The DB fanbase is degrading fast!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

The DB fanbase is degrading fast!

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu May 07, 2015 9:24 am

Just when I thought I've heard it all from the typical Nozawa/Japanese hater of the series. I was scrolling through threads on the internet and came across a kid saying "i was hoping Nozawa would die before they started Super." Can you believe it? These so-called "fans" are waiting for Nozawa to die now...They don't just hate on her now, they are taking it a step beyond that.
His prior comments are pure hatred and shit-talking towards the actress and her ability to actually act and play Goku as opposed to Schemmel's amateurish acting from the early 2000's. The typical Nozawa hater continuously calls someone a "weaboo" if they oppose their perspective.

Does anyone else here besides me feel a huge strain on their enjoyment of the series due to people like this? How are they a "weaboo" for liking the iconic version of Goku and the Japanese original?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: The DB fanbase is degrading fast!

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu May 07, 2015 9:27 am

Ow. Those are some sick demented fans who wish death upon others. :sick:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu May 07, 2015 9:37 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Ow. Those are some sick demented fans who wish death upon others. :sick:
Demented indeed. But the fact that nostalgia kids are waiting for her to die saddens me. That's like waiting for Mark Hamill to die after playing Luke Skywalker.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Thu May 07, 2015 9:42 am

You poor internet virgin... brace yourself, because it's not the worst thing you can find in Internet. Being in many fandoms I've seen much, much worse things, even if I haven't searched for them. If it makes you feel better- I've meet Lord of the Rings fans who wished Peter Jackson to die (sound of Tolkien rolling in his grave).

Contrary to SF visionaries nobody needs and grants permission to use Internet, so everyone can post- kids too young to know better, people with no standards in either way, with violence issues IRL and so on... there's also a problem that when inability to see personal reaction turns people into douches. Those people were, are and will be I'm afraid. I don't doubt that there are DB communities that allow that kind of language- they exist in every fandom. But alongside you find places of better quality that promote proper language and behaviour that encourage exchange of thought. :wink:
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 am

Shitty kids on the Internet are shitty kids on the Internet.

Don't visit those places.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu May 07, 2015 9:57 am

In the internet thats normal. I find Nozawa san's voice charming but I want her to stop voicing Goku/Gohan and Goten or if possible voice just 1 of them. She is too old now I feel bad if she shouts again (I have a soft spot for old timers) There are tons of new seiyuu's in the anime industry, a lot of them has the potential to voice Goku/Gohan and Goten.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 am

if you think that's bad then what do think of getting a swat team sent to you're house because someone you beat in an online game was a soar loser ?

the Internet is a very messed up place nowadays to the point where wishing death on someone is considered very small compared to the other things that go on here.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 am

As a huge fan of Nozawa, I will gladly stand before that kid with mirror to blast back the deathwish.
It's just internet full of retards. You know, Kanzenshuu is one of the three message boards I am part of and probably only one where I engage more frequently,
because there are normal people and it is fun to discuss (also lot of people tolerates my harsh and sarcastic attitude, which is just my sense of humour).

I don't even read comments on youtube, nor do I reply to them. It will only drain the remaining time of my life left...
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Ow. Those are some sick demented fans who wish death upon others. :sick:
And just cuz they don't like the way their voice sounds.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:22 am

It's same old same old. Kelamis actually received threats of violence because he took over the voice of Goku. Thats actually worse.. so I don't think it's degrading, Anime (and any fanbase for that matter) has it's share of :wtf: :lol:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 07, 2015 10:39 am

Sadly the internet enables a lot of people to, fairly anonymously, voice opinions that they would probably never actually verbalize in real life. I wonder if it's the same guy that said that on ANN once, though either way, I'll say the same thing I said then - to wish for someone to die over something as stupid as not liking their work when it's purely for entertainment purposes, is beyond stupid, and just plain sickening. And that's regardless of if they're wishing death upon someone on the English or Japanese side of things - it's still sickening.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

damn
Beyond Newbie

Post by damn » Thu May 07, 2015 11:06 am

VegettoEX wrote:Shitty kids on the Internet are shitty kids on the Internet.

Sad thing is they're probably not kids and they're probably 25+ years old

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu May 07, 2015 11:11 am

VegettoEX wrote:Shitty kids on the Internet are shitty kids on the Internet.

