Dragon Box 2 And Dragon Ball Season 3 Cover Art.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:53 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:
B wrote:I want some Chôzenshû art on these DBOXes, yo.
Really? I hate the coloring on those.
They can always trace it. They did it with Vegeta for the Dragonbook.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

Max-power Rôshi on the third season set? Now I HAVE to buy it...

...and the next two, of course!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 am

I like that art, but I think the simple manga-like artwork is what works best here.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:04 am

Hao_Kaiser wrote:Of course, there were only six characters on the Japanese DragonBoxes to begin with, so they were going to have to use another source for at least one of them anyway.
You're forgetting about Gohan. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him, though I'm not sure where he'd fit in episode-wise. I thought he'd have been a better pick for this box, especially over Cell arc Vegeta. I do have to agree that Freeza would have worked just as well on the box too, since by episode 84 Freeza's in his final form. I personally would have saved Vegeta until the Buu arc, but that's just me. And what are they gonna do with Piccolo, the poor asexual green being?
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:12 am

And what are they gonna do with Piccolo, the poor asexual green being?
Yeah, Piccolo doesn't get enough love. I guess it's hard to fit him in, since he's never really important (in Z) for a long enough amount of time for a 42 episode set.

Which is unfortunate.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 am

Hujio wrote:
Hao_Kaiser wrote:Of course, there were only six characters on the Japanese DragonBoxes to begin with, so they were going to have to use another source for at least one of them anyway.
You're forgetting about Gohan. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him, though I'm not sure where he'd fit in episode-wise. I thought he'd have been a better pick for this box, especially over Cell arc Vegeta. I do have to agree that Freeza would have worked just as well on the box too, since by episode 84 Freeza's in his final form. I personally would have saved Vegeta until the Buu arc, but that's just me. And what are they gonna do with Piccolo, the poor asexual green being?
Ah, yeah, I forgot that there's a chance they won't put him on the spine, since they apparently have all of the individual art assets.

I don't know where they would put him, though... He would have fit Box 2, but so would Freeza.

I mean, this is how I imagined they would do it:

Box 2: Freeza
Box 3: Piccolo? Maybe? I dunno?
Box 4: Vegeta
Box 5: Cell
Box 6: Super Saiyan Goku
Box 7: Farmer With Shotgun

Yeah... I dunno. I still have to assume they were going to go to another source for at least one of the last boxes, since there isn't anything Buu related on the original Japanese sets... Unless they wanted to use Piccolo like the orange bricks did, or something.
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:30 am

Aw come on! Roshi was picked over Tenshinhan? That's just wrong in 82 different ways.

Here's to hoping ol' Ten gets some Season 4 action.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Aw come on! Roshi was picked over Tenshinhan? That's just wrong in 82 different ways.

Here's to hoping ol' Ten gets some Season 4 action.
Scrolling down, I thought it was him at first. :P

"Oh look, it's Tensh- Wait! Sunglasses!"

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 am

B wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:
Really? I hate the coloring on those.
They can always trace it. They did it with Vegeta for the Dragonbook.
You're right; the line art is fine. The coloring just looks like it was done with an airbrush at the mall.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:49 am

I personally can't believe this. Not only was the image of 1st form Freeza the obvious choice for DBox 2, but it happens to be one of my favorite images of him, period. I was certain they would use it. Oh well. The Vegeta image is okay, I guess... :?

Edit: < Japanese DBox Vol. 2 (back) ----- Funi DBox>

Last edited by Mountain on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:50 am

Anyway, hopefully the set will be on Amazon soon enough, so I can... you know... order it and stuff.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:57 am

Shigeru wrote: Actually, Roshi (disguised as Jackie Chun) does go into that form during these episodes.
Does he? In the manga the last time he uses that buff form is during his fight with Goku at the 21st Tenkaichi Budoukai, and this set is way past those episodes. Is there some filler where he uses it at the 22nd TB?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 am

My guess would have been Freeza or Piccolo.

But oh well, the art is still gorgeous so I can't really complain.

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:21 am

Y'know, they way they have Vegeta positioned reminds of the first season set's cover.

At least he isn't cross-eyed here. :P

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:30 am

I like the DBOX Cover art but I do agree frieza would of made more sence or even piccolo....
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:33 am

With any luck, we'll get a Dragon Ball release, and the last Box will have Piccolo. :P

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 am

Mountain wrote: Edit: The images seem to differ.

You mean besides the fact that they're zoomed in on a different part of the image? (and distorted for perspective's sake?)
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:40 am

Tyro wrote:I really don't like that picture of Vegeta. Something about his face seems really off to me.

Edit: And his hair.
It's the arm for me...
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:42 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:
Mountain wrote: Edit: The images seem to differ.
You mean besides the fact that they're zoomed in on a different part of the image? (and distorted for perspective's sake?)
Yeah, I notice now. At first, I thought they just flipped the image before I really examined it.
Last edited by Mountain on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 am

Hao_Kaiser wrote:Ah, yeah, I forgot that there's a chance they won't put him on the spine, since they apparently have all of the individual art assets.
Well that's news to me. Since when was it decided he might not be on the spine art? If he's not there, then it's just gonna be a big empty space after Goku. Besides, Gohan's on the DVD books too, so I would think they have to have his individual artwork. I guess time will tell, but I always assumed he'd be included because with him there exactly seven individual pieces of character art that appeared on the original Z Dragon Boxes.
Kingdom Heartless wrote:With any luck, we'll get a Dragon Ball release, and the last Box will have Piccolo. :P
Huh? :? What set are you talking about? If you're talking about the DB Season Sets, then that voids your statement because that in itself is a DB release. But if you're talking about a DB Dragon Box, why would they use the Z Dragon Box Piccolo? I guess I'm just utterly confused about your statement. Can you clarify?
Last edited by Hujio on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::