"Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" Official Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

skatezeppelin
Beyond Newbie

"Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" Official Discussion

Post by skatezeppelin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I rented "Dragonball: Raging Blast" one and played the demo for two. I really didn't enjoy them compared to past games, but since I am huge fan I dropped $65 to watch a video that I could probably be watching later tonight for free. Did anyone watch the video yet? I'll post thoughts after but I don't want to spoil anything, especially if you just bought the game to watch the movie like me.

--------------------------

ADMIN EDIT: Edited for grammar and made into "official" discussion topic for the feature. Please keep all gaming-specific discussion in the respective "Raging Blast 2" thread in the "Video Games" sub-section, but talk all you want about the re-made feature right here in this thread. Thanks!
I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: "Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" Official Discussion

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Well, most of you guys have seen my thoughts and screen shots I posted a few days ago. But for good measure I'd like to just add the link in this thread just so it's part of this official discussion.

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... start=4220

When I first watched it I couldn't really come to a conclusion because I felt I was clouded with excitement of watching a new DragonBall feature. But, after watching it three time so far, I can say I do like this better then the original. For me, I liked that it was shortened and to some extent dumbed down. I feel the original dragged out a little bit too much and at some point became almost grueling to watch. I'm not saying this is a really great feature and you should blow 60 bucks on it. I'm just saying compared to the original, I do like this version better.
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:In all.. I respect what they've done, it just isn't me. Sorry fans..
Hey, if you hate it, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, I know what you mean about the animation. But at the same time going forward, this is how any new DragonBall feature is probably going to look. It's just evolution of animation. I think it's hard for some fans to accept especially when there is almost 15 years of this series in traditional animation, you just get used to that look. I can understand that. But, it's just something I have to accept.

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:05 pm

I hope someone uploads the video to youtube.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:51 pm

dragonballzgtfighter wrote:I hope someone uploads the video to youtube.
That's nice for you.

This is a forum where we discuss, primarily, things that we legally consume. What you do in your own free time is up to you and you will not be judged for it, but don't bring that baggage here on the forum.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:47 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Well, most of you guys have seen my thoughts and screen shots I posted a few days ago. But for good measure I'd like to just add the link in this thread just so it's part of this official discussion.

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... start=4220

When I first watched it I couldn't really come to a conclusion because I felt I was clouded with excitement of watching a new DragonBall feature. But, after watching it three time so far, I can say I do like this better then the original. For me, I liked that it was shortened and to some extent dumbed down. I feel the original dragged out a little bit too much and at some point became almost grueling to watch. I'm not saying this is a really great feature and you should blow 60 bucks on it. I'm just saying compared to the original, I do like this version better.
Again thank you very much for that. :)

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arique » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:50 am

I watched the special yesterday and, well... I was a little pleased with it. The animation was sometimes good and god awful at the same time, the music kicks ass (Better than the original special's NES-synth-like soundtrack, IMO), and for once, there wasn't any spelling errors in the subtitles like in the English subbed version of Jump Super Anime Tour 2008 for once! Overall, it's an ok remake of it, but it's not worth slapping down $59.99 for a game just to watch it. Just wait until somebody abridges it or until someone uploads it to YouTube.... Which I wouldn't recommend since it looks better blown up onto a 1280x720 screen HDTV like what I have! :D
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Geez, there's enough animation errors and corner-cutting Corey'll be piss-drunk on the podcast if he did it right after watching. :p

Over all, it's 'something'. I'd have liked if it didn't feel so rushed and if the awkward choreography from the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans had been handled better, but at least...it's something. I hope the game sells well enough they'll considering doing more specials (or is a movie?)...maybe released more in line with the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (a home video release rather than on-disc so that they could up the visual quality).

I actually thought the beginning scene at Capsule Corp. made more sense than Tanooki though it did. Vegeta probably told Bulma what the gas was and she looked like he had already been analyzing a sample of it to understand its properties.

It's a shame they had to recast Slug and Hatchihyakku, though. Tetsu Inada adds them to his roster of characters right next to Nappa. Lychee (as the subs call him) was recast, too. Lychee is now voiced by Hiroshi Iwasaki.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Hey, speaking of animation errors, did you notice in most of the far away shots of Piccolo, he doesn't have his turban?!

