If Goku HAD fused with Mr. Satan...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:20 am

Mr.Piccolo wrote:Zero plus zero is still zero. :P
Come on, you gotta give Ten more credit than that. I mean he keeps Chaozu in tip top shape. :)

-rick[/quote]
Did that sound dirty to anyone else?

*goes back to planning drag video*

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:48 am

I don't see how that sounded dirty? *takes this as a sign of innocence and keeps going*

Well, do we include filler on gauging Ten/Yamcha/Chaotzu's abilities? (Too many spellings for short vampire clown puppet child with telekinesis! I will call him Q-Zu from now on! *knights Q-Zu and sends him on a secret mission that explains why he either didn't get better or didn't fight... ever... after Nappa*).

Well, Tenshinhan kept Cell down for a little while, and Yamcha... umm... did cool stuff in filler...
So if they fused in the Cell ark, they probably would have at least been able to not die while fighting form2 or possibly perfect Cell. (Well, ok, so Trunks and Vegeta had trouble with the Cell Jrs, and Yamhan probably wouldn't exceed them in strength).

So... why did Tenshinhan not go to the Buu-saga tournament? I'm sure it would have confounded the plot... but it seems out of character.

*ahem*. But concerning Mr. Satan+ Goku, who for some bizarre reason I called Sato in a really really really bad fanfic that I'm considering rewriting...
Mr. Satan has martial arts experience and is a little above average for a human (Next to the Z-senshi and such, he's the strongest human, right? Or am I forgetting people?). And he did a good job of surviving when he challenged Buu-- Mr. Satan seems to be a tactics guy, so I think there would have been enough benefit from his fusion with Goku that they might have gotten somewhere in fighting Buu. Perhaps they could have tried the multiform technique (assuming that they could figure it out, though I doubt it) and pull some Gurrilla warfare on da Buu. Or combine Mr. Satan's tricky tactics with Shunkan-iido... Rolling Instant Transmission! Dynamite Kamehameha!

... Wait, didn't Dende try to heal Tenshinhan after Buu kicked the crap out of him? What became of that? Did he survive? Did he get healed and run away? I mean... what?
And Q-Zu... didn't he survive Buu's genecide attack? So what... was he just chillin at the Crane Sanctum or something? Or did he use his telekinetic powers to fly into space with a forcefield around him filled with air and secretly survive the explosion of the planet, only to be capped by Kid Buu when he tried out his power?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:54 pm

In Budokai 2 the fusion does give you some extra power.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:08 pm

Jord wrote:In Budokai 2 the fusion does give you some extra power.
The fusion of Goku and Satan? Logically, characters like Satan shouldn't stand a chance against anybody in the game. But if that were the case, everybody would main (pick) Gogeta, Vegetto, etc.

-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:01 pm

Satan isn't a bad character in the Budokai games, but he absolutely sucks in the Sparking/Tenkaichi games.

*remembers the mission from Sparking where you have to survive Kid Boo as Satan for a while*
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:51 pm

I was able to use Hercule in BT1 but in BT2 he's just horrible. You can use him in a real fight. I usually end up having him grapple throw and giving a present.

They should use his Ultimate Battle 22 version where he doesn't us any ki and uses bombs and bazookas.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:29 pm

DragonBall Z Vol. 26 Page 8 [with a slight correction by me]:

Goku: "But adding Mr. Satan to my strength wont do me any good! It'll probably make me weaker!

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:57 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I actually suspect Goku's power would've gone up considerably from fusing with Mr. Satan; maybe not enough to defeat Majin Boo, but enough. And why? Because as they've said a number of times throughout the series, a Saiyan-Human hybrid is an extremly powerful combination. It doesn't really matter that Mr. Satan himself is weak, just that he would contribute his human DNA and give Goku's Saiyan powers a boost.
I have a theory about that. Perhaps the reason why Gohan is so powerful, and the other half Saiyajins after him, isn't because of the human counterpart, but the rise in their father's strength. They'd judge Saiyajins based on their parent's ability, and their power at birth. Those factors determined who they were and what they could do for their entire life. Except for Kakarotto, who went on to become Son Goku and gain crazy strength, learning tactics that Freeza, Cold and their Empire never knew. (Ki sensing, and the like). So naturally, his son is going to be judged at a much higher potential, if their system works (assuming that Kakarotto was the only one to not follow the system, but he's a special case.)

Sorry for being off topic, and I know that it's probably not that complicated.