"Sparking! NEO" (PS2/Wii)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Omega_57
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omega_57 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 pm

Steven Perry wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Hahaha! Ten looks like he's trying to eat a giant invisible hoagie.
Are you sure it's invisible? :P

Yeah... I know. I just couldn't help myself.
It looks, delicious! To bad the durability date has expired, that's why he looks so terrified O.o
[i]More Dragons, More Balls, More Z's![/i] - Gamespot

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Bravo Steven.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:26 pm

That's hell of a photo editing skill!
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:48 pm

:lol: That is an awesome edit. And he's got such an intense look on his face like "The sandwich; it calls to me." or something like that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:18 pm

So is there any confirmation on whether or not the NA release will the Japanese voice overs as well, since they're gonna include the rehashes of Yamamoto's music from the "Dragon Ball Z" PS2 games? I've been wanting to get the JPN release, but getting the imports for the PS2 is a real bitch & I wanna understand much of the story mode either way. I'm really liking much of what I heard about the story mode, characters, & environments so far.

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:57 pm

Sebastian (SB) wrote:So is there any confirmation on whether or not the NA release will the Japanese voice overs as well, since they're gonna include the rehashes of Yamamoto's music from the "Dragon Ball Z" PS2 games? I've been wanting to get the JPN release, but getting the imports for the PS2 is a real bitch & I wanna understand much of the story mode either way. I'm really liking much of what I heard about the story mode, characters, & environments so far.
Funny you should mention that, as IGN just posted this.
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/725/725499p2.html
Also, you can play the entire game in the original Japanese. This is true of both text and audio.
Lets hope they REALLY mean it this time.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 pm

Thanks! I really, REALLY hope they also mean the text. So I guess that means a possible Daimao translation?....I hope so.

On a side note, The NA Sparking! NEO cover
Apparently they went with the "Pale Cartoony Type" style for Trunks.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:39 pm

Sebastian (SB) wrote:Thanks! I really, REALLY hope they also mean the text. So I guess that means a possible Daimao translation?....I hope so.

That's actually been posted earlier, with some reject covers as well. Though it looks like they got rid of the hairline problem with the '2' (There's another similar cover with Goku with a guard stance with a horrible red bg behind)

Anyways, didn't Daimao work on the first game?

Also, you can play the entire game in the original Japanese. This is true of both text and audio.
Don't think that's gonna work in terms of audio. Unless the game has 2 DVDs. The two languages, the Japanese BGM as well as whatever music Atari might replace it with, that's gotta be big

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:06 pm

I was really hoping that wouldn't be the final NA cover... *sigh*

Seriously, if I ever meet the guy who decides to change the artwork from the great stuff on the Japanese releases to this crap, I will kick him or her in the balls. I mean, it's certainly the game that counts, but I just don't understand why Atari thinks us NA consumers hate pretty artwork :?
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Sebastian (SB) wrote:Thanks! I really, REALLY hope they also mean the text. So I guess that means a possible Daimao translation?....I hope so.

Naw cousin. That's "2002 Beckett Collector Style".

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:59 pm

Awesome cover, it certainly beats the Japan cover. I definetley think the single character cover works better than everyone jammed into one shot. No I am not being sarcastic.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:45 am

Looks like I'm printing out a makeshift cover for my copy again :? .

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:55 am

Majin Buu wrote:Looks like I'm printing out a makeshift cover for my copy again :? .
Heh :lol: You hate the North American covers that much huh? Not that I blame you... I "tolerate" them but the Japanese cover looks great. I don't get why they do not just use the origional cover with Budokai Tenkaichi on the front and English text... :roll: It's not a rhetorical question by the way. :?

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:11 am

I still don't think that's the final cover. I'm still hoping that's not the final cover. Hell, why is it all the NA boxarts these days have to be so bad? Why is it each new release has to have a boxart worse than the previous game? I mean it, BT's boxart was better than this, and even Shin Budokai's 'naked Goku' pose looked far better than this.

I don't get why they do not just use the origional cover with Budokai Tenkaichi on the front and English text... It's not a rhetorical question by the way
You know, I just realized this, but the logo for Sparking! NEO has a white glow around it. So you could easily remove the logo and somewhat place in BT 2's one!

Yet Atari makes a crappy Flash style one!

Those bastards!

Omega_57
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omega_57 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:02 am

IGN wrote:The character customize option, titled Evolution Z, lets you modify combos and techniques, as well as power.

120 characters is precisely 20 more than last time. That's a huge number for any game, especially since you can fuse and transform them.
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
[i]More Dragons, More Balls, More Z's![/i] - Gamespot

kindertuin
Beyond Newbie

Post by kindertuin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:16 am

IGN
The developers did note to us that they've received tester feedback that using the Wii's controller may tire players. For this reason the Wii version will also have the ability for players to plug in GameCube controllers to control the game the more "traditional" way.
Ah a good thing. I'm sure i'll play it with the Wii-mote, but i heard a few members would like this to be an option.

DBZ-Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZ-Guy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:20 am

Why, Atari? Why do you keep giving us crap covers, why cant you use the Japanese? It makes me so mad to think that someone in Japan useed their time making a good cover and then Atari just fuck it up with a cover like that. I sure hope Europe dosent get the Atari cover as i live in Europe.

It's awesome that you can use the GC controler with the Wii version tough. While the Wii controler looks awesome with Racing and Shooting games I'm still not sure how good it is suited for Adventure and Fighting games so the option to use a GC controler in a fighting game like this is very nice!

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:36 am

Omega_57 wrote:
IGN wrote:The character customize option, titled Evolution Z, lets you modify combos and techniques, as well as power.

120 characters is precisely 20 more than last time. That's a huge number for any game, especially since you can fuse and transform them.
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
I don't know how accurate this is, but it makes it seem the character count is including transformations. But there's a couple things wrong with it.

It says there are 120 characters, when it's been stated there will be around 130.

It also says the 120 characters is precisely 20 more than last time, but the last game had 90 characters and transformations. Not 100.

Remember kids. You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 am

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Remember kids. You can't spell ignorant without IGN.
Oh, man - I'm totally taking that! :P

Anyway.. yeah, I'm not quite ready to trust IGN with pre-release news of a DBZ game.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:46 am

Especially concidering their knowledge of DBZ (and it's games) seems to be minimal. Is it that hard to find ONE editor amongst their staff who actually knows his or her anime?

Either way, I think I'll be playing Sparking! Neo on the Wii all new style anyway. =D