"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ffxiimaniac
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by ffxiimaniac » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:54 am

Cursemark505 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:
Yeah but atleast it was something that even his editor choose to not ignore, he knew the series was starting to become shit after Freeza arc.
I've heard that his editors were very heavily involved throughout the Android/Cell arcs. On top of that; many, many, many people consider Cell/Androids to be one of if not the best arcs in the series (myself included). There are plenty of shounen series' with "old farts" and ladies that fight.
The Artificial humans saga was really messy. A few people considering it the best arc doesn't really mean anything.
Looking at it from a more objective standpoint, it had tons of problems and the writing was not good.
Please don't make the mistake thatdbzguy used to make. Don't state your opinions as facts. I don't see the andriod saga as the best, but I don't say that it's not means that those who do love it equals "not really meaning anything" We can all form our own opinions on which sagas/shows we like best. I'd rather leave it at that. Now if you want to discuss why you feel this way, feel free to do so. On the non-dbsuper forum.

pappy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by pappy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:28 am

MagicBox wrote:Yeah, I get that people can watch simulcasts at their leisure (and thank goodness for that, or I'd never see a single episode!). It's just... I dunno. I guess I'm just irked by how much better Toei could have handled this whole thing. Every hour they wait, they're losing people. Folks are already scouting around for fansub groups. They want to consume this show ASAP. Toei could have ended this conversation immediately. They just don't realize what a gold mine they're sitting on. I have no doubts FUNi is jumping through hoops for it, which makes the situation even more disheartening.

But hell, FUNi could announce the whole thing tomorrow and all this typing would be for nothing, so what do I know? :P
I hear ya man (or girl), the only excuse I can think of, at the moment, is that Toei dropped the ball when it came to filling Kai's time slot and this thing needed to be such a rush job that they couldn't handle whatever goes into releasing this thing globally. The advertising revenue they get from that single slot must be stuck in the Twilight Zone where it's worth 10 times as much as any other, so they're not that that worried about pushing this thing to the rest of the world. Hopefully I'm wrong and they're just being mysterious as opposed to incompetent though... But it really feels like more of the latter to me. (That pathetic teaser twitter countdown should have have started at 3 days to go, considering what they showed us. "Is it really okay to show this? Teehee.")

I'd love for them to shut me up with a simulcast though.
I love you love Mashirito.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:42 am

GokuRules987 wrote:
Some old fart Dr.Gero fighting against ladies, how can you consider that a shounen series? Having mad ass scientist appear who happens to collect of all the villians DNA that goku fought to use against him. Thats something you would see only in DC/Marvel comics.
But yeah after the introduction of Super Saiyan 2 you could definitely start to hear cows crying with all their milk being milked away and thats when we knew that Toriyama was out of ideas which later he managed to fix by introducing Super Saiyan 3
I...sort of...fail to see the problems with...any of this. We've had old villains before (King Piccolo, Crane Hermit), and if you're saying the presence of women is apparently a bad thing...I...don't really know what to say to that.

Gero wasn't any more of an asspull than, say, Raditz and the revelation that Goku was an alien the whole time. And insulting Marvel/DC comics...doesn't really equal a criticism of Dragon Ball...all it'll do is anger comics fans.

(And the reason SSJ2 wasn't that big a change was that it wasn't even meant to be a new form originally. It was just "Gohan's full hidden power unleashed", and it was retroactively made into an official form in the Buu Saga.)

Sorry if I'm starting an off-topic debate. I'm just a bit confused by a lot of this.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:45 am

ffxiimaniac wrote:
Cursemark505 wrote: The Artificial humans saga was really messy. A few people considering it the best arc doesn't really mean anything.
Looking at it from a more objective standpoint, it had tons of problems and the writing was not good.
Please don't make the mistake thatdbzguy used to make. Don't state your opinions as facts. I don't see the andriod saga as the best, but I don't say that it's not means that those who do love it equals "not really meaning anything" We can all form our own opinions on which sagas/shows we like best. I'd rather leave it at that. Now if you want to discuss why you feel this way, feel free to do so. On the non-dbsuper forum.
On top of that, I didn't say "a few people". I said many (many, many) people. Most of the people I've talked to list either the Freeza or Cell arcs as their favorites.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:41 am

ffxiimaniac wrote:Don't state your opinions as facts

The Artificial humans saga did have a lot of problems. This isn't my opinion.
I don't see the andriod saga as the best, but I don't say that it's not means that those who do love it equals "not really meaning anything

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Sorry.
We can all form our own opinions on which sagas/shows we like best. I'd rather leave it at that.

No one said you couldn't do that.
Now if you want to discuss why you feel this way, feel free to do so. On the non-dbsuper forum

I'd rather not. My intention was not to have an entire discussion on this subject to begin with.

MockinMajin

Post by MockinMajin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:29 am

Big Momma wrote: I've heard that his editors were very heavily involved throughout the Android/Cell arcs. On top of that; many, many, many people consider Cell/Androids to be one of if not the best arcs in the series (myself included).
Me to! The Freeza arc is probably my least favorite actually. Mostly because a lot of it drags on way too long i guess, i don't know.

