Funny or ignorant things you've heard a DB fan say?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What are funny but dumb things you've heard a DB fan say

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:50 am

So, not only does this guy think that Namco Bandai DEVELOPS all the DBZ games, but he thinks they are made in America. (Note his use of the term "jap")

(from bottom to top)
ringworm128 wrote:I hope the "kids can't handle anything even slightly mature" and "oh no little billy and suzie will be corrupted if they see a persons behind or hear a mild swear word" mentality will eventually die out.
Hard to say... Some things that were unacceptable for TV are now perfectly okay, and stuff that was acceptable years ago is now frowned upon. Overprotective parents will always exist, though.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:05 am

I can't believe Squidward is speaking such blasphemy. Also, I also can't believe he's even into Dragon Ball. It's seems like something he would dismiss as being childish dreck (maybe Spongebob coaxed him into it).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I can't believe Squidward is speaking such blasphemy. Also, I also can't believe he's even into Dragon Ball. It's seems like something he would dismiss as being childish dreck (maybe Spongebob coaxed him into it).
He was originally Zagon2 and his other active account is SSJGotenks2009.

Please don't make this a hate thread though. I understand at times he's a huge dumbass(In fact all the times) but please don't make mods close this thread.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:13 pm

This-this thread. Why did I read it? It makes me sad. Then again, I did start a thread about Banned Members, soooooo... :lol:

I'm kinda glad I've stopped commenting on YouTube videos- partly because of the whole Google Plus thing. What next? Am I gonna have to sell my soul to Google before I can send an email? :roll:

*OK, there were a couple of paragraphs that I got rid of which contained rambling about me and my little Dragon Ball Z Kai arguments, so this post turned out a little shorter than it was going to be. Sorry, I was writing something that would've given this post some substance, but it ended up going no where. :oops: *

EDIT: I will add that it's important to realize that the people commenting on these videos are, y'know, real people that love the series like you and me- it gives perspective, I guess. Maybe that person thinks they're most knowledgeable DB fan on the playground, but when they share that "knowledge" on the internet they might come off as a right moron. Speaking from experience, when I first started typing comments on the internet, I didn't realize or think that there might be anything wrong (not in terms of facts, but rather with what I'm saying and the way I'm saying it) with what I was typing. For example, I remember once back in 2008, I wrote up a YouTube comment regarding, of course, a strength debate involving Kaioshin. And I remember, the response I got was something to the effect of, "Shut the fuck up. You don't know what you're talking about." That took me completely off guard, I didn't think I'd typed anything to warrant a response like that. :? Another example; I was talking to this guy at school who was complaining about Goku's Japanese voice. This is the same sort of person I used to have a rage at online, but I wasn't about to "Shut the fuck up, you don't know Goku's character" in real life and to his face, because he was still a fellow fan of the series that I knew personally.

Once again, sorry. I feel like I have a lot to say, but it all comes out as a mess of words...maybe I should get out of bed now (pretty sure I even contradicted myself a couple of times). :P

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:13 pm

HipsturrAnime8:57 PM1

If you mean the original Kikuchi score for Kai, then perhaops it's a matter of opinion. But if you mean the original Yamamoto... Since it's impossible to tell Yamamoto's tracks apart you're outta yo mind. :3
In a nutshell. If it's Kikuchi then it's okay to have opinions but if you like Yamamoto then my opinion is ignored :lol:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:14 am

Here's a surprisingly common one:

"Man, Gohan's such an idiot. Why didn't he go Super Saiyan when Buu was beating him up?".
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:29 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Here's a surprisingly common one:

"Man, Gohan's such an idiot. Why didn't he go Super Saiyan when Buu was beating him up?".
Relating, and fun to hear is "Gohan cannot go Super Saiyan." xD
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 am

TheAldella wrote:

And he can't. When Kaioshin was done with the ritual he told Gohan to power up like he does when he wants to go SSJ. He did, but he didn't go SSJ, he just released his power without changing his appearance. Therefore, if when he tries to go SSJ, he actually just releases his power instead, he pretty much can't go SSJ anymore.

You may have another interpretation but this one is far from dumb or funny.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:22 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheAldella wrote:

And he can't. When Kaioshin was done with the ritual he told Gohan to power up like he does when he wants to go SSJ. He did, but he didn't go SSJ, he just released his power without changing his appearance. Therefore, if when he tries to go SSJ, he actually just releases his power instead, he pretty much can't go SSJ anymore.

