Were the Kaioshin ignoring Freeza because of Beerus?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Were the Kaioshin ignoring Freeza because of Beerus?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:03 am

Well, we know that Beerus and Freeza got along moderately well, and we assume that the Kaioshin must be aware of every move that Beerus makes, so they'd know of that "alliance" of theirs. We know that Beerus didn't really care much if Freeza was killed, but nevertheless, is it possible however that the Kaioshin never acted against Freeza because they were scared of what Beerus potentially may have done to them?

The current young Kaioshin in Super seems to not know too much about Beerus or his power, though, and we don't know if Freeza even existed before the other Kaioshin were killed by Boo, though it's possible.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Were the Kaioshin ignoring Freeza because of Beerus?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Doctor. wrote:Well, we know that Beerus and Freeza got along moderately well, and we assume that the Kaioshin must be aware of every move that Beerus makes, so they'd know of that "alliance" of theirs. We know that Beerus didn't really care much if Freeza was killed, but nevertheless, is it possible however that the Kaioshin never acted against Freeza because they were scared of what Beerus potentially may have done to them?

The current young Kaioshin in Super seems to not know too much about Beerus or his power, though, and we don't know if Freeza even existed before the other Kaioshin were killed by Boo, though it's possible.
But wasn't it stated that the Kaioshin could kill Freeza with great ease? And like you said, while Beerus and Freeza got along, if Freeza died Beerus wouldn't have given a shit. So I don't think the Kaioshin were ignoring Freeza because of Beerus. I think they were ignoring him because they knew they could have taken care of Freeza easily and pretty much considered him an afterthought.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:But wasn't it stated that the Kaioshin could kill Freeza with great ease?
Yes. It was stated that each one of the 5 Kaioshin that existed before Buu's rampage could have killed Freeza in one shot:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:21 pm

I'm aware that the Kaioshin could kill Freeza, I'm asking if it isn't possible that they may have misinterpreted Beerus and Freeza's relationship as friendship and, as such, were afraid of making a move to stop Freeza's empire.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:32 pm

So you're asking if the Kaioshin feared that Beerus would come after them if they went after Freeza due to misinterpreting how the relationship between the two went?

If that's what you're asking then I honestly don't think the Kaioshin cared enough about Freeza to make a move on him. They oversee the entire universe. Freeza's empire was only a tiny part of that. If he ever became a big enough threat to the universe as a whole then I think they'd step in and stop him, but as he currently was? I don't think they cared enough about him to even think about moving on him.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:I'm aware that the Kaioshin could kill Freeza, I'm asking if it isn't possible that they may have misinterpreted Beerus and Freeza's relationship as friendship and, as such, were afraid of making a move to stop Freeza's empire.
I doubt it. I don't see a reason why they would step in to handle in the first place Freeza. Even if Freeza owed all of the Universe, if he didn't do anything to put the "balance" at risk I believe they wouldn't intervene. They only fought Boo because he engaged them.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Didn't the other Kaioshin die a lot of time before Frieza? If all of them died before he rose to power, I don't think East Kaioshin was even strong enough to kill Frieza. He literally knows nothing of worth and all his assumptions could be based on First Form Frieza.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:09 pm

On a related note, it's kinda hypocritical that they criticize Beerus for randomly blowing up planets on a whim yet they had no problem with Freeza.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Draconic wrote:Didn't the other Kaioshin die a lot of time before Freeza? If all of them died before he rose to power, I don't think East Kaioshin was even strong enough to kill Freeza. He literally knows nothing of worth and all his assumptions could be based on First Form Freeza.
I think it was never specified if they had died before Freeza was around.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Marco Polo wrote:On a related note, it's kinda hypocritical that they criticize Beerus for randomly blowing up planets on a whim yet they had no problem with Freeza.
I don't think Freeza made a habit of randomly destroying planets for the lulz, though. He was more interested in conquering planets in order to expand his empire. Beerus, on the other hand, isn't interested in acquiring real estate. He whimsically destroys planets for the most trivial reasons imaginable.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

well,i think kaioshin does not know who beerus is... 8)

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:57 am

I highly doubt Beerus had anything to do with Kaioshin refraining from destroying Frieza. I've mentioned this in some of my older posts, but I think it's quite possible that the Kaioshin were originally a bit on the arrogant side prior to meeting their end at the hands of Buu. My basis for this theory comes from the smirk filled, smug image that the overseer was initially shown personifying. It was only after learning that his power paled in comparison to a band of mere mortals that he realized he should drop the tough guy act. Coupled with the fact that Frieza hasn't caused enough damage, the lone Kai probably felt that the emperor of evil was too far beneath him to even bother with.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 am

It sounds bizarre when you think of the Frieza saga, but for all the planets he ruled Frieza was just small fry compared to the Kaioshin and Beerus. Either side could have swatted him, Cooler and Cold like flies.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:27 am

Diotor wrote:It sounds bizarre when you think of the Freeza saga, but for all the planets he ruled Freeza was just small fry compared to the Kaioshin and Beerus. Either side could have swatted him, Cooler and Cold like flies.
While Beerus probably found Frieza's vile disposition a bit detestable, he also likely knew full well that the emperor of evil posed no threat to him or anything that he may have considered important. Without a sense of urgency, the destructive feline probably felt that there was no real need to go above and beyond to crush the tyrant.

VintageSaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by VintageSaiyan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Frieza wasn't throwing the universe out of whack by destroying galaxies left and right. He's a space pirate, self proclaimed emperor of the universe. I don't think the Kai's would interfere with something so trivial. Frieza was part of a natural progression within the universe that was rectified, well...naturally. With a little help from some super saiyan glow.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Kaioshin ignored Freeza cuz he's a selfish dick.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Gods seem to stay natural. Kaioshin has no reason to stop Freeza since he feels like Buu is a bigger issue to stop.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 am

Buu wants to do nothing other than destroy wantonly (at least Kid Buu) whereas Frieza wants to rule the galaxy. Frieza would eventually die and his empire would most likely break up.

The universe/Kaioshin would barely notice in terms of timespan.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 pm

In any case, if things really got out of hand, Kaioshin would have presumably stepped in and made quick work of the tyrant and his empire.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:04 pm

supercat wrote:In any case, if things really got out of hand, Kaioshin would have presumably stepped in and made quick work of the tyrant and his empire.
Unless Freeza trains! Then it would be too late for Kaioshin...