Super Saiyans are Real - Dragon Ball Video Goes Viral

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DerekPadula
Regular

Re: Super Saiyans are Real - Dragon Ball Video Goes Viral

Post by DerekPadula » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 am

Wow, that CopperVision guy has some rage issues. His random shouting was kind of scary.
Author of Dragon Ball Culture and the It's Over 9,000! book: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/books and The Dao of Dragon Ball website: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am

I stumbled upon the video yesterday. Not really sure what to make of it. The things the kid says makes sense... a bit.
He also does a good job of capturing the DBZ feel in real life, but at the same time it looks kind of embarrassing. I felt awkward watching it.
I believe that anyone has the right to do whatever he or she wants, but not everything should be made available to the masses.

I understand the kid. I too have tried this in the bathroom on several occasions when I was younger and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I wouldn't post evidence of it online though. :)

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The sad part is he'll probably monetize the video and make a couple o' bucks off it. :(

Over a million views now, so he's probably made $2000+ from youtube revenue alone. :shock:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The sad part is he'll probably monetize the video and make a couple o' bucks off it. :(

Over a million views now, so he's probably made $2000+ from youtube revenue alone. :shock:
My blood boils enviously and unspeakably.

Hence why I had to write that it was unspeakable!! :P
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

SSJBardock91

Post by SSJBardock91 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Well the video's viral enough now that Ray William Johnson has reviewed it.

KingofWisdom
Regular

Post by KingofWisdom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 pm

This is silly. He clearly made the video for it to go viral in the first place. It's disappointing to me that he got what he wanted.
"Those transformations insane,
They wanna turn up hours late and steal the show from the pros who had to die for the name." - Yamcha (DBWTF: Z-Rap 3)

"Over saturation is easy. Just drag the slider to the right and there you are: instant interest. And certainly, the majority of the public likes saturated color images. In fact, if you want to quickly create a popular image, simply over saturate the colors and increase the contrast. While you may not achieve a sophisticated image, you will achieve an image that will please a less demanding audience." - Alain Briot

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:30 am

Technically, he shouldn't be able to monetize this video because of Bruce Faulcner's music playing in the background, right?

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 am

violadude wrote:Technically, he shouldn't be able to monetize this video because of Bruce Faulcner's music playing in the background, right?
lolol yeah, and it goes far beyond ephemeral use as well. It's not as if he just happened to have Dragon Ball Z playing on a TV in the background; it served as the actual soundtrack for his video.
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

jukteen

Post by jukteen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm

I don't think he gets paid for just 1 viral video, you gotta get a partnership from Youtube before you get paid, and for that to happen you gotta prove you are consistent with the views. Damn I remember first seeing that video on WSHH and then I searched it on Youtube, only had like a couple hundred views now it's blown up.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I think all you need to get paid is many views. And after you reach a certain amount of credit you can take the money.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:11 pm

THAT WAS THE MOST HILARIOUS THING THAT I'VE WITNESSED IN A LOOONG TIME!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I expected one of those videos with cheesy special effects not a kid trying to fight constipation.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Xell wrote:Come on guys, don't act like you haven't tried it at least once..
I'm sure everyone still tries it at least once everyday....on the toilet. :lol:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

jukteen wrote:I don't think he gets paid for just 1 viral video, you gotta get a partnership from Youtube before you get paid, and for that to happen you gotta prove you are consistent with the views. Damn I remember first seeing that video on WSHH and then I searched it on Youtube, only had like a couple hundred views now it's blown up.
You can make money off of YouTube videos, unless they're copyrighted/Content ID (or whatever it's called).

Go to Settings > Monetisation > Set it Up > You'll start to make money from views/comments/dis-likes, all counts I suppose.

Make an amazing/stupid video and hope it'll become viral.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOzLNvAQQpE

I felt like it had to be done
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Nah, dude....nah. It really didn't have to be done.
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arique » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Lonelygirl15 this guy is not. Back in my day it took a little more to convince the internet that you were a complete idiot. Hell, I still don't know if that Aisha guy was for real! Nowadays it's all transparent Coppercabs and Kawaiikatsunis. *Waves cane around angrily* My generation knew how to troll and we did it all on dial-up!

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 am

Oh Youtube. :) (Oh, humanity?) This video was much funnier than the original. In all honesty, I didn't really find the original to be too funny. But, on some of these comments, I had to pause the video, because I was having a laughing fit!

FNF
Temporarily Banned

Post by FNF » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:39 am

Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Other username on forums;
'Cocoman'

SSJ3_Gogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Gogeta » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:46 pm

The video made it on World's Dumbest a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXg1Bd6zVHY