Strange Dragon Ball Website/Wiki Mistakes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Strange Dragon Ball Website/Wiki Mistakes

Post by DemonRin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:36 am

An Extremely odd bit of vandalism on Wikipedia just now gave me an idea for a thread... and to share this with you because it's strange.

Basically, the Idea of the thread is, have you ever seen any websites (Fan, official, or otherwise) that list information about Dragon Ball that's blatantly wrong and/or extremely strange and presented as fact?

The incident at Wikipedia I speak of is just too odd not to comment on.
Here's the page's revision history of what it is now compared to what it was.
The corrected information is on the right, uncorrected information is on the left...

For those of you who don't know Japanese, I'll point out the oddity... this vandal went out of his way to add the word "Chinko" to the first 8 Dragon Ball Z Movies.
"Chinko" is Japanese for Penis.

Even stranger is how inventive this guy was. He didn't vandalize any of the actual English titles, apparently doing this so nobody would catch him. (English speaking Wiki, I assume HE assumed nobody would catch it)
And, while some of them just had "Chinko" shoehorned in there, some where completely rewritten to make the word make sense in context.
Like: Movie 6's title was changed from "Attack!! The 100 Billion Powered Fighters" to "Attack!! The Zero-Penis Fighters".
However, every single time the phrase "Super Saiyajin" appears in any title, he made sure it was changed to "Super Chinkojin"

Yes, the Super Penis People...

Has anyone else come across anything this... BIZARRE from any other sites online?... Or any other crazy sounding erroneous info and/or rumors?
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Cowboy Dev
Beyond Newbie

Re: Strange Dragon Ball Website/Wiki Mistakes

Post by Cowboy Dev » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:53 am

I heard when the "Over 9000" meme got big, people would throw that in at random for various Dragon Ball-related wiki articles. I remember about a year ago, I looked at Vegeta's Wikipedia article and underneath his profile picture was the words "Vegeta: He was a prison bitch."

That made me chuckle.
A Dragon Ball/Urusei Yatsura crossover would be awesome.
Having Toshio Furukawa balance between Piccolo and Ataru would be hilarious.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:57 am

There was some extremely wrong information on Celypa's DB wiki page, it stated that she was raped by Dodoria and his men. I think it says that it was implied because of the way she was lying on the ground.

I also remember some fansites explaining the "Saiya-jin" spelling a little like this, "In Japanese Ji is silent." something like that.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:42 am

That's really immature, even for my taste.

Seriously, he called movie 1 "lick my penis".

EnmaDaiou
Beyond Newbie

Post by EnmaDaiou » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:30 am

DemonRin wrote:An Extremely odd bit of vandalism on Wikipedia just now gave me an idea for a thread... and to share this with you because it's strange.

Basically, the Idea of the thread is, have you ever seen any websites (Fan, official, or otherwise) that list information about Dragon Ball that's blatantly wrong and/or extremely strange and presented as fact?

The incident at Wikipedia I speak of is just too odd not to comment on.
Here's the page's revision history of what it is now compared to what it was.
The corrected information is on the right, uncorrected information is on the left...

For those of you who don't know Japanese, I'll point out the oddity... this vandal went out of his way to add the word "Chinko" to the first 8 Dragon Ball Z Movies.
"Chinko" is Japanese for Penis.

Even stranger is how inventive this guy was. He didn't vandalize any of the actual English titles, apparently doing this so nobody would catch him. (English speaking Wiki, I assume HE assumed nobody would catch it)
And, while some of them just had "Chinko" shoehorned in there, some where completely rewritten to make the word make sense in context.
Like: Movie 6's title was changed from "Attack!! The 100 Billion Powered Fighters" to "Attack!! The Zero-Penis Fighters".
However, every single time the phrase "Super Saiyajin" appears in any title, he made sure it was changed to "Super Chinkojin"

Yes, the Super Penis People...
I can't understand why people have to do that kind of thing..
That's why I have to create a wiki based site, but locked to edits...

The same IP address (72.201.70.59) made modifications on a One Piece page in Wikipedia but there was no vandalism there.
Has anyone else come across anything this... BIZARRE from any other sites online?... Or any other crazy sounding erroneous info and/or rumors?
There's a lot of erroneous info and rumors.
I already saw a site saying that the "mystic Gohan" is the Legendary Super Saiyajin.

