Most Painful Fight

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cyberman
Not-So-Newbie
Location: Ascending Super Saiyan in the Room of Spirit and Time

Most Painful Fight

Post by Cyberman » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:52 pm

What was the one fight in DBZ that had you cringe watching, like you could feel the character's pain during the fight.

I gotta go with SSJ2 Goku Vs. SSJ2 Vegeta. It's probably Mr. Schemmel making me cringe more. Damn can that man scream. Anyway, I've always thought head banging was the most painful attack, dunno why, and this fight had a lot of it. Also when Vegeta powers up, he knees Goku in the neck twice! Or later they are grounded, and keep banging their heads together, man that's gotta hurt. Or Vegeta's energy rings trapping Goku against the wall.

2nd place goes to 17 Vs. Kamicollo. :lol: Scenes like them getting kicked in the face and seeing punches almost go through their stomachs. Ouch.

Thoughs?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:02 am

The SSj Gokue vs. Freeza fight. Not that it made me feel their pain, but God, it just kept going and going. Every day I would watch it and cringe, "is it going to end?" And the answer was always "no".

JPA82

Post by JPA82 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:07 am

Vegeta vs 1st form Buu, when he was trying to buy Goku some time. Man, that was brutal. Another honorable mention would be the fight between Yamucha and Kame (disguised as the old man) in the last tourney in the DB series. Those who've seen it should know what I'm talking about. :wink: It was both hilarious, and painful-looking.

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:11 am

Goku and Vegeta? Goku and Piccolo Jr? Goku and Raditz?

All of those were pretty nasty. I can't decide which though.

Goku and Vegeta: Goku breaks all of his bones, and Vegeta tortures him a bit.

Goku and Piccolo Jr: Goku gets punctured through the shoulder, loses lots of blood, and gets his wound stepped on.

Goku and Raditz: Breaks his ribs and stuff (as far as I remember), gets punctured through the chest, and dies.

Good game Goku, good game.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:13 am

In DBZ? None.

Dragonball? Son Goku VS. Piccolo Jr. at the 23rd Budokai.

Also, seeing Goku get fucked up by Piccolo Daimao the first time they met was pretty cringe-inducing. I mean, he beat his ass so bad that his heart stopped! And, while we're on the subject, how exactly was able to come back from basically being dead? His heart had stopped for more than a couple minutes before he started moving again. Seems like too much of a stretch for me.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:20 am

Vegeta, Gohan, and Kuririn vs. Recoome. Complete, utter, bloody domination.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:57 am

I had recently watched the World Tournament Saga and remembered the gruesome fight between Videl and Spopovitch. "Youch!" I thought as I watch the fight. It was pretty disturbing to watch knowing that Videl had nearly no special trainings that other Z-fighters had received. Plus she is a girl getting beaten up by an enormous man! Isn't that disturbing already? That might also apply to some scenes with Pan in GT.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:01 am

kvon wrote:I had recently watched the World Tournament Saga and remembered the gruesome fight between Videl and Spopovitch. "Youch!" I thought as I watch the fight. It was pretty disturbing to watch knowing that Videl had nearly no special trainings that other Z-fighters had received. Plus she is a girl getting beaten up by an enormous man! Isn't that disturbing already? That might also apply to some scenes with Pan in GT.
Ugh, that fight goes from painful to disgusting. It just becomes gruesome by the end.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:20 am

Super #13 vs Goku

He litterally punched Goku right in the balls. How could this not be mentioned as one of the most painful fights? :(

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:29 am

I'm not sure if one painful moment can define an entire fight, but it certainly proved #13 to be far and away the smartest villain in the Dragonball universe.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:16 am

Base / Kaio-ken Goku vs. Final Stage Cooler.

Honestly, I would have picked something else, but I hate saying something that's already been said. This fight deserves honorable mention because Goku takes so many incredibly painful looking physical blows...just ONE AFTER ANOTHER. And he always comes back, upping his Kaio-ken a bit more. I mean, he gets fricken squeezed into the ground so hard it creates a fissure.

Yea I guess that's my two cents.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:26 am

Hm. Here's another, though it's GT. Vegeta vs Yi Xing Long. Not only does Vegeta get pummeled to the point where he's unable to really throw much in ways of punches, but his shoulder is also impaled and his entire body is zapped with lightning energy.

