Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Captain Sauza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 pm

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks making Freeza this powerful is completely stupid.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Captain Sauza wrote:I hope I'm not the only one who thinks making Freeza this powerful is completely stupid.
Believe me, there are quite a few people who don't buy into Freeza becoming more powerful than a SSJG and think it is completely absurd. But then again, who thought that the concept SSJ God itself would have ever even existed in the first place? I mean, fighters becoming insanely powerful in a short space of time has been a thing in Dragon Ball for decades, so it's not like Freeza becoming absurdly powerful is breaking any "rules" of established "canon"

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:00 pm

coola wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LiDXgN ... e=youtu.be What is name of women that stands next to Ms. Nozawa?
That is Risa Yoshiki (吉木りさ).
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Captain Sauza wrote:I hope I'm not the only one who thinks making Freeza this powerful is completely stupid.
Making him this powerful isn't stupid. Making him this powerful through a short period of training is.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:12 pm

I'd love a scene where Pilaf and the gang re-gather the Dragon Balls, ask Shenron to make them older and then they get turned into the decrepit old farts we see at the start of GT :wink:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:27 pm

I want to see some "Gokû and Vegeta are classmates now." antics. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 pm

I want to see everything connected, that being said, flashbacks of Bardock and Gine. :wink:

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Making him this powerful isn't stupid. Making him this powerful through a short period of training is.
To be fair the fact that Frieza can go from his first form (which was already stronger than anybody around him) and become over two hundred times stronger by the time we see him at 100% without training is extremely impressive. I can totally imagine that even with just a little effort he could achieve a similar boost.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Barunks wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
To be fair the fact that Freeza can go from his first form (which was already stronger than anybody around him) and become over two hundred times stronger by the time we see him at 100% without training is extremely impressive. I can totally imagine that even with just a little effort he could achieve a similar boost.
Complety within reason when compared to how weak others were and where they had gotten by training.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Barunks wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
To be fair the fact that Freeza can go from his first form (which was already stronger than anybody around him) and become over two hundred times stronger by the time we see him at 100% without training is extremely impressive. I can totally imagine that even with just a little effort he could achieve a similar boost.
I agree. I'm not saying he shouldn't become much more powerful. But from the manga we read, he's implying he'll become stronger than Majin Buu, who in turn is stronger than the Androids, Perfect Cell (<-- has Frieza and Cold's genes!), SSJ2 Gohan, Dabura, Majin Vegeta, SSJ3 Gotenks, and SSJ3 Goku. This is assuming his boost is only that great. If in 4 months he reaches god level with nothing but training, then he will also be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, Buuhan, and Super Vegito. And I don't just mean stronger; all these characters listed will now be the equivalent of the farmer from the first episode of DBZ to him. From weaker to SSJ (i.e. an untrained SSJ who's likely weaker than Goten) to being able to flick away Super Vegito 4 months later.

That's just putting everything into perspective.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I agree. I'm not saying he shouldn't become much more powerful. But from the manga we read, he's implying he'll become stronger than Majin Buu, who in turn is stronger than the Androids, Perfect Cell (<-- has Freeza and Cold's genes!), SSJ2 Gohan, Dabura, Majin Vegeta, SSJ3 Gotenks, and SSJ3 Goku. This is assuming his boost is only that great. If in 4 months he reaches god level with nothing but training, then he will also be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, Buuhan, and Super Vegito. And I don't just mean stronger; all these characters listed will now be the equivalent of the farmer from the first episode of DBZ to him. From weaker to SSJ (i.e. an untrained SSJ who's likely weaker than Goten) to being able to flick away Super Vegito 4 months later.

Perfect Cell would be better villain to bring back than Freeza, also Cell training to be stronger than the Z-Fighters would be something far more acceptable

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 pm

[tquote="Captain Sauza"]I hope I'm not the only one who thinks making Freeza this powerful is completely stupid.[/quote]

Making him this powerful isn't stupid. Making him this powerful through a short period of training is.[/quote]

TI'm not saying he shouldn't become much more powerful. But from the manga we read, he's implying he'll become stronger than Majin Buu, who in turn is stronger than the Androids, Perfect Cell (<-- has Freeza and Cold's genes!), SSJ2 Gohan, Dabura, Majin Vegeta, SSJ3 Gotenks, and SSJ3 Goku. This is assuming his boost is only that great. If in 4 months he reaches god level with nothing but training, then he will also be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, Buuhan, and Super Vegito. And I don't just mean stronger; all these characters listed will now be the equivalent of the farmer from the first episode of DBZ to him. From weaker to SSJ (i.e. an untrained SSJ who's likely weaker than Goten) to being able to flick away Super Vegito 4 months later.

