Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:58 pm

I like how Raditz came out, but I'm just not feelin' Goku and Vegeta from the first and second links. They look off to me. :(
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Vegeta has one of those chins drawn by the Triangle Shit animators, it's like his lower face caves in and out of no where is this giant chin that has knuckles.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:31 am

They never get Vegeta's hair color right. Apart from the Budokai 3 opening.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:44 am

The Time Traveller wrote:They never get Vegeta's hair color right. Apart from the Budokai 3 opening.
You mean Black?

The red highlights were added by Toei, technically they are wrong, since they differ from the Manga.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:47 pm

*Sighs* God damn it Atari, why do you feel the need to remove the vocals form the intros? When I heard the chanting of "fight, fight, fight!" in the English trailer, I got my hopes up and thought they might actually use the Japanese music for once. Seeing as they aren't, I think I'll be importing the game. Congrats Atari, you just lost a customer. :D
­

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Taku128 wrote:*Sighs* God damn it Atari, why do you feel the need to remove the vocals form the intros? When I heard the chanting of "fight, fight, fight!" in the English trailer, I got my hopes up and thought they might actually use the Japanese music for once. Seeing as they aren't, I think I'll be importing the game. Congrats Atari, you just lost a customer. :D
That hardly seems like a good enough reason to blow money on importing.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Rocketman wrote:That hardly seems like a good enough reason to blow money on importing.
Importing's not much more expensive than buying domestic

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Taku128 wrote:*Sighs* God damn it Atari, why do you feel the need to remove the vocals form the intros? When I heard the chanting of "fight, fight, fight!" in the English trailer, I got my hopes up and thought they might actually use the Japanese music for once. Seeing as they aren't, I think I'll be importing the game. Congrats Atari, you just lost a customer. :D
The game is going to use "remastered" music from the TV show. I figured Atari might keep the Japanese soundtrack now that the dub uses the Japanese music, but this makes me think they'll just replace it like they did in Sparking Meteor. Why put up with Atari's mediocre replacement music when I could have the Japanese soundtrack? I'm willing to pay a bit extra for that.
­

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Taku128 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
The game is going to use "remastered" music from the TV show. I figured Atari might keep the Japanese soundtrack now that the dub uses the Japanese music, but this makes me think they'll just replace it like they did in Sparking Meteor. Why put up with Atari's mediocre replacement music when I could have the Japanese soundtrack? I'm willing to pay a bit extra for that.
You mean, crapmidi's like in BT3? That's they're idea of "remastered" music, apparently. I mean, I could freakin' MAKE a disc myself (*if* I owned the soundtracks and had the tools) with the original music, so why can't they?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:48 pm

There has only been three Dragonball games here in Australia that didn't have the vocal openings (Budokai and Tenkaichi 1&2) so I'm pretty much expecting it to stay in.

As for the music, I really hope Atari doesn't fuck it up because they are deluded enough to actually think they know what they are doing.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:19 pm

If only you add your own personal songs to the game. That would sort everyones problem. That should be standard for all games by now.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:24 pm

I can imagine a Japanese translator/representative for Bandai Namco laughing in Donny Clay's face. Seriously the dude doesn't even make the games, he just a "producer" for the distributing company. I'll just take what he says with a grain of salt.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:31 pm

Sebastian (SB) wrote:I can imagine a Japanese translator/representative for Bandai Namco laughing in Donny Clay's face. Seriously the dude doesn't even make the games, he just a "producer" for the distributing company. I'll just take what he says with a grain of salt.
Agreed, the man isn't just misinformed, he's incompetent.

I know we'd get someone just as terrible if he was fired, but that doesn't stop me from sort of wishing he was.

What can I say, the man gets on my nerves.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:20 am

Kid Trunks wrote:If only you add your own personal songs to the game. That would sort everyones problem. That should be standard for all games by now.
If you have the 360 version, can't you burn you own CDs and have custom tracks?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:57 am

Anonymous Friend wrote:If you have the 360 version, can't you burn you own CDs and have custom tracks?
There's a difference between going to the mini-dashboard and playing music (either from the hard-drive or a USB device) versus games actually supporting the "Custom Soundtrack" feature.

The former just plays music through your TV speakers as if you were just playing a CD over in a stereo somewhere; it doesn't stop when the fight ends, it doesn't loop if the song ends during a round, etc. The latter actually does stuff as you would expect it to... a song will end when a race finishes and then the sound effects will pop in as-expected, etc.

As far as I know, very few games over-all actually support the true "Custom Soundtrack" feature. They may claim that every game supports it, but all you're really doing is just playing some music over-top the game, rather than actually integrating it into the experience.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:12 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Anonymous Friend wrote:If you have the 360 version, can't you burn you own CDs and have custom tracks?
There's a difference between going to the mini-dashboard and playing music (either from the hard-drive or a USB device) versus games actually supporting the "Custom Soundtrack" feature.

The former just plays music through your TV speakers as if you were just playing a CD over in a stereo somewhere; it doesn't stop when the fight ends, it doesn't loop if the song ends during a round, etc. The latter actually does stuff as you would expect it to... a song will end when a race finishes and then the sound effects will pop in as-expected, etc.

As far as I know, very few games over-all actually support the true "Custom Soundtrack" feature. They may claim that every game supports it, but all you're really doing is just playing some music over-top the game, rather than actually integrating it into the experience.
Yes. I've done that. And it just isn't the same at all.

denitonis
Beyond Newbie

Post by denitonis » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:47 am

Rocketman wrote:
denitonis wrote:But 21 characters is still beter than it was with the original Budokai right
Budokai 1 had 23 characters.
Indeed it did how stupid of me, just goes to show how long it has been I've been playing any Budokai.
Well in that case I really think they should put in some more characters, I've always though it stupid to only include 2 Ginyu force members, put them all in or none, also I forgot the original Budokai had:
Zarbon
Dodoria
Great Saiyaman (even if it was only a joke)
Satan
but we didn't have:
Cell Jr.
Saibaman
So that seems to be right.
Still wish they'd make it more complete and put in Chaozu, and the complete Ginyu force even if I don't particulary care for Guldo or Chaozu.

Still the trailer does look cool and the gameplay looks a whole lot better on next-gen, the question is if it will play this smooth too, I remember getting frustrated about these minigame and buttonbashing situations of the original Budokai, simply because I care about keeping my joypads in working order.
7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Quoting one is plagiarism.
Quoting many is research.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:03 pm

I love the Japanese music, but the midi-style version they had the Japanese releases of Sparking are REALLY bad. I just hope that since this is a Budokai game and is developed by Dimps that they might get Kenji Yamamoto to come back and do new some music for them. That way fans all over the world can get good BGM, instead of either having cheap midi-renditions of the once awesome Japanese score or whatever the hell they use in the American releases nowadays.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:58 pm

Out of curiosity, why isn't Faulconer's music used in the English version's of Dragonball games?

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Kid Trunks wrote:Out of curiosity, why isn't Faulconer's music used in the English version's of Dragonball games?
I dunno, but these videos ought to interest you a tiny bit.

This video uses "Rock the Dragon".
This one uses Faulconer's "Dragon Ball Z".
And this one uses the instrumental version of "Kiseki no Honô yo Moeagare!!"

The instrumental version of the theme sounds pretty good.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin