Most Painful Fight

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:20 pm

:shock: I'd have to say that the most painful fight was...Goku versues Vegeta. Stepping on, Genki-Dama'd, Stepped on again, broken ribs, legs, and the like...brutal. :P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Remix
Beyond Newbie

Post by Remix » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:46 pm

Has anyone forgotten the scene from Dragonball's Red Ribbon Army saga where that ninja that worked for RR got Goku's power pole stuck up his butt?

I've never forgotten that episode and I don't think I ever will.

That was definately some sick Dr. Slump humor right there.
Hi, I'm WeeklyTubeShow. Innagadadavida and I like to make videos.

Perhaps you'd like to see one.

Eat Snow
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eat Snow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:00 pm

Remix wrote:Has anyone forgotten the scene from Dragonball's Red Ribbon Army saga where that ninja that worked for RR got Goku's power pole stuck up his butt?

I've never forgotten that episode and I don't think I ever will.

That was definately some sick Dr. Slump humor right there.
Ah, yes! I just re-watched that part today! Poor Murasaki. And for some reason I only burst out laughing when they cut to General White blushing.
Assassins showing no regard for life
Tied around their arm
A red ribbon.

unstable_person99
Beyond Newbie

Post by unstable_person99 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote::shock: I'd have to say that the most painful fight was...Goku versues Vegeta. Stepping on, Genki-Dama'd, Stepped on again, broken ribs, legs, and the like...brutal. :P
I agree with you, that fight made my blood freeze. I couldn't even bear to look at those screencaps on page 1.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/f169/unstable_person99/Avatars/?sc=1&multi=13&addtype=local&media=image&test=test]Avatars[/url]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:05 pm

Definately everybody versus Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga. Geez, the only person who can even stand up by the end is Krillin, and he's barely doing that.

It's made even more painful by Mr. Schemmel. Holy crap, that man can scream. :shock:

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Goku vs Vegeta: Right before Vegeta uses his Gallic beam, he's the victim of a knee hit on his back as he slams into a rock.

Piccolo vs. Freeza: As Goku is gathering ki for the spirit bomb, Piccolo gets pummeled by Freeza. The "ouch!" scene is when Piccolo is falling towards the ground, Freeza appears under him and smacks a real hard punch to the face.

SSJ2 Goku vs. Majin Vegeta: Right after they both punch each other at the same time, Vegeta really hits Goku bad with an elbow to the back of the neck.

I especially like these scenes in Japanese as the sound effects are much louder and therefore making the hit seem more forceful.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:58 am

Adnan wrote:Piccolo vs. Freeza: As Goku is gathering ki for the spirit bomb, Piccolo gets pummeled by Freeza. The "ouch!" scene is when Piccolo is falling towards the ground, Freeza appears under him and smacks a real hard punch to the face.
You forgot the scene where Freeza gripped Piccolo's shoulder. :wink:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:58 am

kvon wrote:I had recently watched the World Tournament Saga and remembered the gruesome fight between Videl and Spopovitch. "Youch!" I thought as I watch the fight. It was pretty disturbing to watch knowing that Videl had nearly no special trainings that other Z-fighters had received. Plus she is a girl getting beaten up by an enormous man! Isn't that disturbing already? That might also apply to some scenes with Pan in GT.
I totally forgot about that fight. I was going to mention something like 23rd Budokai or Ten vs. Nappa but you've hit it right on the money.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

JPA82

Post by JPA82 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:46 pm

The fight with Hildergan at the end of Movie #13 looked pretty brutal, especially when he hit Gotenks so hard that it broke the fusion.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:01 pm

There are many fights that make me go "OWCH!".
But there is only one moment where I absolutly felt the pain:

Freeza ripping off Nail's arm.

That moment I was pretty much screaming in pain myself.
Room 29 Report III (I think) wrote:After killing several more of those monkey/rat things we shoved off. We sent several marines ahead to scope the upcoming terrain; we heard a loud scream, and I immediatly said, "This is mearly the preamble to many deaths..." Two hours later we found their skeletons. The translation of the script with Jersey's name in it hasen't come in yet. More to come...
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:08 pm

I'd have to say Paikuhan vs. Janemba.

Even if it was only for a short while, watching him get slammed on both sides of the head definatly made me cringe.

As well as watching Broly kick the crap out of anybody. Like in movie 10 when he held trunks up above his head about to break him in half. (of course we later learned that his screams of pain were from his having to go to the bathroom) :roll:
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:05 pm

At the beginning of the episode where Freeza goes 100%, Goku pounds the hell out of Freeza.

Then when #18 broke Vegeta's arm I had to wince.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue May 02, 2006 3:37 am

I'd have to say one of the most brutal moves were executed by Broly. I mean come on! *Grabs Gohan's head and slides his face across a building. I've never forgotten how much that made me cringe, I was pretty young when I first watched that.