Sad thing about fanboys is that they're 20, 30 and even 40 years old. :| YouTube's filled with videos of grown men defending their favourite plastic console as if their life depends on it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 am

Welcome to the internet, OWmyDragonBallz. Those kind of comments are only the tip of the iceberg. It can get much, much, much more vile.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu May 07, 2015 11:38 am

When you're a kid, you generally have yet to develop the skills to adequately and maturely express your opinions. Likewise, when you're a kid, and you have internet access, you'll take great advantage of the anonymity to make yourself sound "edgy" and "cool". These amalgamate to create the kind of posters you have encountered there.

I wouldn't let it bother you. Most probably grow out of that. I doubt he actually feels the way he claims to about others' well being, and if he does that's likely due to naivety about how the world works.

In any case, that asshole is in no way a demonstrative sample of the state of the Dragon Ball fanbase. I wouldn't worry about the state of the general fanbase because of it. Sure, there are subbies vs dubbies, Budokai fans vs Tenkaichi fans, GT fans vs BoG/RF fans, anime fans vs manga fans, etc, etc, etc, but every fanbase has its splinter groups, which all contain children that make the entirety of each splinter group (and consequently the entire fanbase) look bad. Just have to counter it as much as possible by being a civil, mature, reasonable, and well-intentioned fan who is willing and able to clearly convey their viewpoints.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu May 07, 2015 11:55 am

It's those kinds of people who really do give not just dub fans, but the entire fanbase a bad name. It's sometimes pretty shocking to read things people type online over a TV show. Not liking a performance is one thing, but actually wishing harm on the actor is taking things to an extreme.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu May 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Sounds like a typically xenophobic dubbie who's to afraid to admit they like a foreign show to me. (Yes, I know not all dub fans act like this.)

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu May 07, 2015 1:15 pm

These types you are describing is why I don't visit anywhere else on the internet for Dragonball related information. The fans here are the only ones I care to communicate and share ideas with. Try Googling anything Dragonball related, and the mucky pit of fan-rage, hoax images, baseless click-bait articles, internet perpetuated fan-myths and opinions, virus-loading "Full-episode and Movie download" scams, creepy and disturbing fan-art and fan-fics, and general Broly fan-wank becomes too much a swamp of despair to attempt a wade-through.

I tip my hat to Mike and associates for creating a place for us to visit for accurate information, and a sane place to discuss the franchise as a whole. Next time you (you in general, not anyone specific) think the forum rules are too strict or unfair or unreasonable in whatever way, I invite you to try Googling Dragonball again and see what the alternatives are. This site is a safe haven for the dedicated fan that wants to separate from the run of the mill dregs out there.

It is the same reason I only play games online with people I know or meet through people I know. The dregs of the internet are there too, and they will put your patience for nonsense to the test. Internet anonymity, coupled with social media and online gaming has given a whole generation a soapbox to shout from at a very early age.

Sometimes I'm glad that my entertainment came from rabbit ears on a dial-tuned tube television, my music from vinyl discs on a turntable, and my outgoing telephone calls via a rotary-dialed phone when I was growing up. The stupid things said in my youth died soon after I said them, witnessed only by whomever was physically present at the time they were said, and hopefully completely forgotten by this point in time. Today's kids may very well have things said online come back to haunt them someday, the internet isn't 100% anonymous anymore, if it ever was.

The times are changing, and the internet is evolving along with it. You just have to find the few pockets of sanity out there, support those sites, and avoid most everywhere else. Just as in real life, there are rough neighborhoods online, and worse places you don't want to be.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

The Desert Bandit
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Desert Bandit » Thu May 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Sadly the internet enables a lot of people to, fairly anonymously, voice opinions that they would probably never actually verbalize in real life. I wonder if it's the same guy that said that on ANN once, though either way, I'll say the same thing I said then - to wish for someone to die over something as stupid as not liking their work when it's purely for entertainment purposes, is beyond stupid, and just plain sickening. And that's regardless of if they're wishing death upon someone on the English or Japanese side of things - it's still sickening.
Agreed. Not liking something made by a company is very idiotic. That's like saying that if I don't like hamburgers that I should kill anyone who cooks that. It's not just DB fans, but people in general go beyond the call of duty and say terrible things like that.
PSN: Jak1739
I'm always up for Xenoverse battles!
Xenoverse character name: Aros
Race: Earthling

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu May 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Its a free world,everyone writes what they want.Dont judge the rest by what one person says.