Insights and Questions from the New Special

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Gozar wrote:...It would see that way. They did it quicker and I doubt it even has a time limit (Pure speculation).
On another note, I was wondering about #18’s comments regarding Tarble’s combat strength. She said that she sensed “a powerful Ki approaching”. Vegeta said that Tarble was “sent to a remote star because he could not fight” by their father. So apparently in light of #18’s comment Tarble may have been born with an impressive combat strength but for some strange reason he lacked the Saiyan ability to fight. Does anyone have any thoughts on this point?
I take it as he was born a weakling but developed his skills.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:46 am

I take it as his battle power was higher than everyone else' on Earth, minus the Z warriors.

Edit: My friend just pointed this out to me.

Does Marron actually have a nose in this shot?

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 am

B-kun wrote:As pointed out in the first thread, she sensed ki in the Buu arc.
No, she was never able to sense ki in the Buu saga.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:36 am

It wasn't particularly epic, but I thought the whole thing was good fun! Vegeta, especially, was very enjoyable in this. The animation was gorgeous and reminded me of the Budokai 2/3 intro's.

So yeah, I hope this opens up the gateway for more specials, but if it doesn't, it was great to see the Dragon Team together again!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:39 am

Duo wrote:It wasn't particularly epic, but I thought the whole thing was good fun! Vegeta, especially, was very enjoyable in this. The animation was gorgeous and reminded me of the Budokai 2/3 intro's.

So yeah, I hope this opens up the gateway for more specials, but if it doesn't, it was great to see the Dragon Team together again!
Hear-hear! Oh Duo, catch me on AIM for lots to discuss. :D
14 years later

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:34 am

Yamcha_krillin wrote:
No she was never abel to sense KI i nthe Buu saga
I think she was.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:51 am

Raki wrote:
Yamcha_krillin wrote:
No she was never abel to sense KI i nthe Buu saga
I think she was.
If she could then she should have known that Goten and Trunks are hiding under that costume when she fought them and not only when they turned SSJ.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:32 am

Who's to say Goten and Trunks weren't hiding their Ki? Also, who says #18 is even able to recognize their Ki considering most of her time's been spent at Roshi's?

There's never been a point where it's actually said she can't sense Ki. You guys are confusing that with the fact that she has no Ki to be sensed.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:38 am

IIRC Future Trunks said in the Android saga that the Androids can't sense Ki and that's how they will have more time to make a plan and take Goku away.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:Well, keep in mind, for all 99.99% of the universe knew, first-form Freeza was the only Freeza.

But it doesn't really matter either way.
I know. But I feel like when someone says "Freeza's power", they automatically mean his 100%. Particularly in a special like this.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:01 am

Tsukento... One more thing: When Piccolo powered up in front of 17, (space) 17 couldn't tell that Piccolo is as strong as he is.

When Cell powered up in front of 17, (space) 17 thought that Cell was no challenge for him, so they definitely can't.

How can Trunks and Goten hide their Ki when they are fighting and going all out on 18 in their base form?

It's stated that they can't sense Ki. Here you have the link:

< bootleg manga scan link(s) removed by administrator >

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:25 am

Something else I noticed was during the scene where everyone starts to notice Tarble’s Ki, Vegeta says “Don’t tell me it’s…” Now how could Vegeta recognize his brother’s Ki when he could not feel Ki prior to the Namek Saga? He does something similar in GT when he faces off against Baby-Son Gohan. How could he recognize Baby as a Tsufuruian by his Ki since he was not even born when his people conquered them?
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 am

Yamcha_krillin wrote:It's stated that they can't sense Ki. Here you have the link:

< bootleg manga scan link(s) removed by administrator >
Linking to scans of the manga is a big no-no here, not to mention crappy scanlations that hold no weight whatsoever in an argument.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:41 am

Oh sorry. I didn't know that. :oops:

I know that it is a fan-traslation but it says the same thing in the original Viz version, I think.

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:08 am

Is it legal to download this special and/or watch it on YouTube, considering it will be out on DVD...?
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 am

Tsukento wrote:There's never been a point where it's actually said she can't sense Ki. You guys are confusing that with the fact that she has no Ki to be sensed.
They either couldn't or were too lazy to during Cell saga. What about that scene in the truck where No. 16 tells them about Piccolo and Cell fighting and how one power is stronger than 17?

I wonder if she could learn it. I was a little disappointed she didn't do anything when that building was falling towards her.

I like how the artwork of this special so closely resembles the manga.

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 am

No Uub and Teinshinhan did not fight a little.

Great to see a few of the Z fighters showing their moves.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 am

Commander_Red wrote:They either couldn't or were too lazy to during Cell saga. What about that scene in the truck where No. 16 tells them about Piccolo and Cell fighting and how one power is stronger than 17?
Every time #16 brought up differences in strength, #17 shrugged it off as if his scanners were broken. Sorta the old retreading of the Scouters.
dragonballzgtfighter wrote:No Uub and Teinshinhan did not fight a little.
At this point, Oob is 2. Tenshinhan, however, wasn't even in the special.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 am

Tsukento wrote:At this point, Oob is 2. Tenshinhan, however, wasn't even in the special.
Nor was Chaozu.
14 years later

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 pm

dragonballzgtfighter wrote:Is it legal to download this special and/or watch it on YouTube, considering it will be out on DVD...?
Depends on the laws of your country. Here in Canada, it's perfectly legal.

Usually, you'd run into problems if your region had a copyright on the material; and we've had no word of any licensing outside Japan.

Also, about 18 sensing ki: Vegeta didn't know how to do so initially either.