Others that come to mind:

Goku Vs. Frieza on planet Namek, jesuse they must have been exhausted, plus they were bleeding everywhere...

Nail getting a part of his arm ripped off by Frieza. Ugh, scary.

Vegeta getting his arm impaled by Li Shenron's spikes, I think that's his name..it's the last villain in the GT series.

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nekoni » Tue May 02, 2006 9:33 am

There are many fights that make me go "OWCH!".
But there is only one moment where I absolutly felt the pain:

Freeza ripping off Nail's arm.

That moment I was pretty much screaming in pain myself.
Ooohh yes. Makes y'wince eh?

I'd think any time Goku got punched/kicked/knee'd in the bahubas would be pretty painful. :P

I have a painful moment in GT, but that's from POV. When Goku's fighting Iishinron (that's no 1 ball dragon) he gets thrown onto a pole and dangles upside down from the leg. Sense tells me that his leg's been -run- through, and it's the metal scraping against bone that makes that awful, awful creeking sound as he swings from side to side...

His pants shouldn't be able to hold up 100kg of saiyan flesh.... *wince*
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

Cyberman
Not-So-Newbie
Location: Ascending Super Saiyan in the Room of Spirit and Time

Post by Cyberman » Tue May 02, 2006 6:26 pm

Nekoni wrote:
I have a painful moment in GT, but that's from POV. When Goku's fighting Iishinron (that's no 1 ball dragon) he gets thrown onto a pole and dangles upside down from the leg. Sense tells me that his leg's been -run- through, and it's the metal scraping against bone that makes that awful, awful creeking sound as he swings from side to side...

Oh yeah, I remember that. That was even in the edited version in America. I thought for sure it was a hole through his pants, but then I looked closer to where the pole was...

Anyone have any pictures of that scene?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue May 02, 2006 6:34 pm

Nekoni wrote:I have a painful moment in GT, but that's from POV. When Goku's fighting Iishinron (that's no 1 ball dragon) he gets thrown onto a pole and dangles upside down from the leg. Sense tells me that his leg's been -run- through, and it's the metal scraping against bone that makes that awful, awful creeking sound as he swings from side to side...

Keep in mind, when in SSJ4, the Saiyan attire is as magical as the invisible unicorns haunting EX and Meri. Hell, Goku and Vegeta both shouldn't even be wearing cloths in SSJ4 form. I mean ... they'd have fur to cover the more "dominating" eye grabbers. That was proven in Goku's SSJ3 transformation where he mentally tapped in to the higher levels. You gotta freeze-frame his oozaru-to-baby conversion, but his essence looks sorta similar to SSJ4 at one point, though in the immediate following freeze-frame, I could swear he has a friggin' vagina. :shock:

Anywho, most painful fight! My money is on the first ever fight in DBZ itself; Goku and Piccolo Vs. Raditz. So much pain inflicted in that fight, no matter what version you watch it in. From Piccolo's arm being vaporized off (Scott Mcneil's scream totally sold Piccolo's pain, as opposed to Sabat's Lieutenant Worf/Cookie Monster sounding tone), then to Goku being battered by his own brother from left to right, and of course Goku being torturously stomped-on until his ribs are broken. Hell, Raditz even gets his turn. The massive head-butt Gohan gives him (I could feel the pain in that shot), to being impaled to a bloody death bed with his younger brother, and finally meeting a swift mysterious blow from Piccolo.

PAINFUL!!
14 years later

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Wed May 03, 2006 1:13 am

I thought of another regular blow that looked like it hurt pretty bad. When Son Goku is preparing the Genki Dami, Piccolo steps in to try and buy Goku a few more moments by attacking Freeza. Freeza, at one moment slams his knee into Piccolo's gut and slams his elbow down on his back. I sat there and thought about the few times I was in fights and got the wind knocked out of me and wondered how hard it was for Piccolo to catch a breath of air after that double blow. I do recall thinking that attack must have been terribly painful everytime I see it.

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nekoni » Wed May 03, 2006 9:23 am

Does anybody remember in Movie 7, where Vegeta spends a good amount of his time bent back over Super 13's knee, screaming in agony?

...and yet he didn't have to go to the hospital!
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Wed May 03, 2006 1:05 pm

I'd have to go with Goku Vs.Piccolo, that fight was bloody as hell, IMO the most violent and bloody fight in DB, Z, or GT.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu May 04, 2006 2:22 pm

Spoppovitch Vs. Videl. Definately. Only fight that's ever actually made me cringe. I was 'cheering' the match like I always do at first... but then after a while I was just yelling at Spoppovitch and hoping someone would stop the fight.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.