"Fusion Reborn" DVD Notes...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

"Fusion Reborn" DVD Notes...

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:41 pm

I been wanting to point out some minor things people might have missed about this particular movie release. Since I have some time now I figured I might as well. Did anyone notice these?...

The cover. We all seen it before, but did you know there are two different covers?

One is a chrome version wich was a promotion only given out by FUNimation at conventions and the movie screenings of movie 12. It has the FUNimation logo on the right and the audio track listings on the left. Also it has no bar code. The retail version is the one that will be in stores, this one does not have a chrome image. The FUNimation logo is on the left and audio track listings are on the right.

Also (maybe its just me) I found that in one part of the movie FUNimation actually did a little remix of the Japanese music playing in the same scene. It's the part with Goten and Trunks are fighting Hitler. Here see for yourself and tell me FUNimation wasn't trying to make there own version of that Japanese music. Its a total remix. Listen closely to the background music...

Original Japanese Version: http://media.putfile.com/Japanese75

FUNimation's Version: http://media.putfile.com/English36

Also not that it matters but in the Japanese audio track (in the very start of the movie) you will hear the waves crashing onto the rocks in the begining but the sound won't be there if you watch the English version.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:04 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Also not that it matters but in the Japanese audio track (in the very start of the movie) you will hear the waves crashing onto the rocks in the begining but the sound won't be there if you watch the English version.
Hmm. Y'know, I'll have to pop in my copy to be 100% sure, but I believe the same is true for either Dead Zone or Super Android 13 with regards to the crashing waves. I wouldn't be surprised if there were several other movies in which the same was true, too . . .
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:09 pm

Aren't the waves just from the Toei movie titlecard...splash...thingamabobbers? (I have no idea what those things are called at the moment.)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:21 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Aren't the waves just from the Toei movie titlecard...splash...thingamabobbers? (I have no idea what those things are called at the moment.)
Ya, the "Waves on Rocks" scene. The reason they're mentioning it is it's usually cut out completely. I think movie 5 kept it for the sole reason that Bardock was talking over it.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 am

Ah, as I suspected. For some reason I thought they were asking what it was instead of what it was doing there. Heh, silly me.

Ninja Poe Bear

Post by Ninja Poe Bear » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:46 am

Alright, can you say "collector's item"? :3 Because if you did not open it, you should keep that locked up. Especially since it's a convention exclusive. :3

But anyway, the links you gave do not work. :cry: Because I was also thinking the same thing when I heard some of the music, but I was not sure.
[b][coming soon.][/b]

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Fusion Reborn" DVD Notes...

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:53 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote: Also (maybe its just me) I found that in one part of the movie FUNimation actually did a little remix of the Japanese music playing in the same scene. It's the part with Goten and Trunks are fighting Hitler. Here see for yourself and tell me FUNimation wasn't trying to make there own version of that Japanese music. Its a total remix. Listen closely to the background music...

Original Japanese Version: http://media.putfile.com/Japanese75

FUNimation's Version: http://media.putfile.com/English36
Ah, so that piece comes from the Hitler scene, eh? I figured it would be from Movie 12, but so far I haven't seen that movie, nor 13. (This piece also plays in the TV series when Mr. Satan takes credit for destroying Boo, and when Bulma's having that party in the Capsule Corp atrium).
And yeah, it *does* sound kinda like FUNi was trying to recreate the Japanese music there.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Re: "Fusion Reborn" DVD Notes...

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:19 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:One is a chrome version wich was a promotion only given out by FUNimation at conventions and the movie screenings of movie 12. It has the FUNimation logo on the right and the audio track listings on the left. Also it has no bar code. The retail version is the one that will be in stores, this one does not have a chrome image. The FUNimation logo is on the left and audio track listings are on the right.
Is the promotional cover really nice? I just bought the DVD today and there's one of the promotional covers up on Ebay that I've got my eye on.

kevin449

Post by kevin449 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:14 pm

I'm sorry if this is a little out of the conversation but I wanted to note that the subtitles on the japanese version seem a little too americanize compared to other of Simmons work on the UU line up. For example,the four-star ball is spelled in japanese shushinkyu(sorry for my writing on the name) and shenron is spelled shen long. Does everyone else's copy have this?
Goku:HYAAAH!
Buu:Haa...Haaa
Vegeta:What the hell is going on here?

Sorry for this,it's my attempt at humor.
Hahaha!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:31 pm

For example,the four-star ball is spelled in japanese shushinkyu(sorry for my writing on the name) and shenron is spelled shen long. Does everyone else's copy have this?
No, Iam sure your DVD is the only one that has this. When FUNimation put together the DVD they decided to release thousands of DVDs with the same translation on it and only one where the translations are different. I suppose you got that one. :roll:

Iam sorry, questions like that just seem odd to me. Yes, all the copys of the movie have this translation.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 pm

kevin449 wrote:I'm sorry if this is a little out of the conversation but I wanted to note that the subtitles on the japanese version seem a little too americanize compared to other of Simmons work on the UU line up. For example,the four-star ball is spelled in japanese shushinkyu(sorry for my writing on the name) and shenron is spelled shen long. Does everyone else's copy have this?
Uh..that's how it's actually translated as. >_> You're thinking of the American dub, which uses the words "four-star ball" and "Shenron." The Japanese subtitles have never used these terms, especially not when Steve is subbing them.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:06 am

I'm acutally quite impressed if the Japanese subs are using the proper terms. I really need to pick this DVD up.
I'm sure Shen-long is the name of the Dragon from Chinese legend so never understood why the dub started with the Shenron buisness, something to do with how the Ramanji was converted for the dub?
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:43 am

"Shenron" is the Japanese approximation of the Chinese "Shen Long".
Where's the beef?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:06 pm

El_Diablo wrote:"Shenron" is the Japanese approximation of the Chinese "Shen Long".
... because there's no "L" sound in Japanese, that's why Piccolo is "Picoro".