"Songs of A High Spirited Saga" Reborn again!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegito

"Songs of A High Spirited Saga" Reborn again!

Post by Vegito » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:40 pm

Hey Veg, Just don't lock the subject please. I know that's a P2P Links... but that's a special one... yes I talking about the extreme rarely album "Songs of A High Spirited Saga" in high quality .MP3 ready for downloading. 8)

Roll down and have fun you folks!
http://www.freewebs.com/bakanekochi/downloads.htm

There's even a Karaoke ones, but he didn't upload them yet (or he won't I really don't know...).
Try to ask for more details about that CD. Perhaps he can help. :)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:48 pm

I allow this to continue existing because the CD is so completely old and from a country that no-one here lives in, in the first place (I think). Plus it's awesome.

And also because I'm a hypocritical asshat who wants the songs.

(Though, honestly, if I could find a place to get the actual CD, I would do so in a heartbeat.)

Many thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:47 pm

Huh. These aren't the versions that I know (and got from Wuken's site way-back-when).

The version of "Kimi ga Hero" I have seems to be the exact same lyrics, but the one up for download on that site almost appears to be a "remix" of this version.

The version of "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA" I have is an entirely different production and performer (and I like this version better). The tracklisting I have does indeed indicate there are two versions of "Head-Cha-La" on the disc, so this makes sense. Dunno about "...Hero", though.

That said, the version of "Hikari no Tabi" ("Love Light") is gorgeous, and the version of "Zenkai Power" is so damn cute.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:And also because I'm a hypocritical asshat who wants the songs.
Ahahahahahaha! I love this place.

Anyway - can't wait to hear these :D thanks!

-edit-
Chala Head Chala 2 (English ver, Phil. Release) tottally sucks! It sounds like it was recorded off of somebody's PC mic. The lyrics are totally different from these and they don't say "Sparking!". I'm pretty dissapointed.

Seriously, no "Sparking!"?

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:14 am

That english Chala-Head-Chala is...bizzare. The female choir sound out of place. :? I think I like the other version better, but the audio quality is horrible for the one I have.

EDIT: Besides a few nitpicks, I love this version of Hero. Was there ever an english version of Spirit VS Spirit produced?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:38 am

This is off topic, but it would be cool to see some actual movie clips of the Phil dragonball z dub :)

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:04 am

NaaaarghH!!! The links are broken! :cry: :cry:

However I can't download them. >_>

EDIT:
@sangofe:
MAYBE soon I have the chance to see a DBZ movie in tagalog.

Thanks to Vegito:^^
The instruments of the Cha-La are the same like in THIS chinese version. oO

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:25 am

And besides the vocals it sounds almost the same as the Chile version.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:36 pm

Thanks to Vegito:^^
Whaaaaa! I've been looking forever for the Cantonese opening of DBZ, which wasn't the techno remix ^______^ While it isn't the version used in the TVB dub, it's close enough ^^ Sankyu!
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:53 pm

Hehe no problem. Do you have any idea where I can find this TVB dub version von Cha-La?

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:21 pm

Nope. My cousin once said it was only released on LD, so I think it's kinda rare. And it's not even easy to rip a TV-sized version, because this opening not available on the Hong Kong DVD's of Dragon Ball, Cha-La Head-Cha-La. It was only included when broadcast on TV, so you'd have to rip it from a VHS source ~_~ [I think I might have some tapes with DBZ eps, but I don't think I could rip a version, nor do I think the OP is ever recorded completely on those tapes ~_~]
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:24 pm

Nargh! Damn! Maybe I should install some p2p programs... :? :roll:

kirkywirky

Post by kirkywirky » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:03 pm

hello. I'm a newbie and i reached this forum in my search for information about the new BGM Collection. but when i saw this entry, I couldn't leave without giving information about this "Songs of A High Spirited Saga" album.

you see, i'm from the Philippines. and i ONCE owned a copy of that album (too bad i cant seem to find it anymore..). if i'm not mistaken, this album was released here in the Philippines during around 1995-1996. this was meant to be the OST of Dragonball Z: The Greatest Rivals movie (this is actually an english-dubbed movie of the two coola movies, combined to one) when it was shown in theaters here in the Philippines. at the same time, it was when the original Dragon Ball was a hit here and they replaced the Opening and Ending themes with the versions found in that CD.

The Cha-La Head-Cha-La theme was only used in the movie. When Dragonball Z started in the Philippines, they used the original japanese version. this song (and the version of Kimi Ga Hero) was performed by Gino Padilla and a group of kids called Age Of Wonder.

I believe the rest of the other songs are performed by the Age of Wonder (sans Gino Padilla).

Right now, Dragonball Z is being replayed here in the Philippines. Contrary to the Dragonball Z: The Greatest Rivals movie and the earlier dub of Dragonball/Z (which were dubbed in English by Filipino Voice Talents), this version being replayed is dubbed in Filipino (tagalog).

Aside from Dragonball Z: The Greatest Rivals, the only other movies shown in theaters here are the Return of Broly and Bio Broly (yep, without the original broly movie). No OST was released for the two-in-one Broly movies here.

i'm not sure if you already know about these information. but if not, I'm glad to have enlighten your knowledge about this album.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:50 am

sangofe wrote:This is off topic, but it would be cool to see some actual movie clips of the Phil dragonball z dub :)
I have the filipino english dubs of Movies 5 and 6. Maybe I'll make a few when I'm not lazy.

I think I remember these movies in theaters when I went to the Philippines in the summer of 1996, but I had no interest or knowledge of DBZ at the time.

Edit: Never mind, this is an old thread. :x