Zanzoken in the Saiyan Arc.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
User avatar
Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7000
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:31 am
Location: The Martial Arts World

Zanzoken in the Saiyan Arc.

Post by Kendamu » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Is there any point in which the classic 21st Budokai-style Zanzoken is used during the Saiyan Arc? I'm looking to do a few DBox screen captures so I can make a Zanzoken GIF and my only DBox is the US DBZ DBox.

EDIT: I can also take screens from my Jump Special DVD or my 10th Anniversary Special DBox DVD if anyone can remember if the Zanzoken is used in either of those.

User avatar
Tyro
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 1650
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: USA

Post by Tyro » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:51 am

Don't know if this is the actual after-image technique or not, but Gohan is clearly leaving an after-image behind here. And don't forget about Vegeta dodging Gohan's Masenko. The latter of the two is probably more along the lines of pure movement rather than movement where you either purposely or accidentally leave behind an after-image.

This could also be what you're looking for.

-edit- Let's not link to full manga scans shall we.

User avatar
Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7000
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:31 am
Location: The Martial Arts World

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 am

Nah. I'm looking for an actual After Image being left behind.

User avatar
Godo
I Live Here
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:25 am

Post by Godo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:25 am

SSJ Goku vs. Freeza when he uses it to dodge one of Freeza's shizo discs.

NightShroud_BE
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Belgium

Post by NightShroud_BE » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:53 am

I think the same happened during goku vs cell.
But in the saiyajin saga, I don't know for sure.
Yes my spelling is bad, I no speak write and english well.

User avatar
SHINOBI-03
I Live Here
Posts: 2668
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:47 am
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Contact:

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:21 pm

The only time I remember an after image in the Saiyan arc is during Vegeta's assults on Goku after unleashing his power in episode 30.

Image
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Post Reply