What's your favourite beam attack?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8311
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Saiga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Bussani wrote:Is Kikoho really a "beam"? But I guess I'm being needlessly picky if I ask that...

I like when the beams come out of people's mouths. There's just something really funny about that.
I think it would be odd but cool to see Goku, Vegeta, Gohan or one of the humans use it. We've mostly only seen it from characters that are obviously alien or huge characters.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
FNF
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 am

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by FNF » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 am

Bussani wrote:But I guess I'm being needlessly picky if I ask that...
Yes...yes you are :)

@Saiga, Gotenks uses it if that counts for anything :wink:
Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

User avatar
Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 pm
Location: Inside you

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 am

Final Flash is surely my favorite beam attack of awwwwwwllll time.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8311
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Saiga » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 am

FNF wrote:
@Saiga, Gotenks uses it if that counts for anything :wink:
Oh I remember! That IS funny.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
Ringworm128
Banned
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:32 am

Galick Gun, Makankosappo and that ring beam Tullece uses if that counts.
Last edited by Ringworm128 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10799
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Rocketman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:59 am

The Galick Gun is pretty sweet.

Image

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8311
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Saiga » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:46 am

Yeap, it is indeed sweet. Top five (as of now):

Final Impact, Galick Gun, Final Flash, Makankosappo, Yellow!Kamehameha.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm
Contact:

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by KakaR0T » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:52 am

I would say the Kikoho but it looks like that has been said already.

User avatar
CobraCookiez
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by CobraCookiez » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Future Trunks' Burning Attack is sick, what with all the nonsensical rapid arm movements. It's so flashy! I'm also gonna go ahead and Nth Vegeta's Final Flash. And Gallick Gun because it's purple.

User avatar
vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Brockton, MA, USA

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:33 am

My favorite of all time is probably the big bang kamehameha. I do not know why I just always thought it was badass especially in the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 :)
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

User avatar
SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:36 pm
Contact:

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by SylentEcho » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:30 am

Galick Gun has to be my favourite.

Big Bang Attack looks cool only in video games. Too bad we never see a good one in the show.

User avatar
Gonstead
I Live Here
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Gonstead » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Makankosappo!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:25 am

Vegeta's one-handed beam that he used to kill Dodoria.

Image
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

User avatar
Toadster
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Toadster » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 am

Rocketman wrote:The Galick Gun is pretty sweet.

Image
Agreed, it's my favorite.

User avatar
MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 am

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by MasterVampire » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Death Beam.

Image

User avatar
Attitudefan
I Live Here
Posts: 2963
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Funny that Vegeta's in all the pictures
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Codarik
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am
Location: Snake Way

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Codarik » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:07 am

I too will also have to say the Makankosappo, or as I like to call it the Special Beam Cannon. Not really sure why, I guess its because it looks cool!

User avatar
Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1671
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am
Location: South Korea

Re: What's your favourite beam attack?

Post by Thanos » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Probably Gekiretsu Kodan. But let's be honest... who doesn't have special place in their heart for Kame Hame-Ha?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2v01dx-1o

I absolutely adore that commercial.
I was Thanos before the MCU existed!

Post Reply