap Guy, but hesistated just in case he was the Crapster himself (don't want to insult anybody, y'know...). In the end I also tried to refer myself so that I could work at Toei (my dream is to become a cartoonist).
Oddly enough, your dream is probably a lot closer to interviewing anyone involved with DBZ than any of us will ever get in real life.

For the interested: I can remember a dream where I found myself hanging out with chibi Trunks and Goten; however, we couldn't get past that damned language barrier. Goten tried his best to communicate through flash cards and sign language (and kept repeating this one phrase now and again that sounded like I'd heard it before), but Trunks felt free to simply ignore me and my English language and instead decided to converse with a number of Klingons who were also present. My ex-girlfriend appeared as if from nowhere and . . . despite the notable handicap of not knowing a lick of Japanese in real life . . . showed that she was suddenly fluent enough in the language to tell a joke that made Goten laugh, and at that point it started snowing indoors. Then for no reason, Goten turned Super Saiyan and intentionally crushed my foot.

Then I woke up. What the hell?

Assuming that the subject matter isn't so non-sensical that it gets locked, shall we christen this the thread for DBZ-related dreams?
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:09 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote:Last night I dreamt that Mike, Julian, lost_in_thought and I were in my living room interviewing some guy (who was oddly American) who worked for an animation studio that worked on DBZ. I remember I wanted to ask him about Triangle Crap Guy, but hesistated just in case he was the Crapster himself (don't want to insult anybody, y'know...). In the end I also tried to refer myself so that I could work at Toei (my dream is to become a cartoonist).
Oddly enough, your dream is probably a lot closer to interviewing anyone involved with DBZ than any of us will ever get in real life.

For the interested: I can remember a dream where I found myself hanging out with chibi Trunks and Goten; however, we couldn't get past that damned language barrier. Goten tried his best to communicate through flash cards and sign language (and kept repeating this one phrase now and again that sounded like I'd heard it before), but Trunks felt free to simply ignore me and my English language and instead decided to converse with a number of Klingons who were also present. My ex-girlfriend appeared as if from nowhere and . . . despite the notable handicap of not knowing a lick of Japanese in real life . . . showed that she was suddenly fluent enough in the language to tell a joke that made Goten laugh, and at that point it started snowing indoors. Then for no reason, Goten turned Super Saiyan and intentionally crushed my foot.

Assuming that the subject matter isn't so non-sensical that it gets locked, shall we christen this the thread for DBZ-related dreams?
I was going to say something - but I can't possibly top THAT.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:18 pm

:lol: I've had a lot of DBZ dreams. One of them involves my friends and I being in Gohan's class at school. We ended up going on a field trip to Nameksei to see Piccolo, but we were attacked by someone. Gohan and Piccolo died, but somehow we survived.

I'm actually going to make it into a fanfiction when I get the time. :)

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all you other Americans out there! :D
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:03 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:My ex-girlfriend appeared as if from nowhere and . . . despite the notable handicap of not knowing a lick of Japanese in real life . . . showed that she was suddenly fluent enough in the language to tell a joke that made Goten laugh,
But doesn't Goten, by his nature, laugh at almost anything? She could have been making words up.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:49 pm

lost in thought wrote:But doesn't Goten, by his nature, laugh at almost anything? She could have been making words up.
Very true, Justin. Goten laughs about as much as he eats, and perhaps spends more time doing both than he does actually talking. Since I don't know what Tracy was saying, it's possible that she was just spouting gibberish that sounded funny to him . . . hell, Goten's the sort who would probably have had a laugh attack even if my ex had just been making faces.

Or maybe . . . she really DID know Japanese, and was telling Goten it would be funny to see him crush my foot; dear god, it's all coming together! I've learned how to interpret the context of dreams! (Well, not really.)

(Li'l Lemmy, about to get carried away with his harmless fun.)

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:20 pm

You know you've been spending too much time on the Interweb when you dream about people you're aquainted with over a forum. :shock:

Heh, reminds me of this one time I was on vacation and I dreamt about posting here. :?

The very next day I went to the net cafe my uncle owns and, what do you know, posted here. :lol:
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:24 pm

I haven't had any Dragonball Z dreams, but my brother said he had one, no one from DBZ was in it, he dreamt he was a character, he couldn't recall who because it was himself and he was flying aroung my housing estate firing ki blasts at houses, he said he turned Super Saiyan and it felt proper real. I wish I dreamt that.

I can't dream about what I want, I get what I'm given, although yesterday I had a dream that I was floating over this car park and I was laughing for some reason...at these people below me enterning a car. The girl said to come down and laugh in her face but I was scared, she meant business. Well. That's it. :arrow: :wink:
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:13 pm

Oddly enough, I think that was the only DBZ-related dream I've ever had, was that one last night.
Oh no, wait! When I was still collecting the old 42 Jump Comics, I was reeeeally anxious to see the manga version of the scene of Goku going Super Saiyan on Namek. I'd constantly have dreams of going into an (American) bookstore and discovering the Japanese volume 27 there, along with the whole rest of the set.
Imagine my disappointment when I finally got this volume, and Goku just goes "SHOOM" and transforms. Toriyama's not very big on splendor, is he? :)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:33 am

Bejita wrote:I haven't had any Dragonball Z dreams, but my brother said he had one, no one from DBZ was in it, he dreamt he was a character, he couldn't recall who because it was himself and he was flying aroung my housing estate firing ki blasts at houses, he said he turned Super Saiyan and it felt proper real. I wish I dreamt that.
We all wish we dreamt that. Even if it were merely something fleeting within the confines of a dream, I think it'd be an awesome feeling to do the things we see on DBZ. Oh, for the chance to even so much as fly in real life . . .

You know, I was told a long time ago that sometimes the last thing you think about before the moment you lose consciousness is what you'll end up dreaming about when you're asleep. Think I'll give that one a try tonight!

(Li'l Lemmy, not tired enough yet.)

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:52 pm

Heh, I once had a dream that SSJ Goku was sitting across from me at the lunch table during school. He was talkin shit so we started to rumble.

I was kicking his ass then I woke up...

EDIT: Goku hits hard.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:24 am

I suffered from a strange dream in whcih I could use Ki and shoot energy and stuff, which I attributed to me being a mutant. The rest of the dream involved me shooting down X-Men, then for some strange reason, blowing up a bar.

Man, I'm some comic nerd

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:56 am

I have the KI-shooting dreams a lot. I've even made a Genki Dama once to kill a cat.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:11 pm

That musta been one hell of a cat! LOL