But I think most of the erroneous info were about power levels.
Mr. Satan power level..
Vegetto's power level..
And this pages usually have titles like "OFFICIAL power levels" or "From Daizenshuu".
Capsule Corporation - New layout!!
Trying to be a great Brazilian portuguese DB site.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:44 am

DemonRin wrote:Basically, the Idea of the thread is, have you ever seen any websites (Fan, official, or otherwise) that list information about Dragon Ball that's blatantly wrong and/or extremely strange and presented as fact?
Well see, there's this thing called the "DB wikia"...
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 am

It's funny because Chinko means penis. :P

But in all seriousness, I did once see a page called Vegeta Arm Rip-off Attack. It was frm the Android 19 battle.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:34 am

This review has aways been my favorite. It's a bit too long to translate in its entirety, but contains a lot of handy facts about the series.

Dragon Ball Z tells the story of a group named "Dragon Ball Z", or "Z" for short, which mission is to uphold the balance in the universe by protecting the 7 Dragonballs from evil. In the second movie, the "abstract" plot (I don't think that word means what he thinks it does) revolves around a battle to determine who is the strongest in the world - the evil Dr. Wilo in Kame-Sennin's body, or Bulma of the Z.

It's brilliant.
Last edited by Adamant on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah it's immature but It's funny, Super Chinkojin :D
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

mrzisawesome

Post by mrzisawesome » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:39 pm

The Dragon Ball wiki claims that Saiyans need oxygen, despite Goku going to the moon as a child, Bardock fighting in space, Gotenks flying around the world a few dozen times, and Vegito having no lungs as a piece of candy.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:42 pm

mrzisawesome wrote:The Dragon Ball wiki claims that Saiyans need oxygen, despite Goku going to the moon as a child, Bardock fighting in space, Gotenks flying around the world a few dozen times, and Vegito having no lungs as a piece of candy.
Gag scene, loltoei, gag scene and...gag scene? :wink:

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Saiyans do need oxygen or else the namek-thing would not have been a problem.

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:Saiyans do need oxygen or else the namek-thing would not have been a problem.
If I remember correctly, the problem was that Goku was unsure as to whether or not he can breath in space. There have been lot's of debates over this Saiya-jins breathing in space issue but I have not seen anyone provide information claiming that it was fact. Because of this the DB wikia should not have stated it as such and should have called it a theory.
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Freeza said *he* could survive in space, but "[he didn't] know about you Saiyan monkeys". Which means exactly what it says: He doesn't know if Saiyans can survive in a vacuum or not. Some dubs (French dub, I think, possibly FUNimation's too) took creative liberties on this line and had him flat out state that Saiyans can't breathe in space, and thus a rumor was born.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 am

Besides, standing on a planet while it explodes may or may not have detrimental effects on your health in general.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 am

ThunderPX wrote:Besides, standing on a planet while it explodes may or may not have detrimental effects on your health in general.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Standing on exploding planets may put your health at risk. Pregnant women, or women who may become pregnant (possibly by a spiky haired alien with a penchant for murder & destruction) should get the f*** off of said planet. If you find yourself on an exploding planet, get your ass to the dancing purple man's ship and leave immediately.

Fin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:51 am

Eddie wrote:SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Standing on exploding planets may put your health at risk. Pregnant women, or women who may become pregnant (possibly by a spiky haired alien with a penchant for murder & destruction) should get the f*** off of said planet. If you find yourself on an exploding planet, get your ass to the dancing purple man's ship and leave immediately.
I applaud the implication that Goku is a pregnant woman.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:38 am

A ton of things on Dragon Ball wiki are just based on opinions rather than facts. Somethings are just downright wrong. I remember awhile back, on Broly's article it flat out said Goku should have been able to beat Cell because he beat Broly.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

mrzisawesome

Post by mrzisawesome » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Savage68 wrote:
mrzisawesome wrote:The Dragon Ball wiki claims that Saiyans need oxygen, despite Goku going to the moon as a child, Bardock fighting in space, Gotenks flying around the world a few dozen times, and Vegito having no lungs as a piece of candy.
Gag scene, loltoei, gag scene and...gag scene? :wink:
Doesn't matter; it's all canon. Not to mention that even if I do use filler, Toriyama has stated that the Anime counts.
Ahiru77 wrote:Saiyans do need oxygen or else the namek-thing would not have been a problem.
Kaio Sama and Freeza said SURVIVE, not breathe.

He couldn't survive in space because he may not have known how to get home, or by dying because of hunger.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:31 pm

mrzisawesome wrote:Toriyama has stated that the Anime counts.
Where?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.