Worst movie villain?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Worst movie villain?

Post by Endishiki » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:39 am

So many to pick from...!

Garlic Jr (Little midget... with SUPER transformation!)
Dr. Willow (Hubongous robot with brain inside it)
Tales (Evil Goku... with SUPER FRUITY power up)
Slug (Retread of Piccolo D./Piccolo Jr battles... with SUPER HUGE increase)
Cooler/Metal Cooler (Retread of Freeza with FIFTH FORM/Terminator-esque Metallic form)
Android 13/Super Android 13 (Hick Android)
Broly/Bio-Broly (Supposed LSSj who appears twice, probably an attempt at recreating Cell's neatness; clone of LSSj that is covered in goop)
Bojack (Bloodthirsty gypsy pirate knockoff of Cell from outer space with SUPER transformation)
Janemba (Insanely powerful knockoff of Fat Buu/Kid Buu with two distinct forms)
Hildegarn (Godzilla-esque monster with some standard villainous abilities... and a super transformation, of course)

I honestly think that Broly takes the cake... while Movie 8 had quite a few good moments, it all fell apart as soon as Broly 'snapped'. Unlike the other movies, where Goku and friends easily sweep through henchmen/manage to leave a mark on the villain before the evil guy becomes super powerful, the Broly battle was essentially, "Hey! Let's all throw our heads at this brick wall and see if we can make it crack!"

Movie 10 started out well, too, and there were a few funny moments... but Broly returned to repeat his antics from Movie 8. At least we see Broly exploding painfully at the end. :D

Movie 11 was actually rather fun. Only movie to have Artificial Human 18! Goten, Trunks, and even Kuririn all get to take a stab at the monster. He's still about the same, and much of the movie is about the same. At least he actually receives damage this time around! Broly also dies in a rather lame way (contact with water), a fitting end for such a villain.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:33 am

I choose Slug; the guy was a retard of a villian, killing his own henchmen for his own amusement (Makes you wonder how you can hire new help?), and seemed to have no greater goal than to transform planets to go joy riding...that's aside from the fact that he was a King Piccolo rip-off, with absolutely nothing new.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:35 am

I think Broly was a cool villain! But Bio-Broly is extremely lame, and by far the worst villain!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:27 am

I wasn't very impressed with Broli, and Slug just sucked. But I'd have to say that I've always found Dr. Willow to be incredibly lame. Not sure why, but I just don't like him.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:58 am

I think I'll make my first post with actual substance since who knows how long ago...

By saying that COOLA is my least favorite. I'm not kidding. Not Metal Coola, he was bad-ass, being a big, you know, Death Star and stuff. But COOLA bored me. I capitilized just to emphasize the hate. I shan't do it again.

"But Ben-sama, why hate Coola? You like Freeza?"
Indeed, I love Freeza. That's why. Because Coola is Freeza. I saw him already.

Most importantly, and this has probably been mentioned once or twice in the past, his fifth form really screws up the whole uber-coolness behind the fact that the ultimate Freeza form was... so un-ultimate looking. That was awesome. Then Coola shows up and his ultimate form is a stupid predictable beast thing.

And his death sucks! The sun? ... If I wrote that ending, I'd delete the entire story that it was in out of hatred at myself for coming up with. (I don't mean to subconsciously mention that writing is my hobby, it just keeps coming up a lot since I do the "If I wrote that" thing a lot). But don't ask me to defend and say how I would've written Coola's death. I couldn't tell you because I'd have to brainstorm for a long time, which is just far too troublesome. And for all I know it would've been a worse idea than the sun. But that doesn't make the sun any better as it stands.

And his minions were lame. But they always are, so, you know. Whatever.

But I'll thank the sun just because it allowed for Metal Coola. Thank you sun. "No proiblem Ben!" he says while holding two scoops of raisins because I'm insane.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:21 am

I liked the first Coola movie because Piccolo kicked ass in it. I didn't terribly like Coola himself, but I do think his final form looked like somewhat of a badass. Other than that, nothing special. But Metal Coola is probably my favourite movie villain... Aside from Janenba.

Least favourite is definitely Lord Slug. He was a moron, and he looked stupid.

