How many people are lurking on Daizex?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

How many people are lurking on Daizex?

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Recently K-O Ken a new member on this forum said that he had been listening to the podcast for a year before he joined. Now this got me thinking I didn't join Daizex for half a year after finding the site, And I remember some user posting about how he lurks on the site (which was backed up by the fact he had been a member for 5 years and he barley had any posts.) So are there any other users who visit the site but rarely post? Hopefully this topic will get a few unknown members to post. Also can one of the admins please post how many people visit the main site so we can compare that to the forum?

DanielGClapp
Regular

Re: How many people are lurking on Daizex?

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 am

You probably know me by now since I post here a lot these days, but before that, I had pretty much been lurking for a year and then some. I noticed that pretty much every question I had about DBZGT was answered here whenever I googled it and that these discussion forums were the best source to find out about any release that had anything to do with the DB franchise! Well, that's my story..... 8)

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:06 am

I've been lurking the site and the forum since late 2006. Or early 2007. I don't remember quite well.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:13 am

I think I lurked around for about 3 or so years before joining.
2 of my friends regularly read this forum, but won't join. They are a little shy about their English skills, which is a shame as I'm sure their perspective as Japanese fans would be fairly interesting.

(Join/de-lurk, people. This is a nice site!)

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:47 pm

I used to lurk from fall of 2006 to fall of 2007 before joining.

...Then that damn template worm locked me out of my original account...
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:00 pm

I've been posting since back when I found this place back in 2005. You would think my post count would be a lot higher, but... eh.;p

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:23 am

I had been lurking here for maybe a year or two, but just recently signed up for an account.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:24 pm

I lurked on this site for about a year and a half before joining. I didn't join at first because I thought I didn't have anything worthwhile to contribute!

Even though I'm a member now, I don't post that often on here, but I do check the site and forum almost daily. I look at some of the users on here that joined the same month as me, like Innagadadavida and jda95, and wonder how they have that many more posts than I do. I guess you could say I still am a lurker to some extent. ;P

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I do occasionally post here but like li'l lemmy, given my long time here, you'd think I'd have more posts. I usually don't have anything special to add to threads so I don't post very often, but I am constantly reading these boards.
-Laserkid

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:38 pm

I feel like I've regressed back to lurking. :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:52 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:I feel like I've regressed back to lurking. :lol:
...I definitely have. I used to post tons of times a day. Now I barely post once every few months.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Heh, I have all that beat. Well, kinda. While I didn't very much lurk the forums until a few months before I joined (aside from particular topics that caught my interest), I have followed the podcast since day one back in 2005 without missing an episode and had regularly followed the website since 2000, but despite all that never actively joined the community here until 2009! :lol:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:29 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Heh, I have all that beat. Well, kinda. While I didn't very much lurk the forums until a few months before I joined (aside from particular topics that caught my interest), I have followed the podcast since day one back in 2005 without missing an episode and had regularly followed the website since 2000, but despite all that never actively joined the community here until 2009! :lol:
I've been around since before Mike changed the name to Daizenshuu EX!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm

I thought I'd become a lurker in recent years, but looking back, I seem to have been posting regularly ("insanely frequently" in my first couple of years) until 2010 (except for the Great Three-Month Drought of 2008), then at least two or three posts a month for the past year, so I'm at my lowest posting rate ever right now, but I don't think I count as a "lurker". Don't know precisely why I've refrained from posting as much; I guess it's because most of the "old gang", as it were (Jers, Chaos Saiyajin, The Mole, Steven Perry, Mr. Piccolo, chibi_goten, etc.) aren't around anymore, so that sense of camaraderie/family that I used to have when coming here is gone. Now I'm awash in a sea of unfamiliar usernames that I have no inclination to strike up that kind of internet-bond with, which I think is mainly down to the lack of Introductions replies, which makes it much harder to just casually hang/chill/joke around with fellow members.

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against... anyone who joined post-2008 ( :P ), but I do kind of feel like an old man sitting in his armchair, thinking "Those were the days..." or "Who are these young whippersnappers?", which I don't really want to do, so I tend to only post if I feel I have something important/helpful/bitingly witty to say. I'm still around, though. It's rare that more than two or three days go by without me popping in.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Re: How many peoplx'e are lurking on Daizex?

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:25 am

The Tori-bot wrote:I guess it's because most of the "old gang", as it were (Jers, Chaos Saiyajin, The Mole, Steven Perry, Mr. Piccolo, chibi_goten, etc.) aren't around anymore, so that sense of camaraderie/family that I used to have when coming here is gone.
This may sound strange... but have you kept in contact with any of those members, The Tori-bot? I'm a post-2008 member so I'll understand if you don't reply! :P

The reason I ask is because I've always been that type of person that asks "I wonder what happened to that guy". I've always done it while watching TV Shows, Films and now with people online. A great example I can give you is from the television series Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, they're documentaries from around 1999-. When I finished watching one of his documentaries I'd always do extensive research to try and find out what happened to the people he spoke to in his show or what they're doing now. I never really did find out much about the people he interviewed but at times I did get some results. Thankfully Theroux released a book that caught up with some of the people he had visited years ago, so that was a nice read.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How many peoplx'e are lurking on Daizex?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 am

SSJSteve wrote:The reason I ask is because I've always been that type of person that asks "I wonder what happened to that guy". I've always done it while watching TV Shows, Films and now with people online. A great example I can give you is from the television series Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, they're documentaries from around 1999-. When I finished watching one of his documentaries I'd always do extensive research to try and find out what happened to the people he spoke to in his show or what they're doing now. I never really did find out much about the people he interviewed but at times I did get some results. Thankfully Theroux released a book that caught up with some of the people he had visited years ago, so that was a nice read.
Same here (minus the Louis Theroux part). I joined in 2009 and I know that the forum has changed somewhat considerably since then, with members, etc. And sometimes, if I'm watching TV, I suddenly recognize an actor from Hollyoaks (which I used to watch, but now don't) or something and I think, "Oh, hey, that's nice."
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Some of us are only lurking because we're busy. We want to be more involved, but we move and get married, and move again. :'(

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm not sure if I count as lurking; I probably post more than I think. But, y'all should know I'm here in case I am lurking. :P
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:03 am

Freeza Heika wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote:I feel like I've regressed back to lurking. :lol:
...I definitely have. I used to post tons of times a day. Now I barely post once every few months.
I lurk a lot more nowadays too. I used to be in the top 10 highest post count (highest I ever got was 9 I think) now I'm down to 13. It's rare if I make more than 7 posts here in a month.

For me, it's the news. There hasn't been anything since the "here's what happened to Goku and Vegeta in DBO" info release that has interested me. Video games? Nope, not anymore. The Bardock Boost? I'm surprisingly indifferent. Kai? I've been done with it since it finished airing in Japan. DBSD? It is so off my radar that I forgot about it while making this post and had to come back to edit it in. I feel like I'm just at this point where they really need to knock my socks off with something fresh and exciting featuring the regular cast in order for me to fully leave lurker mode.

This still is the best place for new DB info though. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:39 am

Well, I was lurking on Daizex a long time, maybe from 2003. In 2005 I created an account, but I started to be really active around 2009/2010? Don't remember that exactly.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88