Official "Doomrider" Release + Response Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kestra-Kaito

Post by Kestra-Kaito » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:24 pm

Wow, this comment is nearly a year late in coming. If anyone reads this...

'Doomrider' was the first DBZ music videa I've ever watched, and it blew me away. I can't stop watching it (along with 'I Walk Alone'), I'm that amazed.

Considering that I haven't seen the very beginnings of DBZ for well over a year now, it was a trip down memory lane... with techno! On it's own the music isn't that great, but unexpectedly coupled with DragonBallZ and it worked really well (probably the rapid beats and rapid movement of the animation), it gave the opportunity for the editors to show off their syncronisation skills.

Loved the bit when Goku went Super Saiyan for the first time. It wasn't anti-climactic in the least. I wasn't too sure about the black and white part but it grew on me when I watched it for a second time. The ending was sudden and unexpected, but as someone else said it was a calm and peaceful ending to an otherwise chaotic (in a good way) video. Another tournament after the huge battle with Kid Buu probably would have been a bit anti-climactic.

So, yeah. Fantastic work to all involved :)
Don't be a guy! The world is full of guys! Be a man!

-Kestra-Kaito

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Hey,

I eventually got around to watching the video, heh how long has it been?

Sorry, I'm a busy person and a lot of the time just forget about things!

Anyways, I downloaded it. Thinking it's probably nothing too special, the music plays and I think oh this is going to be great :?

Then to my suprise it was incredibly well done, you had the timeings aced, and the beats went really well!

The quality was excellent, and you can tell you have spent a lot of time on it and it has payed off!

I really thourght it was good and liked the way it went through the sagas.

8:35 mins through the track, where is that 17 part from, I don't recognise it?

Anyways, all in all, well done to everyone involved in making it.
- Scott

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:55 pm

Oh… my… God.

I know this’ll sound stupid but I cried tears of joy. THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this! I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of this AMV, and I’m so glad people out there still treasure DBZ enough to spend so much time and effort into something like this! I can only imagine the frustration and the work that it took. Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!

Once I started playing Doomrider, I was completely in a trance for the rest of the video because I seriously couldn’t take my eyes off of it. I can’t believe I didn’t see this sooner, I should’ve checked Daizenshuu EX for the AMV recommendations a long time ago…

First of all, the music… YES!!

Techno and DBZ two of my favourite things combined! The choice of Sandstorm was completely ace, I mean it let you guys tell the DBZ story without the problem of lyrics or anything like that. By the way, the remixing of the music was just brilliant, it totally fit with the mood for each section – like the part with Goku turning Super Saiyan, and the Cell arcs. Fast, powerful and action-packed, totally fitting DBZ.

The picture quality was just superbe. I can’t put it any other way, the picture is just PERFECTLY clear and the effects you guys used didn’t take away from that. I even went and hooked it up to my parents’ big screen TV and watched it on there and it was mind-blowing.

Oh and about the effects, the editing and timing. WOW! Could it get any better? So much unique style and artistic ability was shown. It wasn’t the same old kind of strobing or y’know that weird multicolour effect.

All of it was great, though my favourite effects definitely have to be the Trunks killing Freeza and Trunks’ sword versus Goku’s finger, the part with the Japanese names on the screen in the Android saga made the vid ecstasy… the Cell games with the picture fizzling like it was the televised footage and then Gohan exploding into colour and busting up everything, and the ending edits with the still images of Buu with only the background moving and the final Genki Dama.

What also stuck out for me is when the music editing slowed, those scenes made the AMV even sweeter. Like the Ginyu/Goku transformation, and the Piccolo absorbing Kami-sama.

The action and fighting, every scene you guys chose to use… The way you started it and ended it…

From beginning to end it was just perfect, a work of pure genius. I especially love the use of the Earth in the finale because it reminds you of how epic and… and universal the story really is!

I mean is there any other reason why DBZ is the greatest show of all time!?! You guys did a phenomenal job…. I can’t begin to say how much I am in love with this music video and how you’re re-ignited my passion for DragonBall in general.

Thank you again… Totally and completely, my heart belongs to this AMV, the greatest thing under the heavens for sure!

15/10!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:57 pm

^^ What she said :D

ShadowAssailantX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowAssailantX » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:37 am

This was the first AMV I ever watched, and the video that that got me into AMV's like a year and half ago. Although I've long since watched this vid to death, it still remains one of my favorite AMVs and a standard at which to compare most other AMVs to.

Imagine my disappointment in finding that not all AMVs were up to par with this one, especially, ahem ""AMVs"" that consist of replacing the audio track of a single episode/fight with a song, with little no editing whatsoever...

Regardless, this is one of those videos that had it's flaws, but still came across a winner. Because it was a collaborative project, there were things that didn't mesh well, or tracks that were worse than the rest, but having different themes/ideas for each arc helped contrast them even more from each other and really gave DBZ an expansive feel.

Thanks for this Instant classic.
So zetta slow