That's just putting everything into perspective.[/quote]

Has it been stated what kind of training he means? Cause if its insane 10 times tougher than ROSAT level day and night training I can buy him getting that insane of a boost.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:
And how could SSJ4 be less powerful than SSJG?

Super Saiyan God boosts Goku's powers significantly more than what Super Saiyan 4 does. I'm not entirely sure if this is true but I'm sure I read on here once that Super Saiyan 4 Goku was comparable to Super Vegito whereas Super Saiyan God Goku could be far stronger than SSJ3 Vegito.
It is stated in one of the anime comics for GT that Vegetto is perhaps even stronger than a SSJ4, we know Beerus is stronger than Vegetto, and so is God Goku IMO, both by a wide margin.
It is this really true? Beerus > SSJ3 Vegetto?

Impossible!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I agree. I'm not saying he shouldn't become much more powerful. But from the manga we read, he's implying he'll become stronger than Majin Buu, who in turn is stronger than the Androids, Perfect Cell (<-- has Freeza and Cold's genes!), SSJ2 Gohan, Dabura, Majin Vegeta, SSJ3 Gotenks, and SSJ3 Goku. This is assuming his boost is only that great. If in 4 months he reaches god level with nothing but training, then he will also be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, Buuhan, and Super Vegito. And I don't just mean stronger; all these characters listed will now be the equivalent of the farmer from the first episode of DBZ to him. From weaker to SSJ (i.e. an untrained SSJ who's likely weaker than Goten) to being able to flick away Super Vegito 4 months later.

Perfect Cell would be better villain to bring back then Freeza, also Cell training to be stronger than the Z-Fighters would be something far more acceptable
I strongly disagree. Thematically, Freeza is the more appropriate villain on account of how he's A) a regular mortal who was B) defeated by Goku and C) the only one of Goku's former rivals who hasn't been redeemed in some way (Tenshinhan is revealed to be mean, not evil; Piccolo Daimao reincarnates as Piccolo Ma Junior; Piccolo becomes good; Vegeta becomes good; Kid Buu reincarnates). Plus, there's no reason to assume it's impossible for Freeza to make good on his training claims. All we know about him is that he's impossibly strong, uses his first form to conserve energy, and is capable of becoming ridiculously stronger by virtue of transforming.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:It is this really true? Beerus > SSJ3 Vegetto?

Impossible!
The extended edition of BoG says that Beerus is the strongest opponent we've ever seen and has Goku believing that fusion with Vegeta might not be enough to defeat him.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:It is this really true? Beerus > SSJ3 Vegetto?

Impossible!
Yeah that's what's been implied. He's at least twice as strong as SSJ3 Vegito.

Rozay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rozay » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 pm

I actually rather watch Frieza plot-hole his way into being on par with God Goku than watch Cell being revived. I don't like Cell that much, as you can tell.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 pm

You are not alone.

I don't like that dumb thing that make Freeza be so powerful in such little time!!!

The powers of the enemies after his arc and the powers of the Saiyans in recent times, are very very far away on the Freeza imagination.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Cell wouldn't be as interesting as Freeza. Freeza has a span of time in his life that can be used for further development. Cell's entire life and character (or lack thereof) was summed up in the series. With Freeza we can explore the concept of this man who has never really had to try or suffer to earn something. Now he has, as has been promoted. This will be a life experience for the character, something that will hold a little more gravitas than with someone like Cell or Majin Buu. Freeza learning the rewarding feeling of overcoming one's self will be a great story to behold.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Rozay wrote:I actually rather watch Freeza plot-hole his way into being on par with God Goku than watch Cell being revived. I don't like Cell that much, as you can tell.
I would enjoy either, but I do like the idea of Frieza coming back more than Cell. I would still pay to see a cell revival movie after this one, no matter how many "they're milking the series" comments I see (as long as it's good like this one will be.)
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.