Android > Cell > Tournament and then from the Supreme Kai showing up onwards, that's the best stuff imho. :thumbup:

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:39 am

We have roughly 12 hours until "Super" airs, so let's try to remain on-topic and bring things back around to "Super". If you really want to continue these other conversations, we have plenty of other places you can do so. Thanks!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:42 am

Piccolo and Trunks seiyuu's comments were added to the official site:
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/ ... index.html
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:29 am

BTW just asking, will anyone post live stream of Super link here or it isn't allowed ?

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:40 am

They're posting these interesting voice actor comments daily?

... And this couldn't have been part of the Twitter countdown because...?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Zetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zetto » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:47 am

So FUNimation hasn't announced anything yet. This is a bump. Fansubs aren't always as bad as described in this thread, but an official release will save us all.
Possibly one of the biggest
Greek Dragon Ball Fans.

ドラゴンボール Ντράγκονμπολ

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:54 am

SSJGBGoku wrote:BTW just asking, will anyone post live stream of Super link here or it isn't allowed ?
I suggest a quick read-thru of the general rules, and for that matter, I recommend everyone brush up on the general rules for this section. There may not be any warnings given to those posting links, as the rules and this post should serve as ample warning.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Toei just pulled off some mind bendingly beautiful shots in Crystal this week. If they can lend some of that to Super I don't know what. (☆▽☆)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Big Momma wrote: I've heard that his editors were very heavily involved throughout the Android/Cell arcs. On top of that; many, many, many people consider Cell/Androids to be one of if not the best arcs in the series (myself included). There are plenty of shounen series' with "old farts" and ladies that fight. And if you think Super Saiyan 3 was any more "original" than 2...then I dunno what to tell you.
Just because he told Toriyama to change his final form cell design didn't made his editor that heavily in the Android/Cell arc.
Also there is a big noticable in ssj2 and ssj3 design, different face, different hair and more sinister look which looks badass but anyway
Cell/Androids were actually one of the worst DBZ arcs and there is even an interview with Torishima that talks about it.

Kobayashi: “Dragon Ball is something of a national phenomenon now. How do you feel about [the series] now, viewing it from a distance?

Torishima: “Well…I wonder when it should end.”

Kobayashi: “Yes, it would be difficult to do a finale. Have you ever thought specifically about when it should finish?”

Torishima: “Of course, it should have ended with the Frieza Saga.”

Or, to put it another way, Akira Toriyama shouldn’t have bothered writing the Cell and Buu Sagas that came after that. Torishima went on to say that he thinks if Dragon Ball had ended with the Frieza Saga, Toriyama could have gone on to write a third hit manga. As it was, he continued with Dragon Ball, without Torishima’s editorship, and hasn’t written another major series.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/06/08/d ... er-editor/
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:24 pm

So today is the day... I can't believe it. It feels like it just yesterday that this series was announced and I couldn't believe that we were getting another one after all these years. I thought it was just the same old rumors that have been spreading around for years but it wasn't the case this time, we are actually getting a new series and I'm so excited! I hope to find some legitimate way of watching it soon because this is something I don't wanna miss.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Hujio wrote:
SSJGBGoku wrote:BTW just asking, will anyone post live stream of Super link here or it isn't allowed ?
I suggest a quick read-thru of the general rules, and for that matter, I recommend everyone brush up on the general rules for this section. There may not be any warnings given to those posting links, as the rules and this post should serve as ample warning.
Are we allowed to say the names of fansubbers that are doing a good job, or no? I never watch fansubs so I'm afraid I'll just find one that is really bad.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:32 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Hujio wrote:
Are we allowed to say the names of fansubbers that are doing a good job, or no? I never watch fansubs so I'm afraid I'll just find one that is really bad.
Well, aynone with google can find himself a means to watch it. Most fansubers sucks anyway, so I'll watch it, but wait for a better subs in official release :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:36 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Hujio wrote:
Seeing how name-dropping subbers would make it absurdly easy for anyone to find said subbers on their own, almost certainly not.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:42 pm

MockinMajin wrote: Me to! The Freeza arc is probably my least favorite actually. Mostly because a lot of it drags on way too long i guess, i don't know.

Android > Cell > Tournament and then from the Supreme Kai showing up onwards, that's the best stuff imho. :thumbup:
See! How can you even consider yourself a dragon ball fan if you think Frieza saga was your least favorite? huh

So Goku and his friends set of to namek to look for dragon balls so that they could revive their dead friends that were killed by the saiyans while at the same time meeting their next foe who was also there after the dragon balls to grant his immortality. The Plot in the Frieza saga was a lot better than any later DBZ saga's who just happened to have villains that wanted to kill Goku. Also when Goku first time became a super saiyan after loosing his friend krillin!!! Are you serious, you think this was least favorite moment? ssj2 and ssj3 cant even compare to that.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:43 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
MockinMajin wrote: Me to! The Freeza arc is probably my least favorite actually. Mostly because a lot of it drags on way too long i guess, i don't know.

See! How can you even consider yourself a dragon ball fan if you think Freeza saga was your least favorite? huh
Calling someone "not a true fan" because their opinion is different to yours is not cool.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama