"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Re: Bandai planning to "conquer the world"?

Post by Lance Freeman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 am

I know it's not, but I SO want this to be an action-adventure game by Telltale. I think they've proven themselves more than capable of doing something in that genre when they made The Walking Dead, and I think they could pull off an original story set in Dragon World.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 am

Lance Freeman wrote:I know it's not, but I SO want this to be an action-adventure game by Telltale. I think they've proven themselves more than capable of doing something in that genre when they made The Walking Dead, and I think they could pull off an original story set in Dragon World.
If Telltale did, they would 100% guaranteed to make the best Dragon Ball game story mode (DB + DBZ + DBGT + DB Films + DBZ Films/Specials/OVAS + DBGT TV Special). In case anyone's doubtful, just give The Walking Dead a try and see how beautiful and amazingly well it was produced.

I'd like a Sonic the Hedgehog Telltale game too, but it seems that they're focusing right now on Season 2 (& Bonus Episode before S2) of The Walking Dead. I'm really excited for TWD's Season 2 and The Walking Dead UK Disc Edition. Activision's The Walking Dead is a huge disappointment, definitely the second worst game of 2013 (first is Aliens Colonial Marines).

By the way, TWD TV's Season 3 ending was awful. :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 am

Hasn't Telltale made one critically-acclaimed game so far? I mean, their prior stuff has always been considered "OK", but Back to the Future didn't set the world on fire, Jurassic Park totally faceplanted, the Sam & Max stuff has just kinda been sent out there to do whatever it's going to do...

I get that people totally dug The Walking Dead, but I'm not seeing how an episodic, choice-based, narrative-driven game fits Dragon Ball all that well. I also totally get that most fans (myself included) are ready for a new developer to take the reigns and give us something new, but tossing Telltale into the mix just seems like such a bizarre (and highly unlikely), new-hotness-of-the-moment choice.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:36 am

VegettoEX wrote:I get that people totally dug The Walking Dead, but I'm not seeing how an episodic, choice-based, narrative-driven game fits Dragon Ball all that well.
To be fair, that would probably fit if they set it back in really early Dragon Ball, where there was less emphasis on fighting and more on lighthearted adventure. But, like I said, it isn't going to happen, and we're probably going to get yet another Raditz-to-Buu fighting game.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:23 am

Well I guess it's most likely talking about the new game, hence the 100,000 part at the end of the status they put up. :)
Last edited by Saiyan Prince Vegeta on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am

Insertclevername wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Those bastardly slimeballs. I knew they were up to no good. :x
:?
What do you mean?
Read the info they left on the Facebook page. :lol:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 pm

As of now how many likes does the Facebook page actually have now?

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 pm

THEGOKU wrote:As of now how many likes does the Facebook page actually have now?

Any they are aiming towards 100.000.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Maybe they will use motion capture going by the image?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Maybe they will use motion capture going by the image?
I would like to see some gameplay like that before they make it the official gameplay of any DBZ game. That would be very difficult to pull off.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

It's just them falling in line with the current Dragon Ball fad among Japanese schoolgirls. The images are everywhere: blogs, Twitter, tumblr, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Manga UK has a similar thing which is taking a photo DB-ish to win one of those crappy orange bricks.
Oh by the freaking way, they really plan on getting 100.000 likes for the new DBZ game, I can't believe they're actually serious about it. They replied me that much when asking about a new DBZ game. Either they'll reach 100.000 by Summer, Xmas or New Year.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah, a lot of people are doing this at the moment. It's ace! :P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:53 pm

With these images, it sounds like they might do something new for once maybe. I'm not giving my hopes up yet since I haven't enjoy a DBZ game since 2008.
She/Her

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:With these images, it sounds like they might do something new for once maybe. I'm not giving my hopes up yet since I haven't enjoy a DBZ game since 2008.
Well, if they're putting their faith in gaining 100.000 likes in just a few months, most likely it won't happen, which means it will allow the developers to spend time making a quality Dragon Ball game.

Raging Blast 2 is pretty good for what it's worth, but the best of this generation still comes down to Burst Limit.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Well, if they're putting their faith in gaining 100.000 likes in just a few months, most likely it won't happen, which means it will allow the developers to spend time making a quality Dragon Ball game.
They probably wouldn't need a week if they just removed the region lock...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:03 pm

The US DBZ video game page has 14,972 likes. I guess Europe does have a bigger fan base after all :lol: .
She/Her

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm

As long as there's a story mode and they don't pull some mostly-automated, QTE-based gameplay like Ultimate Tenkaichi, it's not hard to make a good Dragon Ball game.
So if you consider all the time they had to make this one, it's all a good sign.

And if they want to buy some more time, they can always release the Super Butoden HD Collection (including Hyper Dimension too) similarly to Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
It would just have new sprites for the characters and landscapes being drawn by the anime staff, a correct translation, and we're good to go, every single fan would buy it just to have a 2D Dragon Ball game that looks exactly like taking the control of an episode (at the cost of a PSN/Xbox Market price like Street Fighter of course).

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:46 pm

^ The thought of Super Butoden without it's precious soundtrack actually sickens me. :(
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.