Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:24 pm

YASS! (Nikki Minaj voice)
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:43 am

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:46 am

Should have done that many volumes ago, Goku.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:52 am

That comic makes me realize I do actually appreciate the Naruto series. Sure, it took a lot of turns for the worse, but it is also filled with many fond memories. It's not like Dragon Ball was perfect either.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:20 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:That comic makes me realize I do actually appreciate the Naruto series. Sure, it took a lot of turns for the worse, but it is also filled with many fond memories. It's not like Dragon Ball was perfect either.
Personally, my only serious problem with Naruto is Sasuke himself and how everyone reacts to him. Sakura.... I think we all already know how she rolls but Naruto is in deep denial to the point where seems like he's in love with the man-bitch. Even playing Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 it was annoying.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:11 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Personally, my only serious problem with Naruto is Sasuke himself and how everyone reacts to him.
That's more than half the manga.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:30 pm

The comic does amuse me, but eh...the Naruto hate has been going a bit overboard as of late, at least IMO. Yes, there are severe drops in quality once we cross over into 'Part 2' of the series. Nobody, or at least I'm sure as hell not, about to deny that. But there were still lots of great moments that I for one am enjoying looking back upon now that it's all said and done.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:54 pm

That is true. I mean, Goku himself is the king of being the star of an oversaturated series.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:09 pm

PS4 vs Xbox One

YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:51 pm

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Image

Wow. :thumbdown: . I'm one of the few who loved every aspect of Naruto. Didn't find this funny. However the idea is funny.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Nah, Naruto was good overall in its first arcs but it steadily started to go downhill and got worse and worse. Even its art became worse as time went on.

The only reason why its not more criticized is because a lot of people grew up with it, so the nostalgia and "fan loyalty" factor are pretty strong. I'm a bit older than the average so I believe I can look at it with a clearer view, hence my opinion.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:06 pm

rereboy wrote:Nah, Naruto was good overall in its first arcs but it steadily started to go downhill and got worse and worse. Even its art became worse as time went on.

The only reason why its not more criticized is because a lot of people grew up with it, so the nostalgia and "fan loyalty" factor are pretty strong. I'm a bit older than the average so I believe I can look at it with a clearer view, hence my opinion.
I have no nostalgia for Naruto either. In my opinion it's just an awesome series. However I see why some will hate it or dislike. But hey, just opinions. We're all different with different tastes for anime. In the end we're all fans of something that someone hates.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:27 am

FoolsGil wrote:Image
Glorious. Just glorious. :thumbup:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:45 pm

rereboy wrote:Nah, Naruto was good overall in its first arcs but it steadily started to go downhill and got worse and worse. Even its art became worse as time went on.

Or, they just disagree with your opinion. I can't comment on that personally though, since I read the manga 4 years ago, and I was reading the manga each week after that point without reading many chapters at once, so I don't have a precise opinion, other than that I really like Naruto in general, but I liked most of the War arc.

And Goku's last line ("Believe it.") in the image cracked me up, even though I dislike that people associate that dub-line with Naruto.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:41 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Or, they just disagree with your opinion.
That goes without saying. I'm saying my opinion about it as well, nobody is forced to agree with it.

I read a quote on another forum that I agree with about this so I'll put it here:
Monkey King wrote:It's pretty much undeniable that the Kishi who wrote Part 2 was no longer an artist, and just a guy doing a job for money.
He lost control of the plot in the Sasuke Pot arc (a terrible arc as well) and never got back on the horse.

The degradation of the art style into bland nothingness alone is proof of this.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 pm

That Naruto post killed me!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 am

...Well that can't be unseen.

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)