"Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others".

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others".

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:42 pm

MDSTSSJ wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Goku wasn't sure if he would be able to beat Oob, and I don't buy that Goku managed to surpass his SS3 from 5 years ago in his base, when he couldn't surpass Freeza after 14 years + 1 year in RoSaT.
Kakarotto says the same thing in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai about Mr. Boo who is a lot weaker than Fat Boo and Pure Boo. You really think that Kakarotto could lose against Mr. Buu in his SSJ3 form? He's clearly talking that he maybe could lose against them in his base state.
Goku says that Boo may lose to Oob, not that he may lose to Boo.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:57 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
MDSTSSJ wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Goku wasn't sure if he would be able to beat Oob, and I don't buy that Goku managed to surpass his SS3 from 5 years ago in his base, when he couldn't surpass Freeza after 14 years + 1 year in RoSaT.
Kakarotto says the same thing in the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai about Mr. Boo who is a lot weaker than Fat Boo and Pure Boo. You really think that Kakarotto could lose against Mr. Buu in his SSJ3 form? He's clearly talking that he maybe could lose against them in his base state.
Goku says that Boo may lose to Oob, not that he may lose to Boo.
Well, Goku does tell Mr. Satan that someone other than they or Buu could end up facing him in the finals. That would seem to imply that Buu has a chance.
Chapter: 518 (DBZ 324), P6.5
Goku: “…But someone besides us and Boo might win.”
Satan: “Hahhahhah, now really! There’s no way that could happen, right?”
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Well, who did Goku refer to with "us"? Just Goku and Vegeta? I think he was referring to every strong person that was participating.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:There isn't any definitive proof that puts SS3 Goku & Enraged SS2 Vegeta above U. Gohan & SS Gotenks in BoG.
It is not exactly a proof but..
◾“The Menacing Power of the God of Destruction” details more about Birusu. A relationship chart is included that shows Birusu and Uisu not connected to any of the other gods but each other. “Uisu” is listed with the title of “attendant”, exactly the same as Mr. Popo is to Earth’s God and Kibito to Kaiōshin. What sort of connection Birusu has with the Kaiō and Kaiōshin is enveloped in mystery, but it appears he is a being who can strike fear in even the Kaiōshin, beings themselves who possess abilities beyond human comprehension. The overwhelming power of Birusu, God of Destruction, is said to outdo even that of Goku, who has surpassed Super Saiyan. The God of Destruction’s power is in another dimension altogether.
Chōzenshū 1 still treats Goku like a big deal when comparing him to Beerus. It's strange that it doesn't make comparisons with characters that are supposedly far stronger than Goku.
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 am

It's strange anyway, because it sounds like it's hyping up Goku for having Super Saiyan 2 (which is what surpassing Super Saiyan is) which is just hilariously not impressive anymore. "Beers is stronger than a Super Saiyan 2! We needed to tell you this, because he didn't directly fight one, and you wouldn't know from him beating up Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Ultimate Gohan, and Boo!"
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 am

Saiga wrote:It's strange anyway, because it sounds like it's hyping up Goku for having Super Saiyan 2 (which is what surpassing Super Saiyan is)
Pretty sure that's just their (pointlessly roundabout) way of referring to Super Saiyan 3. Really, they're saying "Super Saiyans are, like, super-strong, and Goku's even stronger than that, and Beers is way stronger than that!"
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:55 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:There isn't any definitive proof that puts SS3 Goku & Enraged SS2 Vegeta above U. Gohan & SS Gotenks in BoG.
It is not exactly a proof but..
◾“The Menacing Power of the God of Destruction” details more about Birusu. A relationship chart is included that shows Birusu and Uisu not connected to any of the other gods but each other. “Uisu” is listed with the title of “attendant”, exactly the same as Mr. Popo is to Earth’s God and Kibito to Kaiōshin. What sort of connection Birusu has with the Kaiō and Kaiōshin is enveloped in mystery, but it appears he is a being who can strike fear in even the Kaiōshin, beings themselves who possess abilities beyond human comprehension. b][The overwhelming power of Birusu, God of Destruction, is said to outdo even that of Goku, who has surpassed Super Saiyan. The God of Destruction’s power is in another dimension altogether.[/b]
Chōzenshū 1 still treats Goku like a big deal when comparing him to Beerus. It's strange that it doesn't make comparisons with characters that are supposedly far stronger than Goku.
Well, Gohan & Gotenks were stronger than Goku because they were going to replace Goku as the protagonists of the series, but eventually Goku took back the place. Now, they just create hype with the main character, along with everyone else, not been able to beat this new villain that is more powerful than Majin Boo. Besides, Gohan's BoG bio says that Gohan has power surpassing that of a pure Saiyan, implying that he is stronger than Goku & Vegeta.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 am

I dont understand why this is still being debated.

Pre-BOG Gotenks was surpassed only by Gohan and Vegito.

Post-BOG hes only surpassed by Goku, Vegito, and Gohan.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: In a tournament setting? Yes, I think he could lose. Goku can only last 5 or so minutes in SSJ3, so he's definitely not going to outlast Buu, regardless of his strength superiority. He's not going to annihilate Buu, since killing in a tournament is bad and all, and punching Buu doesn't accomplish anything. Short of just killing him, Goku can't really do anything to Buu, and he'll eventually tire himself out.
Ignoring that, Kakarotto is well known to learn the skills to perfection of other enemies to avoid falling into the same mistake again and that's why EoZ SSJ3 Kakarotto could one shot Mr. Boo. First, there is no comparison between their powers like you pretty much said and second, Kakarotto knows Mr. Boo regeneration and other things. One powerful Kamehameha from SSJ3 Kakarotto, would kill Mr. Boo instantly!

