Insights and Questions from the New Special

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Re: Insights and Questions from the New Special

Post by VeggieXD » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:7. The Metamoran fusion can be dissolved rather quickly and the users do not have to wait a certain period until they can fuse again.
Well I remember the first time Fat Gotenks was made, Piccolo or someone said that Goku forgot to tell them how. Which means by now Goku would have probably told them.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: Insights and Questions from the New Special

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 pm

VeggieXD wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:7. The Metamoran fusion can be dissolved rather quickly and the users do not have to wait a certain period until they can fuse again.
Well I remember the first time Fat Gotenks was made, Piccolo or someone said that Goku forgot to tell them how. Which means by now Goku would have probably told them.
Either filler or a dub line. No such comment made in the manga.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Commander_Red wrote:
I wonder if she could learn it. I was a little disappointed she didn't do anything when that building was falling towards her.
I figure she was protecting her daughter and didn't want to risk the building debris falling on her or anything. She was in pure human shield mode. Good thing Kuririn happened to be around.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:32 pm

I know now watching the end of this special.
That dragonball wil never show again in a serie so sad.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:56 pm

16 had a scouter of some sort built in. 17 and 18, on the other hand, were more organic than they were synthetic. There's no reason they couldn't learn to sense ki the way Vegeta did.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Bussani wrote:16 had a scouter of some sort built in. 17 and 18, on the other hand, were more organic than they were synthetic. There's no reason they couldn't learn to sense ki the way Vegeta did.
I agree I do not know why people find that hard to believe.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:02 pm

B-kun wrote:
Commander_Red wrote:
I wonder if she could learn it. I was a little disappointed she didn't do anything when that building was falling towards her.
I figure she was protecting her daughter and didn't want to risk the building debris falling on her or anything. She was in pure human shield mode. Good thing Kuririn happened to be around.
It looked like she was about to take care of it herself, and then Kuririn jumped in.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:13 pm

What about SSJ Goku>>>>SSJ Gotenks ?

Goku owning the guy with a simpel punch when SSJ Gotenks couldn't even hurt Avocado with multiplies punches and kicks.

Of course Gotenks played but he also played in the Buu saga and was extraordinary powerfull.
Bussani wrote:16 had a scouter of some sort built in. 17 and 18, on the other hand, were more organic than they were synthetic. There's no reason they couldn't learn to sense ki the way Vegeta did.
They can definitly learn how to sense Ki but i was just saying that they didn't know how to do so in the Android saga.I belive that 18 also didn't know how to sense Ki in the buu saga because she fought Goten and Trunsk who were going all out against her in their base forms and she still didn't know who they were until they turned SSJ.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Yamcha_krillin wrote:What about SSJ Goku>>>>SSJ Gotenks ?

Goku owning the guy with a simpel punch when SSJ Gotenks couldn't even hurt Avocado with multiplies punches and kicks.

Of course Gotenks played but he also played in the Buu saga and was extraordinary powerfull...
You can credit that to lack of training, after all Vegeta was complaining about chibi-Trunks “forgetting the basics”. The elder Saiyans closed the power gap in a few years.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:33 pm

Short answer; Gotenks softened him up for Goku.
Yamcha_krillin wrote:They can definitly learn how to sense Ki but i was just saying that they didn't know how to do so in the Android saga.I belive that 18 also didn't know how to sense Ki in the buu saga because she fought Goten and Trunsk who were going all out against her in their base forms and she still didn't know who they were until they turned SSJ.
Yeah, they definitely didn't know in the Android saga. It's debatable if 18 knew in the Buu saga. Just because you can sense ki doesn't mean you'll instantly recognize someone's. Some people are better at reading ki than others, maybe 18 can only sense whether a ki is large or not.

Of course, there's always the chance she learned after the Buu saga. I wouldn't blame her for learning after all of that.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:

Of course Gotenks played but he also played in the Buu saga and was extraordinary powerfull...
You can credit that to lack of training, after all Vegeta was complaining about chibi-Trunks “forgetting the basics”. The elder Saiyans closed the power gap in a few years.
I credit it to Aka/Abokado/Avocado using up most of his power in the big blasts. Also, with Goku, it wasn't just a punch. There was also a Kamehameha in there.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm going with a combo of the 2 common answers.

1. Goku's been training for 2 years. (I doubt he's been farming for that long) While Goten and Trunks have been slacking for 2 years. In the DB Universe, 2 years is a LONG time to gain power.

2. Gotenks also did soften him up a bit.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Gozar wrote:1. Goku's been training for 2 years. (I doubt he's been farming for that long) While Goten and Trunks have been slacking for 2 years. In the DB Universe, 2 years is a LONG time to gain power.
Long enough to make SSJ Goku stronger than his SSJ3 form? No, that's stupid.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Gozar wrote:1. Goku's been training for 2 years. (I doubt he's been farming for that long) While Goten and Trunks have been slacking for 2 years. In the DB Universe, 2 years is a LONG time to gain power.
Long enough to make SSJ Goku stronger than his SSJ3 form? No, that's stupid.
Uhg. I have a bad feeling about this post I'm about to make.

SSJ Gotenks is not stronger than SSJ3 Goku. He was holding back when he fought Fat Buu. He admitted this before his fight with Kid Buu.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Mods sorry for my grammar,i'm from Europe and I'm giving my best.
Bussani wrote:
Short answer; Gotenks softened him up for Goku.
Reasonabel

I dont think that Trunks and Goten became that much weaker and Goku that much stronger.

Bussani wrote:[Yeah, they definitely didn't know in the Android saga. It's debatable if 18 knew in the Buu saga. Just because you can sense ki doesn't mean you'll instantly recognize someone's. Some people are better at reading ki than others, maybe 18 can only sense whether a ki is large or not.

Of course, there's always the chance she learned after the Buu saga. I wouldn't blame her for learning after all of that.
Maybe.

The rest of the Z-fighter are all really good at sensing Ki and they can instantly recognize someone's KI.Remember 18 saw Goten and Trunks fighting previously so if she can sense Ki she should have known that it was the two of them, but she didn't until they turned SSJ.

Going by #18 Table has a very powerfull Ki and he is really weak.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Gozar wrote:SSJ Gotenks is not stronger than SSJ3 Goku. He was holding back when he fought Fat Buu. He admitted this before his fight with Kid Buu.
Yes, but he can't use his full SSJ3 power while alive either, and base Gotenks is close to SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta in strength.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:44 pm

Rocketman wrote:Long enough to make SSJ Goku stronger than his SSJ3 form? No, that's stupid.
Except Gotenks didn't go Super Saiyan 3 in this special and he was mostly messing around with ACa.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Tsukento wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Long enough to make SSJ Goku stronger than his SSJ3 form? No, that's stupid.
Except Gotenks didn't go Super Saiyan 3 in this special and he was mostly messing around with ACa.
"His" in that sentence was referring to Goku.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Gozar wrote:SSJ Gotenks is not stronger than SSJ3 Goku. He was holding back when he fought Fat Buu. He admitted this before his fight with Kid Buu.
Yes, but he can't use his full SSJ3 power while alive either, and base Gotenks is close to SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta in strength.
Again. Keep in mind, 2 years is a long time in the DB World. We don't really know what kind of training Goku's undergone.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:14 pm

Gozar wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Again. Keep in mind, 2 years is a long time in the DB World. We don't really know what kind of training Goku's undergone.
Didn't Goku say he was getting rusty?
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.