Episode #0019 (26 March 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:06 am

Silent_Rage wrote:Great Podcast! I never miss em'.
Meri wrote:She's actually hot in appearance, too (if I can speak as her biased sister, heh). :D But, she'd murder me if I posted pics of her all over the Intarweb.
Speaking of appearances, what do you three look like?

I have been listening to the Podcast since the beginning, and it's almost starting to bug me that I don't have a image in my mind of what you, Julian and Mike look like when I'm listening to them.

Is it possible for you guys to post pics of yourselves?
Just for kicks, I like to picture them as minor characters from DB. EX as Turtle Hermit, Julian as Oolong, and Meri as Puar. But most of the time, I just picture a bunch of normal looking guys that I wouldn't be surprised to see in everyday life...
Last edited by DaemonCorps on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:57 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
Silent_Rage wrote:Great Podcast! I never miss em'.
Meri wrote:She's actually hot in appearance, too (if I can speak as her biased sister, heh). :D But, she'd murder me if I posted pics of her all over the Intarweb.
Speaking of appearances, what do you three look like?

I have been listening to the Podcast since the beginning, and it's almost starting to bug me that I don't have a image in my mind of what you, Julian and Mike look like when I'm listening to them.

Just for kicks, I like to picture them as minor characters from DB. EZ as Turtle Hermit, Julian as Oolong, and Meri as Puar. But most of the time, I just picture a bunch of normal looking guys that I wouldn't be surprised to see in everyday life...
Every time Mike uses the dub-Roshi voice I instantly start laughing :lol: I picture Roshi (animated) going crazy talking to Meri (a real person). It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit in my head.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:05 am

I caught a few references... but I'm sure it wasn't any winning number.

This has really been bugging me, what was the name of that anime Meri mentioned, about these kids in some anime club? I saw it in a friend's magazine at school a while back and it looked pretty interesting. Seeing as I also found Zettai Shonen through that very issue (which I became obsessed with), I'm really curious about this.

Also, SOGEKING.

BlaZin

Post by BlaZin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:06 am

desirecampbell wrote: Every time Mike uses the dub-Roshi voice I instantly start laughing :lol: I picture Roshi (animated) going crazy talking to Meri (a real person). It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit in my head.
Yeah that was a real good impersonation of Master Roshi. I actually for once laughed...*Tear*

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:14 am

Tsukento wrote:
laserkid wrote:As for the note, on Advance Adventure, while it may not mean anything, the game WAS fully reviewed in this month's Nintendo Power.
I'm holding the April 2006 issue in front of me. It's a preview. Not a review. :P

Unless you mean the May 2006 issue, which I don't have. >__>
It is indeed the may issue, with New Super Mario Brothers on the front. They gave it a 7.
-Laserkid

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:53 am

laserkid wrote:It is indeed the may issue, with New Super Mario Brothers on the front. They gave it a 7.
What? Nintendo's very own propaganda mouthpiece only gave it a 7?! Methinks someone's blood is flowing down the streets of Redmond, Washington. :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:53 am

Zackarotto wrote:I caught a few references... but I'm sure it wasn't any winning number.

This has really been bugging me, what was the name of that anime Meri mentioned, about these kids in some anime club? I saw it in a friend's magazine at school a while back and it looked pretty interesting. Seeing as I also found Zettai Shonen through that very issue (which I became obsessed with), I'm really curious about this.

Also, SOGEKING.
The name of the show I spoke about is called "Genshiken." It hit WAY too close to home in reminding me of my college's old anime club, so I loved it. Plus, the characters are really great. :D

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Silent_Rage: We were planning on putting extremely un-fitting and un-representative pictures on the podcast page at some point. So yes!
Thanks, dude!

DaemonCorps wrote:Just for kicks, I like to picture them as minor characters from DB. EZ as Turtle Hermit, Julian as Oolong, and Meri as Puar. But most of the time, I just picture a bunch of normal looking guys that I wouldn't be surprised to see in everyday life...
LOL! That's pretty cool! :lol:

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:07 am

Silent_Rage wrote:Speaking of appearances, what do you three look like?

Well... if you're curious, you can find one of the three of us from AnimeNEXT 2004 right here (assuming you see this post before Mike does).

I still look pretty similar to that image, except my hair hasn't been cut in 2 months and I have about 2 weeks' beard growth as well. I think I'm also enjoying the Japanese food a little too much for my own good, but, uh... that's not important. :? As for the other two, I haven't seen them in person since AnimeNEXT last year, but I assume they're the same as always.
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlaZin

Post by BlaZin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:14 am

^So that's all three of you?

MOD EDIT: Yes, that'd be the implication. :P

bZ Edit: lol, But he said one of the three of us, so I didn't know. :P
Last edited by BlaZin on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:47 am

Ooooooh! Julian, Meri, Mike! I have your pictures now! You cannot escape me!

edit! Desire and Julian - separated at birth!

Last edited by desirecampbell on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 am

Hmm, odd I imagined Mike to have a top hat and monocle :lol:.
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:02 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
laserkid wrote:It is indeed the may issue, with New Super Mario Brothers on the front. They gave it a 7.
What? Nintendo's very own propaganda mouthpiece only gave it a 7?! Methinks someone's blood is flowing down the streets of Redmond, Washington. :P
Clearly you haven't read NP in years, they give 7s and lower to a LOT of games these days. Even their own games....(Donkey Konga 2 got a really low score from them).
-Laserkid

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:10 am

desirecampbell wrote:Ooooooh! Julian, Meri, Mike! I have your pictures now! You cannot escape me!

edit! Desire and Julian - separated at birth!
...I think I have a doppelgänger now... :shock:

Well, a 2-years-ago Doppelgänger, but still... O_ô
Zackarotto wrote:SOGEKING.
Yes indeed. And for those who don't know... he's only the most awesomest character in One Piece, ever. Born on the Island of Sharpshooters (located in our hearts), he never misses his mark. Also, he has a theme song. :D

But anyway, I suppose it's time for us to get back on topic.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:00 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:...I think I have a doppelgänger now... :shock:
Well, a 2-years-ago Doppelgänger, but still... O_ô
You cannot escape me! :D
SaiyaJedi wrote:Also, he has a theme song. :D
Which in the dub will be rap. Obviously.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:01 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:Yes indeed. And for those who don't know... he's only the most awesomest character in One Piece, ever. Born on the Island of Sharpshooters (located in our hearts), he never misses his mark. Also, he has a theme song. :D
YOU LIE >D

Also, Julian you look pretty close to what I thought you'd look like oO

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:48 am

Kirbopher wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:Yes indeed. And for those who don't know... he's only the most awesomest character in One Piece, ever. Born on the Island of Sharpshooters (located in our hearts), he never misses his mark. Also, he has a theme song. :D
YOU LIE >D
I do not. :D

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:39 am

:up: Love the chin stubble and hair cut (or rather, lack of hair cut), Julian. Totally cool, and super hot! (Assuming I can say that in a totally friendly way, as to not have my arse kicked by Mike).

*looking at AnimeNEXT 2004 photo* Wow, my hair was long back in 2004. It's getting closer to that length again, though. Hey, we should post the picture of the three of us (and Maggie!) doing the Ginyu poses. :D

But yeah, we need to take some funny pics of us for the podcast.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:52 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Kirbopher wrote:
YOU LIE >D
I do not. :D
...wow. Okay well more specifically, HE LIES >O

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:09 am

Hey, we should post the picture of the three of us (and Maggie!) doing the Ginyu poses.
Mike! Meri! Julian! Ultra Super Pod Cast Team Force 3 Go!!! ::All dramaticlly jump into coumputer chairs::