You may have another interpretation but this one is far from dumb or funny.
I see. That's one of the whole "Never have read the manga" thing, as I'm waiting to finish the 23rd Tenkaichi and on the Full-colour set. I always just viewed it Infinite World/Budokai 3 Style. I thought it was just a transformation beyond SS2 instead; I mean, it sure makes a lot more sense as to why he did it in GT and BoG. :u
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 pm

TheAldella wrote: I see. That's one of the whole "Never have read the manga" thing, as I'm waiting to finish the 23rd Tenkaichi and on the Full-colour set. I always just viewed it Infinite World/Budokai 3 Style. I thought it was just a transformation beyond SS2 instead; I mean, it sure makes a lot more sense as to why he did it in GT and BoG. :u
He did it in GT and BOG because Toei sucks. I mean, if they really want to have Gohan as a SSJ, then at least explain it. For example, all they would have to do would be make one of the characters state the Old Kaioshin told them once that his ritual wears off over time. See? Problem instantly solved. In fact, with that explanation, Goku could even be stronger than Gohan without SSJG, which is something highly convenient for them since they always want to have Goku as the main character and as long as Gohan is supposedly stronger than him, there's always things that don't fit very well. They could solve all that in just a couple of sentences and in a few seconds. But do they? Nope.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Found this on Youtube.
Cell>Buu, it is a fact. Broly is the most retarded villain ever designed and Frieza was a closet homosexual. Cell should be the final boss not Buu, yes I'm mad and butthurt but it's true. Look at it logically, Cell=Goku+Vegeta+Piccolo+other Z fighters+Frieza and Cold. Vegito=Goku+Vegeta. Obviously Cell>Vegito>Super Buu. It makes no sense that Cell lost to SSJ2 Gohan. That plot armor was too strong.
Also, any comment that claims King Kai used Instant Transmission to annoy Goku during his search for New Namek is hilarious.
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Dragon Soul Funimation Lyrics wrote:Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!
Yeah, pretty much sums the show up right there.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:41 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:Found this on Youtube.
Cell>Buu, it is a fact. Broly is the most retarded villain ever designed and Freeza was a closet homosexual. Cell should be the final boss not Buu, yes I'm mad and butthurt but it's true. Look at it logically, Cell=Goku+Vegeta+Piccolo+other Z fighters+Freeza and Cold. Vegito=Goku+Vegeta. Obviously Cell>Vegito>Super Buu. It makes no sense that Cell lost to SSJ2 Gohan. That plot armor was too strong.
Oww...my head hurts... :crazy:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:25 pm

ringworm128 wrote:I hope the "kids can't handle anything even slightly mature" and "oh no little billy and suzie will be corrupted if they see a persons behind or hear a mild swear word" mentality will eventually die out.
I know this may sound extreme, but I really wish people like that would just flat our vanish. And yes, I'm using vanish in place of a more permanent term.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Some people actually answered. "If Gohan went Super Saiyan, the earth would blow up, so he didn't"
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:56 pm

I've heard of that rumour. It's cool in an incredibly cheesy way. Shit though, that'd make him stronger than Vegetto.

Certainly better than saying he could go Super Saiyan, but didn't because he didn't have an opportunity to do so.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:36 pm

People who say you're not a "true fan" if you prefer a certain version (whether it be the Japanese, English, etc)

Also I remember seeing someone say that the reason Freeza and Cell kept their bodies, but Vegeta didn't is because, "Goku is pure good, and Freeza is pure evil that's why they kept their bodies. Vegeta isn't good or evil so he didn't keep his."

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:People who say you're not a "true fan" if you prefer a certain version (whether it be the Japanese, English, etc)
THIS.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Roland_ELoG
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roland_ELoG » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:People who say you're not a "true fan" if you prefer a certain version (whether it be the Japanese, English, etc)

Also I remember seeing someone say that the reason Freeza and Cell kept their bodies, but Vegeta didn't is because, "Goku is pure good, and Freeza is pure evil that's why they kept their bodies. Vegeta isn't good or evil so he didn't keep his."
That's when you wind up your big FILLER button. Filler is like the twilight zone: it's very strange, and anything goes.
A YouTube channel with no AMVs on it? I know, it's hard to believe.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Just recently saw something that this kid said on YouTube, that might be might be the stupidest thing I've ever read. the person said

"Funimation helped Akira Toriyama make Dragon Ball back in 1995. He stepped down and let Funimation make the anime."
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm

:mrgreen: A lot of dbz fans on youtube say that the actors in dbz kai sound like they are trying to hard. Lool what the fuck I'm starting to think that a lot of dbz fans on youtube are idiots and this is coming from a dub fan.
Last edited by JEFFMAN219 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.