Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10375
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:48 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote: Your stuff about Goku being stronger than his USSJ form as a mere SSJ1 which is false.

your out-of-context Vegeta quote at the end of DB, etc.
It is ? Not according to Toriyama.

What was out of context about what I said about Vegeta's quote ?

etc. ? If there's anything else I'd like to know what.
The hell do you mean, "according to Toriyama"? Gohan states Goku could beat Cell as a USSJ. Goku decudes not to use it. Outside, Goku powers up as a regular SSJ1 for Karin and says he'd lose to Cell. There. You're wrong. Get over it.
At the time Gohan said that, the only Cell he had seen/sensed was Cell's 2nd form. Any statements made in the ROSAT would have to be referring to that form, as they weren't aware that Cell had become perfect until they emerged from the room.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Sorry. Not allowed to comment anymore. Because apparently debating is against the guidelines, despite them not but okay lol.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Debating is fine. Being absolutely fucking insufferable is not.

If you're an awesome person, you don't have to worry about anything. Keep things ON TOPIC, civil, helpful, informative, and something you wouldn't mind coming across and reading on your own were it to be posted elsewhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:13 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Debating is fine. Being absolutely fucking insufferable is not.

If you're an awesome person, you don't have to worry about anything. Keep things ON TOPIC, civil, helpful, informative, and something you wouldn't mind coming across and reading on your own were it to be posted elsewhere.
How was it being "insufferable", if I may ask? Especially considering there was no name-calling or anything of the like. Except the person who called me an "idiot" a few pages back. All I got was exhausted of people saying things with no concrete evidence. Any evidence that was given was misconstrued. So I got mad at that, but never flat-out called someone dumb or an idiot like I was called a few pages back.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:19 pm

If you don't have an account warning, stop worrying about things.

Continue the discussion on as normal per the terms outlined above. That's all there is to it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

User avatar
TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 924
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by TheAldella » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm just really scared about this movie flopping rather than it being good. It would likely discourage the team from continuing and we don't want that. The last thing we need is another unresolved plot line. Big deal if it's not as good as Battle of Gods. How many times have franchises hit a speed bump along the way? It would pain my heart to see something as big as the comeback of Dragon Ball fail.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:If you don't have an account warning, stop worrying about things.

Continue the discussion on as normal per the terms outlined above. That's all there is to it.
Not even sure how to tell what one even looks like. I either have never gotten one, or just haven't looked in the right place.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:23 pm

You know if you have one.

This part of the discussion is over.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

User avatar
Black Hawk
Regular
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm
Location: Beacon Academy

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm probably about to tread dangerous ground, but...surely I'm not the only one who hopes to see some Yamcha in 「F」, right? Given that Toriyama-sensei was the one who decided that Yamcha should become a baseball player after the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budōkai, I really want to know what he's been up to since the defeat of Bū. Toriyama-sensei mentioned that Yamcha also worked at a host club, worked as a freelance bodyguard with Pūaru, and even helped on Tenshinhan's farm, so I'd want to see some of that come up at some point in the movie, even if it's just a brief mention. Maybe he's even finally overcome his fear of women and found somebody...? (Given Toriyama-sensei's comments, I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one...)
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15306
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Since the trend seems to be bringing the cast circa the Freeza arc together, I would be surprised if Yamcha doesn't show up.
On hiatus.

User avatar
EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: NJ, 'MERICA

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Black Hawk wrote:Yamcha finally can overcome his fear of women and found somebody...?
Could that mean he is or at least was....? :shock:
Last edited by EXBadguy on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Capsule Corps

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Chuquita wrote:Since the trend seems to be bringing the cast circa the Freeza arc together, I would be surprised if Yamcha doesn't show up.
Think we'll see Dende and King Kai?

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:42 pm

I wouldn't mind Yamcha coming back to join Tenshinhan. Preferably with his long hair from the Saiyan/Freeza Arc, to mirror Kuririn shaving his head.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Black Hawk
Regular
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm
Location: Beacon Academy

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:43 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Think we'll see Dende and King Kai?
Given that Kaiō-sama was the one who first told Gokū about Freeza, I expect he'll probably appear, even if just to give a reaction to Freeza's return.
EXBadguy wrote:Could that mean he is or at least was....? :shock:
According to Toriyama-sensei, Yamcha will never overcome his fear and will likely die alone, which I hope, of all the things he's said, he'll forget. I really want to see Yamcha settle down with someone the way Gokū and Vegeta did.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15306
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:48 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Since the trend seems to be bringing the cast circa the Freeza arc together, I would be surprised if Yamcha doesn't show up.
Think we'll see Dende and King Kai?
Not sure on Dende, yes for Kaio (as he acts as exposition usually, and voices the narrator).
On hiatus.

User avatar
Retan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 am

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Retan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:50 pm

What about him accepting Bulma as his girlfriend at the end of the first saga in the series?
Last edited by Retan on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: NJ, 'MERICA

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:Could that mean he is or at least was....? :shock:
According to Toriyama-sensei, Yamcha will never overcome his fear and will likely die alone, which I hope, of all the things he's said, he'll forget. I really want to see Yamcha settle down with someone the way Gokū and Vegeta did.
Oh, I was gonna say if Yamcha was only afraid of women, he would've "turned the other cheek" if you know what I mean. Honestly, I'd be shocked if Toriyama made him like that.

Not that I have a problem with him being the first "kind" of fighter in the Z warriors, nor anyone else's preference.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

User avatar
Black Hawk
Regular
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm
Location: Beacon Academy

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:54 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Oh, I was gonna say if Yamcha was only afraid of women, he'd would've "turned the other cheek" if you know what I mean. Honestly, I'd be shocked if Toriyama made him like that.

Not that I have a problem with him being the first "kind" of fighter in the Z warriors, nor anyone else's preference.
I may just be dense or missing something, but afraid I'm not quite following. Could you elaborate, please? :|
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 4426
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:55 pm

I don't really understand how he still hasn't overcome his fear of females. In his debut he couldn't even be in the same presence as Bulma, but in later arcs he has no qualms interacting with Videl, Chi-Chi, etc. Seems like he got over it to me. :eh:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:57 pm

You know, I kind of wish the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer would return. I miss his commentary. I could just imagine him at a battle of gods (and other god level opponents). :D
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Post Reply