Most expensive Dragon Ball items you have seen

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Most expensive Dragon Ball items you have seen

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 am

Selling price vs. actual worth

For me, it would probably be 4 or 5 Dragon Ball (dragon box) singles for like $600.00 USD

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Most expensive Dragon Ball items you have seen

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 am

Well I don't know if this counts but I remember someone posting about Dragon-box 2 being like 9 thousand bucks :P I think it was on amazon? pretty much a joke for the over 9000 thing :P
Unless some rich kid who looks like this said ''Hmmm 9000 thousand? I'll take two'' :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:57 am

Japanese Dragon Box.. over 2 grand on Ebay. Not sure how much it cost to originally buy when first released, but I think 2 grand is a bit of a stretch.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 am

I saw a cel from the opening of the original Dragon Ball being sold for 880,000 yen on Yahoo! Auctions.

*Edit: It was actually 809,888 yen, and one from an eyecatch also was sold for 813,000 yen at the same time.

http://yahooauctionwatch.livedoor.biz/a ... 14466.html

Last edited by kei17 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 am

kei17 wrote:I saw a cel from the opening of the original Dragon Ball being sold for 880,000 yen on Yahoo! Auctions.
DANG! and I thought I was a hardcore fan :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 am

Japanese Dragon Boxes
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 am

JP Dragon Boxes & FUNimation's Dragon Box Z V.2 (not as quite as expensive as the original JP Dragon Boxes but still).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, if i had the excess money I would be buying all kinds of DragonBall stuff, from the Japanese Dragon Box's to Animation cels.

sluga

Post by sluga » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 am

Has to be Dragon Box vol. 2 not worth what everyone is asking for 40 episodes, makes it difficult to finish a set so i can watch them.
Selling Dragonball Z Dragon Box Vol. 2? I'm looking to buy new or like new Please inbox me to talk price, Ill gladly take it off your hands.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:37 am

A Buu Saga Vegeta figure made from some Gold and Diamond.

Asking Price = $16,000
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DBZnut
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZnut » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:25 pm

I have seen a couple figures for $2000. there is probably some on Ebay right now
Oh, hi there.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:33 pm

kei17 wrote:I saw a cel from the opening of the original Dragon Ball being sold for 880,000 yen on Yahoo! Auctions.

*Edit: It was actually 809,888 yen, and one from an eyecatch also was sold for 813,000 yen at the same time.

http://yahooauctionwatch.livedoor.biz/a ... 14466.html

But those are BEAUTIFUL!!

If I could afford to be spending that much money on unnecessary rubbish, I'd have them. The only cels I could afford are the completely unrecognisable ones.

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 am

On Amazon at this moment, there's a Super Saiyan 3 Goku figure for a thousand bucks. Don't know why, it doesn't look any more special then any of the other figures that are only labeled for a hundred fifty or so.

I don't even care. There's PVC Goku and Piccolo sculptures from Banpresto that I would be totally happy with (6-8 in), and they're only like 35-40 bucks.
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 pm

I think I remember seeing a huge set of cards go for 49,000,000 yen on Yahoo Auctions Japan once.:shock:
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:54 pm

I saw this article about gold Super Famicom Dragon Ball Z cartridges:
http://foxndiz.com/dragonball-z-gold-famicom-carts/

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 am

ricecake wrote:I saw this article about gold Super Famicom Dragon Ball Z cartridges:
http://foxndiz.com/dragonball-z-gold-famicom-carts/
Ya, those are some of the rarer games out there, and extremely pricey. The gold version of Dragonball Z 1 is called the '90 Limited Edition and was labeled by a small triangular silver sticker on the cover of the game's box. The Dragonaball Z 2 game had a gold square sticker to distinguish it as the Memorial Version, and was distributed at the 1991 Jump Victory Festival (which makes me assume the '90 Limited edition was similarly released at Jump's 1990 festival).

There's also a rare Dragonball Daimaou Fukkatsu prototype for the Famicom out there in the world, which I'm sure would fetch similarly high prices if seen by the right collectors. Dragonball Z 2V was a limited release variant of DBZ2 for the PS2 that had to be ordered (or won?) through the V-Jump poublication. But due to it's recentness I doubt it is considered nearly as valuable.

Now let's see if those Kanzenshuu robots can get all this in their Video Game Guide! :wink:

capsule X nike
Not-So-Newbie

Post by capsule X nike » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 pm

1 of 20 Ichiban kuji Goku oozaru figure, blackout edition with letter of authenticity from banpresto. I've only ever seen two in all my years of collecting. I own one and the other sold on yahoo auctions jp for the equivalent of about 3000 USD. I have seen higher priced items but that's the most expensive one I have ever seen actually SELL. I paid about half that for mine about a year and a half before the second one popped up.