Who's a character you'd like to see in a fighting game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Who's a character you'd like to see in a fighting game?

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Who's a character from the franchise you'd like to see in a fighting game, that either hasn't been in one yet or has only been in one or two?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Who's a character you'd like to see in a fighting game?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Chi-Chi

Preferably her adult self (23rd Budokai attire). Seriously, you add in the most superfluous and least demanded characters in games yet you only make room for the 'World's Strongest Woman' ('till Lazuli and Pan came into the picture) in one game... despite the fact the character actually has credible feats and a fanbase? :eh:

General Rildo

Dunno why but I want him in. He's never been in one.

Ledgic

The best GT character. Hands down.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Rirudo and his metallic abilities and transformations.
Ledgic. He's kinda mysterious.
Sigma Force. A robotic Ginyu Force that can fuse. Cool.
Baby's true self (young, teen and adult)
All the other Shadow Dragons. Given that each of them has a unique element of nature, one could be creative and make them play differently nicely.
Sgt. Metallic
Ninja Murasaki

Probably many more.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Characters i'd like to see.

Shown fighting:

Oolong

Murasaki

Drum

Giran

Bacterian

Jackie Chun (as a separate character)

Bora

Kami

King Chappa

Mutaito

Annin

Garlic Jr. Minions

Kochin

Wheelo's minions

Tullece's minions

Slug's minions

Arc 1 Yamcha(separate from regular Yamcha)

22nd budokai Tien (separate from regular Tien)

Bojack's minions

Lunch

Not shown fighting

King Kai

Korin

Tsuru-Sennin

Mr. Popo

Paragus

Bulma

Hypothetical forms

Coola's earlier forms

King Cold's later forms

Super Saiyan Raditz and Nappa

Oozaru Broly

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Mutchy, Rilldo & Ledgic - those 3 seriously need to make an appearance already. Perhaps if the developers stopped shoving Broly into every single game..
Would also like to see more Movie henchmen made playable. So far only the M7 Androids, M5 henchman and Bojack's female 'henchman' have appeared.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:51 am

- Oceanus Shenron
- Ledgic
- Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy
- Super Mega Cannon Sigma
- General Rilldo
- Chilled

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:54 am

Shit, forgot about Oceanus Shenron.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:54 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Chi-Chi

Preferably her adult self (23rd Budokai attire). Seriously, you add in the most superfluous and least demanded characters in games yet you only make room for the 'World's Strongest Woman' ('till Lazuli and Pan came into the picture) in one game... despite the fact the character actually has credible feats and a fanbase? :eh:
Chi-Chi in Super DBZ is playable in that outfit.

jcogginsa wrote:Characters i'd like to see.

Shown fighting:

King Kai
Actually playable as a fighter in Super Butoden.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:59 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:General Rildo

Dunno why but I want him in. He's never been in one.
I'm honestly kind of surprised he was never included in any of the Tenkaichi games at least. He's pretty much the first real fight Goku has in GT, so you'd think he'd have gotten some kind of inclusion by now.

Just off the top of my head...

Kid Oob - We haven't had him in a game since Budokai 3 and it's really disappointing. I'd love to see him make a comeback and see how he fits into all the new material, even if it was only a video game's answer to that.

Kid Kuririn - Seriously, we've gotten Kid Goku in a fair amount of the fighting games for a while now, they give us some moves and occasionally outfits representing Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Roshi from back in their DB days, but they keep overlooking Goku's best friend. I'd love to be able to play as this devious little guy.

Piccolo Daimao - His inclusion is probably at a better rate than the previous two, but definitely still lower than Kid Goku's. As the first super-powered villain in the franchise, it'd be nice to see him make a return.

Mercenary Tao - One of the other major threats in the original DB, it'd be nice to see him included a little more often too.

Let's see, who else...oh, yeah!

Arale Norimaki - Who doesn't love having her as a guest character? Hell, I had fun just running around with her in Tenkaichi 3. Anything that gets Dr. Slump even slightly more attention in the west is a good thing too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:08 am

I hoped for Dr. Raichi and that cybernetic henchman from the OAV for Raging Blast 2. I was so hyped for it.

I would like the symbiont ''true'' forms of Baby, don't have anyone else on minds outside of the costumes.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:18 am

It's always Hatchiyack. We don't have enough material of such a badass villain. Especially his second form.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:38 am

Jord wrote: Chi-Chi in Super DBZ is playable in that outfit.
He also said they can count if they've been in only one or two fighting games.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:54 pm

I wanna be God.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Kakacarrottop wrote:Mutchy, Rilldo & Ledgic - those 3 seriously need to make an appearance already. Perhaps if the developers stopped shoving Broly into every single game..
Would also like to see more Movie henchmen made playable. So far only the M7 Androids, M5 henchman and Bojack's female 'henchman' have appeared.
The movie henchmen are not very popular which is why we never seen them in the game. They probably won't add them if they feel like that not enough people won't play as them in the game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Kakacarrottop wrote:Mutchy, Rilldo & Ledgic - those 3 seriously need to make an appearance already. Perhaps if the developers stopped shoving Broly into every single game..
The movie henchmen are not very popular which is why we never seen them in the game. They probably won't add them if they feel like that not enough people won't play as them in the game.
As opposed to Freeza Soldier #2?

Xenoverse has Rasberry. Your argument is invalid.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 pm

GT Goten
Future Gohan
Teen ChiChi
King Piccolo and his children (Drum, Cymbal and Tambourime)
Rildo and the Sigma Force
The Other 4 Shadow Dragons
Movie henchman (Turles' Slug's, Garlic Jr.s, Wheelo's and Bojacks)
Mira, Towa and Demigra
Some cool what if forms from Heroes like SSJ3 Vegetto for example

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: As opposed to Freeza Soldier #2?

Xenoverse has Rasberry. Your argument is invalid.
Rasberry is added for the story mode since they are just cannon fodder. I agree that they should not be on the main roster though.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Rasberry is added for the story mode since they are just cannon fodder. I agree that they should not be on the main roster though.
Why not? If they're there in the game, let us play as them. They're right there.

Along that same line of thought, it's absurd that we can't play as some of the boss characters.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Rild and his henchmen are in Dragon Ball Heroes, but I would like to be able to play as them in a console game. I would love to be able to play as Buleberry or Shuura, too! Shuura wouldn't be too hard since Furukawa Toshio already has to voice Piccolo. I'd love to see Shuura return get a continuation to his story someday...
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:53 am

I'd like to see Lucifer make his first playable appearance(and first appearance in general). Aka and Bio-Broly are the only major Z-era villains that haven't been playable in a fighting game to date. I only really care for the former but it would be neat to see both. It would also be kinda neat to see Ozotto revived like Hatchiyack was.

I'd add the Xenoverse guys but I'm almost positive that they'll be DLC.