Why would Goku choose to live with Uub?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Why would Goku choose to live with Uub?

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:14 am

I know he wants to train him, but how can you train a novice like Uub in a poverty-stricken island? Wouldn't it be smarter for Uub to live and train with Goku?
The world's greatest.

Ajay

Re: Why would Goku choose to live with Uub?

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:19 am

Well, Goku grew up on a mountain with literally no insight into the modern world. He'd never seen cars before...never seen a girl before! Goku's priorities aren't based around comfort and modern sensibilities. He's goes wherever he needs to and that just so happened to be back to where Oob came from.

Why? Who knows, it's not explicitly stated. You could probably go with the line of thinking that Oob's family aren't going to be cool with him going off to a Tournament and then running off with some stranger!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:19 am

Goku had learned and matured a lot by the time he left with Uub ... training a novice like Uub on a poverty-stricken island would be illogical, not based on just common standards, but fighting standards.
The world's greatest.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:23 am

His base character never changed. We're talking in pure hypotheticals with this thread, if you're going to reply like that then I'm not going to indulge you.

EDIT: And you've edited your initial post from 'Goku had learned and matured a lot by the time he left with Uub ...' to something with slightly more substance now. Right.

Well, again, I don't see it as illogical, it's still hypothetical. I still stand by my point that Goku doesn't care for commodities, he could train wherever and still be fine. He's learnt all the techniques over the years and could potentially apply them anywhere.
Last edited by Ajay on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deadtuber.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:His base character never changed. We're talking in pure hypotheticals with this thread, if you're going to reply like that then I'm not going to indulge you.
But your hypothesis still doesn't make sense. His base character may have never changed, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be smart enough not to train Uub elsewhere
The world's greatest.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 am

Dr. Machismo wrote: But your hypothesis still doesn't make sense. His base character may have never changed, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be smart enough not to train Uub elsewhere
Like where? We don't know anything. This is based on nothing but conjecture. For all we know, he went to the village to do the basic training he did when he was a kid and then moved on up to Kaio-sama's planet and then into the ROSAT. We don't know his methodology whatsoever.

Deadtuber.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote: But your hypothesis still doesn't make sense. His base character may have never changed, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be smart enough not to train Uub elsewhere
Like where? We don't know anything. This is based on nothing but conjecture. For all we know, he went to the village to do the basic training he did when he was a kid and then moved on up to Kaio-sama's planet and then into the ROSAT. We don't know his methodology whatsoever.
His home.
The world's greatest.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:13 am

Goku said he'd ask Mark to give them some money for his village..
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:46 am

I guess that goes into what you want to believe. Did Goku live with Uub? He certainly said he was at the end of Z. However, Neko Majin Z showed him possibly having Uub live with him at his house. Meanwhile GT shows that they didn't live with either family & instead lived at the Lookout.

I personally like to think he spent a year with Uub, a year with his family, then the rest of the time at the Lookout.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm trying to debate the reasoning and logic in living with Uub, not if he lived with him
The world's greatest.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:07 pm

You're looking too deeply into it... Both of his kids are grown by that point and I'm sure Chi Chi has a collection of vibrators stashed away for whenever Goku either dies or goes on his training vacations.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:10 pm

I thought the reason was obvious.

Uub cared about his family first and foremost. So Goku made it easy for him to accept training by bringing the training to his home.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:39 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:You're looking too deeply into it... Both of his kids are grown by that point and I'm sure Chi Chi has a collection of vibrators stashed away for whenever Goku either dies or goes on his training vacations.
No need for vibrators. She has Piccolo to satisfy all her needs. :P
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:You're looking too deeply into it... Both of his kids are grown by that point and I'm sure Chi Chi has a collection of vibrators stashed away for whenever Goku either dies or goes on his training vacations.
Piccolo doesn't have a Penis silly :mrgreen: .
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:54 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Piccolo doesn't have a Penis silly :mrgreen: .
But Chi-Chi has one.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Goku choose to live with Uub to teach/guide him. Known fact.

The setting could be anywhere. Uub's homeland/village, Spirit Room, Kaio-sama's Planet, heck somewhere around Mount. Paouzu.

Uub's goal was to help his fellow villagers with the prize money. Reason behind his participation for Tenkaichi Budoukai.

The prob's considered solved since Goku convinced Mr.Satan would help.

What's next? Train.

Uub was also considerably excited just as Goku was. Mutual feel.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:Neko Majin Z showed him possibly having Uub live with him at his house.
Came here to post this.

Besides, Goku has Instant Transmission and can use it for himself or with Uub.

Dalesy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dalesy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:Goku had learned and matured a lot by the time he left with Uub ... training a novice like Uub on a poverty-stricken island would be illogical, not based on just common standards, but fighting standards.
How? Goku routinely took Gohan to train in the wilderness. Why would he suddenly decide to take Oob to Planet Fitness?
"Clark Kakakent however, would never speak that way. Clark Kakakent is a big orange boy scout who fights for truth, Justice, and the Saiyan way." - DemonRin