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:53 pm

JulieYBM wrote:It's a shame they had to recast Slug and Hatchihyakku, though. Tetsu Inada adds them to his roster of characters right next to Nappa. Lychee (as the subs call him) was recast, too. Lychee is now voiced by Hiroshi Iwasaki.
I really want to respond to your whole post, but for now, I'll stick to this. Inada Tetsu didn't voice both Slug and Hacchi Hyack, just Slug. Hacchi Hyack was voiced by Ishikawa Hideo, who some may recognize as the voice of Uchiha Itachi in Naruto. As you already mentioned, Raichi is voiced by Iwasaki Hiroshi, the voice of Dr. Hogback in One Piece. Now, as far as the subs calling him "Lychee", that's completely understandable, since Raichi's name pun is on Lychee, a fruit tree native to China.

Other than that, all of the other major characters had the same seiyuu. Shouji Umeka even came back to reprise her role as the young Z TV reporter from the Jump Special! :P
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:16 pm

I personally enjoyed the new special, all things considered, it's a improvement on the original material.

The animation was good during fights, and looked crisp and sharp when it needed to be. There are still a few too many sloppily-drawn faces and bodies (especially long distance/panning shots), but overall, the animation was a visual treat and I would really like to see this trend continue with new projects (OVAs, games, movies, I don't care, just SOMETHING new!)
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:45 pm

I liked the movie itself. The subtitles, on the other hand... dub names, left-aligned (as opposed to center-aligned), and too many subtitled "graaah!" and "ahhhh!"s for my taste.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Hujio wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:It's a shame they had to recast Slug and Hatchihyakku, though. Tetsu Inada adds them to his roster of characters right next to Nappa. Lychee (as the subs call him) was recast, too. Lychee is now voiced by Hiroshi Iwasaki.
I really want to respond to your whole post, but for now, I'll stick to this. Inada Tetsu didn't voice both Slug and Hacchi Hyack, just Slug. Hacchi Hyack was voiced by Ishikawa Hideo, who some may recognize as the voice of Uchiha Itachi in Naruto. As you already mentioned, Raichi is voiced by Iwasaki Hiroshi, the voice of Dr. Hogback in One Piece. Now, as far as the subs calling him "Lychee", that's completely understandable, since Raichi's name pun is on Lychee, a fruit tree native to China.

Other than that, all of the other major characters had the same seiyuu. Shouji Umeka even came back to reprise her role as the young Z TV reporter from the Jump Special! :P
Ah, damn. I figured I would get something wrong. :p

Interesting, though, that they got Ishikawa. O.o He does a pretty good job, although he didn't have much to say. I really wish this had been a bigger project for Toei. They could've done so much more to try to summon up interest. Oh well, I guess we all know why that didn't happen. :(
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:07 pm

[Link to download removed by Moderator]
You're welcome. 8)
Last edited by Kaboom on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Choice195: Please stop linking bootlegged videos of a newly and readily available feature in multiple threads. Any additional infractions will result in an immediate temporary ban.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Choice195: Please stop linking bootlegged videos of a newly and readily available feature in multiple threads. Any additional infractions will result in an immediate temporary ban.
Okay, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. :wink:

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Why don't people point out the hundreds of errors from the original episodes? Every episode at least has 100 mistakes.
El Conejo Malo

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Loved these two cameos:

The sign in the first picture, for the record, reads "pafupafu~".

Though, did they really have to reference Broli in the movie? :S
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Bardo117 wrote:Why don't people point out the hundreds of errors from the original episodes? Every episode at least has 100 mistakes.
We do point those out from time to time. However, it makes more sense for the original episodes to have countless flaws, since they were all manually sketched, inked, painted, and photographed. The Plan to Eraticate the Super Saiyans feature however, is digitally animated. When it comes to digital animation, it is possible for it to look alomst absolutely flawless, which is why it is disappointing to some when it doesn't. Then again, it does make sense that some digital anime nowadays looks pretty bad, since the anime industry has been losing money and declining over the past few years or so, due to internet piracy and whatnot.
-Joey