Where is this Roshi image from?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Takuy
Not-So-Newbie

Where is this Roshi image from?

Post by Takuy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Where is this Roshi image from?

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 pm

I think its from 21st Budokai, where he explains to Yamcha that hes related to Jackie Chun. Don't quote me on this though.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Kid Buu wrote:I think its from 21st Budokai, where he explains to Yamcha that hes related to Jackie Chun. Don't quote me on this though.
Didn't he give that explanation to Goku during their fight?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Takuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Takuy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:36 pm

I initially thought it was from then too, but I don't remember the tree drawing...

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 pm

I remember this from when he explains to Goku that he's Muten Roshi's cousin too. In fact I'm 95% sure of it.
Last edited by Blue on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Its from the 26th episode of Dragon Ball. After Jackie Chun told Goku that he was his master, Goku put together all the clues and figured out that Jackie Chun is actually a relative of the Turtle Hermit. Chun then got out his handy dandy family tree that he had been carrying and showed Goku that he is actually the Turtle Hermit's cousin. And then everyone just stared at him.

Takuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Takuy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Makaioshin wrote:Its from the 26th episode of Dragon Ball. After Jackie Chun told Goku that he was his master, Goku put together all the clues and figured out that Jackie Chun is actually a relative of the Turtle Hermit. Chun then got out his handy dandy family tree that he had been carrying and showed Goku that he is actually the Turtle Hermit's cousin. And then everyone just stared at him.
Well, that solves that mystery.