Or..we could go with Freeza literally beating down Vegeta. Pretty sure being whipped by Freeza's tail several times and then being choked by it while having your back punched as you're strangled in the air hurts like hell. >_>

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:08 am

kvon wrote:I had recently watched the World Tournament Saga and remembered the gruesome fight between Videl and Spopovitch. "Youch!" I thought as I watch the fight. It was pretty disturbing to watch knowing that Videl had nearly no special trainings that other Z-fighters had received. Plus she is a girl getting beaten up by an enormous man! Isn't that disturbing already? That might also apply to some scenes with Pan in GT.
I'd have to go with this as the single most painful fight. About every other fights we see, we know that the characters are insanely strong and can endure pretty much everything(and even died a few times), but Videl is closer to an actual human's ability and strenght.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:13 pm

For now, I have to say the first fight between Goku and Vegeta. I screencapped an episode of that lately and wow, I felt so sorry for poor Goku! I mean, this screencaps say it all:

Oozaru Vegeta just stepped on Goku's leg, crushing both of them. Auch. :shock:

Image Image
And now his entire body get's crushed!

Very painful I'd say. Glad I wasn't in his shoes. :P

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Most painful fight? Hmmmmm.... Let me see. Well, one does come to mind: Goku versus Frieza. Why? HE GOT HIS WHOLE BODY SLICED INTO TWO! Ever thought of that? Suprisingly, he was still alive!

Okay, so maybe he's good at holding in pain. But still, that's gotta hurt.

Oh yeah, don't forget that a quarter of his head was decapitated after Goku's blast, and was left floating around for a couple of days (In space). Yep, that's gotta hurt. :shock:

Then, he got sliced into more pieces than two by the guy you see in my avatar (ohhh, sexy Trunks). Well, I suppose he got what was coming to him.
Last edited by Steven Perry on Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 pm

Domon wrote:
I'd have to go with this as the single most painful fight. About every other fights we see, we know that the characters are insanely strong and can endure pretty much everything(and even died a few times), but Videl is closer to an actual human's ability and strenght.
So true. That, and it isn't a fight with any of the regular DBZ fighters, who can take a punch and can still stand up and be like "yeah, I'm good, I'm good!"

I used to cringe at pretty much all of the fights in DBZ, but then I became used to it (which is pretty bad if you think about it :?).

My other two nastiest fights for me would be from the Super Android 13 Movie and the first Broly Movie (oh no, they're not canon!). #13 just stomps on Piccolo's body and busts Vegeta's back, not to mention the whole crotch kicking thing with Goku (cringing just thinking about it. For Broly, it was just how the complete fight was dragged on. Some things in particular were Broly continuously jumping on Goku's already messed up body and Broly slamming Vegeta into a wall, making this huge crater.

But I still agree that the whole Spopovich vs. Videl fight was #1 in the list of nasty fights.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:39 pm

Goku vs Vegeta (Saiyan Saga)
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:37 pm

I have to say Videl vs. Spopovitch... Not only is it the most brutal fight in the series, [in my opinion] but its against a girl, and I'm NOT a fan of violence against women. So that's why it makes me cringe.

Other than that I can't think of "fights" but more of attacks within the fights that make me cringe. here's a list:

-Jinzoningen 13 punching Goku in the balls
-Jinzoningen 13 cracking Vegeta's back
-Broli impaling Gohan on the side of a building
-Raditz stepping of Goku's broken ribs
-Freeza punching Vegeta while hanging him with his tail
-Freeza bouncing Kuririn up and down on his horn
-Baby Gohan giving Vegeta a taste of the pavement in DBGT

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:54 pm

Freeza bouncing Krillin on his horn was the only moment of Dragonball that I cringed at and kinda wanted to look away the first time I saw it. The second most brutal moment was Goku getting blasted in the shoulder by Piccolo ae the 23rd tournament. Goku was bleeding to death yet he kept fighting.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:13 pm

The hits that Goku laid on Baahta were pretty painful and the beatdown Vegetto gave on Buu (even as a piece of candy).

Then there was that scene in movie 4 where Piccolo broke that guy's arm then blew off his head.