A close follow-up, though, is Super 13. I mean, dear lord. The punching Goku in the crotch thingie is the only thing that makes him slightly better than Lord Slug.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:24 am

I'm going with Slug. I can definitely agree with Ben's points about Coola simply being Freeza, but I think Slug goes to that line, spits on it, runs across it, comes back 45 minutes later, and kicks you in the balls for extra effect.

Wishes for youth? Grows 00ber tall? Concentrated pure evil Namekian? Dozens of other things that were already done in both the Piccolo-Daimao / Ma Junior arc? Give. Me. A. Break.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:04 pm

Lets go down the list

-Dr.Willow (basically Assistant Black's Mech but updated for DBZ, lame)
-Tullece (Another Saiyan -_-, decent movie but used up idea)
-Lord Slug (he's Piccolo Daimao, but he's not -_- super-lame)
-Super #13 (more androids?? come on, the idea was overplayed in the anime as it is, uber-lame)
-Brolly/super deformed looking clone ("I cant believe its not Vejiita(Butter)") lame

All the other movie villains I really didnt mind. Am I the only one that actually liked "Dead Zone"?

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:21 pm

I liked Dead Zone. Very Toriyama style.

Dislike: Broli and Slug the most. But they're all just ripoffs of the series villains
Where's the beef?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:21 pm

No, because I like all the movies and villains that I've seen (up to movie 7). I guess, out of them all though, I like Dr. Williow the least for some reason that I don't understand. *Shrug*
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:31 pm

Movies 5, 6, 8 and 12 are my favs, so are the villains as well at some point!
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:08 pm

I'm gonna have to go with Bojack. Other than when he killed Zangya just to get at Gohan, he had nothing going for him.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:17 pm

Bio-Brolly is my choice. A disappointing villain, for a disappointing movie. :| As a matter of fact, he wasn't even stable. He just became a blob. Toei basically hired the "smooze" from the "My Little Pony Movie" and recast it.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:21 pm

Wow, after reading this thread, I came to the shocking realization that I hate ALL the movie villains. I guess the only one I DON'T hate is Hildegarn, because he doesn't talk.

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragon » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:45 pm

Out of the ones I've seen, Turles and Dr. Willow were thee worst. I mean, I brain in a giant machine which is able to stand up and fight? Lame. Nice idea, but it reminds me of Gundam Wing, and I'm not into giant fighting robots. And Turles looked too much like Goku, was he intended to look that way?
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:27 pm

Broli. What a loser. I mean, some little baby cries in the crib next to him, and he wants to kill him? Plus, "Kakarotto!! Kakarotto!!! KAKAFUCKINGROTTO!" although the damn movie.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:20 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Broli. What a loser. I mean, some little baby cries in the crib next to him, and he wants to kill him? Plus, "Kakarotto!! Kakarotto!!! KAKAFUCKINGROTTO!" although the damn movie.
I don't like Broli/Broly/whichever much, either, but as it's been posted elsewhere, he was a bit psychotic already. The fact that Goku's crying makes him hate him is dumb... but, uh, Broly's a nut. And he did say quite a bit more in Movie 8, to tell the truth.

Movie 10... yeah. Ugh.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:00 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:"Kakarotto!! Kakarotto!!! KAKAFUCKINGROTTO!"
I have no idea why, but that made me roll out of my chair laughing.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:05 am

Endishiki wrote:And he did say quite a bit more in Movie 8, to tell the truth.
Yeah, in his calm state, he's like "Ka.kakarotto... *Twitches*
In his LSSj state, it's "I'm'MA KILL YOU KAKAFUCKINGROTTO!!!"
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:11 am

Broli. He just manages to overstay his welcome by two whole movies, and that's inexcusable. Slug is a worthless retread of Piccolo Daimo/Ma Junior, but he's worthless for 40 minutes or so. After Broli's first, 80-minute appearance in which the Z Fighters take him on for pretty much an entire movie (no henchmen, really), we surely didn't need him back in movie 10. And we sure as hell didn't need god-awful Bio Broli lumbering around looking like the Swamp Beast and Man-Thing had a child together.

The best Broli moment? When Toriyama was asked about him in an interview in Shonen Jump, and had no idea who they were talking about, at all. If only we were all so lucky!
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.