Never in this life or another, Kakarotto would transform in to SSJ3 in a Tenkaichi Budokai and that's the main factor that he would lose against Mr. Boo and Oob. And again that's why I'm pretty sure that Kakarotto says that " someone besides us ( Z warriors ) and Mr. Boo might win " referring to his base form.

Yes, Mr. Boo beat base Kakarotto. Yes, enraged Oob beat base Kakarotto. There is no doubt about that!!!

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Why would Buu let Goku sit there and charge up and full power Kamehameha and then allow Goku to hit him with it?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 pm

If Goku kills Boo at the tournament, then he loses. That's the rules.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Saiga wrote:If Goku kills Boo at the tournament, then he loses. That's the rules.
That's what I was saying above. Goku can't kill Buu, he can't sustain SSJ3 long enough to knock him out, and any damage he does to Buu short of killing him is instantly regenerated. Short of a ring-out, I'm not seeing how Buu is beatable in a tournament setting.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Draken wrote:Why would Buu let Goku sit there and charge up and full power Kamehameha and then allow Goku to hit him with it?
We are talking about Kakarotto, one of the most skilled figthers in the entire Universe. You remember the Super Kamehameha that blow half of the Perfect Cell body? He cheated Perfect Cell easy, a being much smarter than Mr. Boo. Mr. Boo is a dumb figther with incredible skills! If you are a dumb and you are not on guard, you can die!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Actually now that I think about it, it'd be hilariously easy for Goku to get a ring out. Gohan et al were on the ground, so he can teleport to them. Easy - grab opponent, make sure you're higher up than them, teleport to Gohan or any of the others. Opponent is then touching the ground and Goku isn't.

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:54 pm

Saiga wrote:Actually now that I think about it, it'd be hilariously easy for Goku to get a ring out. Gohan et al were on the ground, so he can teleport to them. Easy - grab opponent, make sure you're higher up than them, teleport to Gohan or any of the others. Opponent is then touching the ground and Goku isn't.
The problem is blitzing them. If even Perfect Cell could react to Goku's IT there's no way in hell Gohan couldn't.

And Goku wouldn't kill Buu so I'm not sure where you're trying to go, we're talking about Goku vs Buu in the TB.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Saiga wrote:If Goku kills Boo at the tournament, then he loses. That's the rules.
Yes, that's the rules. I was talking about hypothetical way! :thumbup:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: That's what I was saying above. Goku can't kill Buu, he can't sustain SSJ3 long enough to knock him out, and any damage he does to Buu short of killing him is instantly regenerated. Short of a ring-out, I'm not seeing how Buu is beatable in a tournament setting.
Come on Kamiccolo, you believe that Kakarotto forgot the Boo's regeneration? Seriously??? Goku has said many times that same technique does not work 2 times against him. Goku knew how to beat Pure Boo when he fight against him. One minute energy charge yes but, 10 years later he could not perfect a faster technique knowing that he ( who asked his reincarnation ) would return to fight Boo?? Seriously???

Come on guys, open your mind a little!! :thumbup:

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:01 am

Draken wrote:
Saiga wrote:Actually now that I think about it, it'd be hilariously easy for Goku to get a ring out. Gohan et al were on the ground, so he can teleport to them. Easy - grab opponent, make sure you're higher up than them, teleport to Gohan or any of the others. Opponent is then touching the ground and Goku isn't.
The problem is blitzing them. If even Perfect Cell could react to Goku's IT there's no way in hell Gohan couldn't.

And Goku wouldn't kill Buu so I'm not sure where you're trying to go, we're talking about Goku vs Buu in the TB.
I wasn't talking about him using this to beat Gohan, but the others in the tournament. Gohan was on the ground spectating so Goku could use his ki as a way of quickly teleported directly to the ground. And Cell reacted because he was faster than Goku, if Goku was at least close enough to his opponent's speed (which for anyone registered in that tournament, he would be, even if he had to use SS3) he can pull it off.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 am

But Goku hate easy fights! Kakarotto likes hand to hand combats with bruises, cuts, arms broken, etc.

Now if Goku wants to play, I can see it as you describe!!!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 am

MDSTSSJ wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: That's what I was saying above. Goku can't kill Buu, he can't sustain SSJ3 long enough to knock him out, and any damage he does to Buu short of killing him is instantly regenerated. Short of a ring-out, I'm not seeing how Buu is beatable in a tournament setting.
Come on Kamiccolo, you believe that Kakarotto forgot the Boo's regeneration? Seriously??? Goku has said many times that same technique does not work 2 times against him. Goku knew how to beat Pure Boo when he fight against him. One minute energy charge yes but, 10 years later he could not perfect a faster technique knowing that he ( who asked his reincarnation ) would return to fight Boo?? Seriously???

Come on guys, open your mind a little!! :thumbup:
He knew how to kill Buu. He can't kill him in a tournament. I have said repeatedly, I'm referring to a hypothetical fight in a tournament setting. Aside from knocking him out of the ring, I don't see how Goku could beat Buu in a tournament. Punching Buu doesn't work; he just regenerates. Blowing holes in him, or even blowing him up doesn't work; he just regenerates. Buu's stamina is virtually limitless; Goku can only last 5 or so minutes in SSJ3. Since he can't kill Buu, Goku doesn't have a way of putting him down. Buu would just outlast him, regardless of the strength difference. And like you said above, Goku wouldn't resort to cheap methods to teleport Buu out of the ring.

In a real fight to the death, sure, Goku could kill Buu. But I'm talking about at the Budokai.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 am

I actually think that Buu Saga Goku at least would lose to Mr. Buu.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.