Favorite Techniques

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Sun May 07, 2006 8:31 pm

Hero 004 wrote:In no particular order

Masenko
Wolf Fang Fist
Kaio-Ken
Kamehameha
Special Beam Cannon

Seeing the attacks of Dragonball make me enjoy it's world even more. Those are some of my very favorites to watch.
What's this "special beam cannon" you mention? :wink:

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Sun May 07, 2006 8:33 pm

It's uh...! A giant lazer cannon that the Red Ribbon Army used against Goku, when he transformed into an Oozaru and they were like "Use the special beam cannon!"

...okay, I've been reading too much of the 'strangest lies someone has told you about DBZ' thread.

Makankosappo!

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Sun May 07, 2006 8:36 pm

I know what it is. I was just trying to make a point. :D

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue May 09, 2006 10:18 am

My favorites are the following in no particular order:

Dragonfist
Kaioken
Janken Fist
Demon Incarceration Wave (Move used to contain Piccolo)
Thunder Hold (Dunno actual name, but Roshi used it to hold Goku in the 21st Tournament, and supposedly was the only technique he could use to win against Son Gohan, Goku's Grandfather.)

Kienzen/Destructo Disc - just an awesome move

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Tue May 09, 2006 6:27 pm

The Kamehameha will always be my favorite technique.

Others that I like are...

The Mafuba
Tien's Dodonpa
Goku's Ryu-Ken
The Kaio-Ken
Gohan's Masanko-Ha
Vegeta's Final Flash
Piccolo's Makankosappo
Kuririn's Kienzen
The Fusion
The Genki Dama
...and anything having to do with the Naiyobi pole 8)
Last edited by Grandmaster J on Wed May 10, 2006 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:57 pm

Akira wrote:My favorites are the following in no particular order:

Dragonfist
Kaioken
Janken Fist
Demon Incarceration Wave (Move used to contain Piccolo)
Thunder Hold (Dunno actual name, but Roshi used it to hold Goku in the 21st Tournament, and supposedly was the only technique he could use to win against Son Gohan, Goku's Grandfather.)

Kienzen/Destructo Disc - just an awesome move
For the record, Roshi's ultamite move is called the "Internaional Suprize" or "Lightning Suprise attack".

I have always liked the Jaken as well and I thought that it would have been cool if Grampa Gohan would have used it againced Goku in the Fortune Teller Baba saga. I also would have liked it if there was a flash back at some point of him using it, since it is his signature move. Although pherhaps it adds to the character in some way that his youth as one of the most skilled fighters in the world is only explained through Goku and those who knew of him.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed May 10, 2006 11:09 am

Akira wrote: Thunder Hold (Dunno actual name, but Roshi used it to hold Goku in the 21st Tournament, and supposedly was the only technique he could use to win against Son Gohan, Goku's Grandfather.)
"Bankoku-Bikkuri-Shou"

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Wed May 10, 2006 12:42 pm

The greatest technique in my opinion is the Mafuba. It has its own backstory and it was so bad ass when it first appeared in the manga. It made the kamehameha look like a flick in the ear. I'll never forgive Toei for making Tenshinhan use the Mafuba and not die...it took away all of its power and danger.
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed May 10, 2006 1:14 pm

masenko wrote:The greatest technique in my opinion is the Mafuba. It has its own backstory and it was so bad ass when it first appeared in the manga. It made the kamehameha look like a flick in the ear. I'll never forgive Toei for making Tenshinhan use the Mafuba and not die...it took away all of its power and danger.
Are you talking about when Ten' was practicing it before confronting Piccolo Daimao...? I can't imagine a filler being intricate enough to merit Tenshinhan using the Mafuba'.

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Wed May 10, 2006 3:11 pm

The Mafuba looked better when Roshi did it. The hand gestures he did to get into the stance were simply bad ass. It's too bad he missed though.

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 pm

Duo wrote:
masenko wrote:The greatest technique in my opinion is the Mafuba. It has its own backstory and it was so bad ass when it first appeared in the manga. It made the kamehameha look like a flick in the ear. I'll never forgive Toei for making Tenshinhan use the Mafuba and not die...it took away all of its power and danger.
Are you talking about when Ten' was practicing it before confronting Piccolo Daimao...? I can't imagine a filler being intricate enough to merit Tenshinhan using the Mafuba'.

In the Manga, Tenshinhan doesn't attempt the mafuba, after mastering it, because his denshi jar is broken. In the anime, he performs it on Piccolo Daimao but Drum jumps in the way and somehow foils the attack. If this hadn't been filler, Tenshinhan would have had to lose his life. It's an unforgiveable continuity error.
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu May 11, 2006 9:28 pm

masenko wrote:In the Manga, Tenshinhan doesn't attempt the mafuba, after mastering it, because his denshi jar is broken. In the anime, he performs it on Piccolo Daimao but Drum jumps in the way and somehow foils the attack. If this hadn't been filler, Tenshinhan would have had to lose his life. It's an unforgiveable continuity error.
That sounds like something for the Daizex inconsistency guide, since the "Rice cooker" cracks in the Manga but not the Anime. It's more than just a filler, in that regard.

I never saw the Dragonball Anime...makes me glad when I hear things like that (strokes Manga collection like a cat).